“Great location but not worth the price”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Great location but not worth the price”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Hilton, Belfast for the first time on Saturday night, check in was easy & quick, we went to out room to find it looked great with fab view as we expected as it was a deluxe room. The room was warm but we thought it was due to the sun shining! However when we returned later the room was still warm as the evening went on it seemed to get warmed disturbing our sleep, despite moving every switch on the thermometer in the room we had no joy. The bed was also uncomfortable which was disappointing. Overall we felt it was expensive for the standard of room we expected but the location was great!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank njbaah
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hotel and customer feedback is very important to us.

Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and we will be able to investigate your comments further.

Ciarán

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Make sure you book a room at the front of the hotel as the rear has very loud Air Conditioning units and it backs onto a concert venue. I booked a King room hoping for a bit of comfort but the bed was harder than the floor and the pillows offered no support. The breakfast was ok but not any better than a transport cafe. Staff and service was very good and the hotel is spotless throughout.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - ciaran.mcmanus@hilton.com

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great hotel. Greeted by Donna in guest services and John the concierge who were very friendly and helpful. They recommended several places of interest and a few good places to eat and drink. Room was excellent and location was great. Will definitely be returning to this Hilton again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it upgrade to executive floor. The lounge and staff are fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg491
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you and your partner in order for you to have a memorable anniversary stay.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I got here by taxi from the city airport, which cost about 12 pounds. The staff was very friendly and informal. The room was pleasant, with coffee and tea facilities, hairdryer, Hilton toiletries etc. There was enough space and enough sockets including a European socket. You could open the window which was nice.
Sleeping quality was good, comfortable and silent. I did hear people talk in the corridor, just outside my door, but otherwise the hotel was silent.
Room service was okay, not very good but fine. The person who brought the room service was friendly.
I paid the usual Hilton fee of 15 pounds for 24 hour internet, which was a good connection.
Breakfast was nice, with enough options from English breakfast to decent croissants and fruit. Coffee and tea was served at the table and staff was very friendly and quick. I couldn't find pancakes though.
Check-out was friendly again, I opted for the express check out and the bill arrived few days later.
I would recommend this hotel as it provides ally he basic needs for a business stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next return.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well placed and easily accessible. Staff are very helpful and made us feel very welcome. However, this is a Hilton and the this hotel doesn't live up to the name.

It's the small things that make the difference and there were basic mistakes that could easily be solved. On arrival to our room, around 5pm, there was a tray of discarded breakfast tray in the corridor. It was still there when we returned from dinner at eleven. A bit off putting.

We booked through laterooms and I hope they didn't think we would notice an inferior room. It was large, clean and overall very nice but the bed sheets were town down the seem and the chair had a large stain covered up with cushions. Little things that would not put me off staying again but I did notice.

And, as with all Hilton hotels, they want to charge you for Wi-Fi in your room. Come on.

Overall I would stay again, it's a nice hotel but but It's a long way from a five star billing

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very poor stay at Belfast - after ordering a salad and waiting 1 hour and 20 mins there was still no delivery from room service so had to cancel and go hungry for the night. Sleeping was difficult as the beds were rock hard and in summary in my opinion it was definitely not worth the price tag of Exec Suite at over £160 per night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

London
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed here for the past 6 months whenever I come for business. It is very centrally located to town and also the local train station.

Rooms are excellent, always cleaned everyday. Breakfast is also very good as a lot of choices (hot and cold) which can set you for the day. I really rate their full english breakfast. Cannot beat it!
I tend to eat at the restaurant for dinner after a long day in the office and just for convenience. I think it is very good value for money (you can have two courses for £25) and it is very well prepared and yummy too!

Staff are helpful too. In one of my trips, I arrived well early and they were able to check me in straight away.

Overall, I would stay here again, for business and pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank babygLondon
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you and your family in order for you to have a memorable stay.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon.