“Great Location”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I spent 2 nights in the Hilton and it was wonderful. The location was near to all that I wanted to see (especially the Market). The room was large, clean and comfortable. Had supper in the lounge one night and it was "simply delicious" and the service was excelllent. Really couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurie S
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for your top rating of 5!

It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Ciarán

Write a ReviewReviews (3,056)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed for Weekend trip to Belfast and wasn't dissapointed. Can't fault staff who booked us in really early as our flight was early morning and travelling was really tiring we just left our bags in reception and came back after a lkitle stroll around the area whilst they made the room ready which was immaculate and spotlessly clean. We didn't eat there for the evening meal as I'd previously booked a table at another restaurant but we did have breakfast the next and the service was impeccable, the free daily mail was a nice touch and saved me buying one on the way home at the airport. The choice of cooked ot continental buffet style breakfast was a pretty strandard affair although we were waited upon for tea and coffee by pleasant enough staff, also it was nice to be able to see the chefs preparing food through viewing glass in the kitchen. After this we waited in the lobby to be picked up to continue our onward journey, it was really nice and the relaxed seating area looking out onto the forecourt enabled us to enjoy the surroundings in the meantime. I would definately recommend the Hilton as a good experiance and a perfect stay for a weekend city break.

Room Tip: Our room did overlook the back service area but this was no problem.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dean w

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very near rail station in the business quarter. Foyer and bars a bit dreary but excellent size bedrooms with great beds and pillows. Lovely views of Lagan River from 5th floor room.
Dinner in restaurant was excellent with attentive staff. Good selection of wines by glass but
it is not the most glamorous dining room in Belfast. Good value for the rate I obtained for a
Sunday which included breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ber195

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast.

It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with Tripadvisor. We value all feedback given.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked an adaptable room via booking.com I highlighted my requirements i.e. A walk-in shower and extra pillows due to not being able to take my bed rest with me. As this was a special one night away I booked a more expensive room (a king size deluxe). On arrival there wasn't a room available but I'd booked over a month ago. They said they would therefore upgrade us free of charge to an executive adapted room which wasn't ready and said it would take few minutes and asked us to wait in the bar and would let us know when it was ready. We waited 1hr10mins and it still wasn't ready (I was exhausted from travelling) I went and asked again and they said they would chase it up. A few minutes later we got our room card and went up to the room. To say I was disappointed was an under statement, the room had a shower over the bath - I am unable to get in a bath due to mobility issues hence asking for an adapted room and I had explained this on arrival! The bed had a duvet cover that barely covered the bed with a rip down the side and there were only four pillows which appeared standard. I didn't have the energy to go and argue any further and made do with what we had, although I couldn't shower during my stay which is not pleasant. I checked out without making a complaint but I won't be going back - I just hope our stay at the Blackpool Hilton is better than this one.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack n Sue W

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m very sorry you did not receive the room you were expecting. This is not acceptable and I will be following up with the team as to why this happened. We are very experienced in dealing with guests with particular requirements please accept my apologies you did not receive this level of service during your stay. Please contact myself directly if you do decide to return. Ciarán.mcmanus@hilton.com

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had to go to Belfast on a work-related high court case. I've not been in Belfast since 1956 although I make frequent visits to Northern Ireland. I was so pleasantly surprised from the Belfast I used to visit with my grandmother to visit relative in the city. It used to be so grimy and dark with endless rows of small terraced houses in uniformed streets. In those days we were in the Market between the bus and railway, the gas works and the hide and tallow factory. The old East Street.
Now it's such a vibrant, modern city blessed with lots of new developments and new housing and so much of interest by day and night..

The Hilton personifies the new Belfast. Stylish and spacious hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff in reception, in the restaurant and the household staff - too often the unsung heroes.

Watch out for hotel car parking fees: £18 a day.

Room Tip: Fabulous views from upper floors (we were on the twelfth) over the city to both east and west depend...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eddie C

Thank you for your kind comments.

Belfast is a great city and has a lot to offer. The Team are very are proud of the city and the hotel alike.

We hope you consider us for any future travel plans.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The location was great for walking around the city center. It is about a 30 minute walk to the Titanic Museum. Rooms were big and quiet. Loved the bedding! Check-in and out process was quick. Breakfast selection was good. The biggest disappointment was the dining service at Sonoma. I was a part of a coach group, so I expected there would be some delays but the service was awful. Servers didn't say hello, smile or check on us. I am not exaggerating when I say we asked our server three times for water and several times for bread. I would stay here again but not dine here. Good thing there are plenty of options within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feedback.

I'm pleased you were happy with our facilities, but please accept my apologies for the service you received in the restaurant , this is not our usual high standard and I will be passing on your comments to the Food and Beverage manager to investigate.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently stayed in the Hilton Belfast with my family and friends. We stayed for two nights and the service was excellent from both the Front Desk and Food and Beverage.

A special mention has to go to John from the Concierge desk. He reccomended and made a reservation for us in Villa Italia.Baring in mind it was a busy Saturday night John manged to secure a table for 8 people at 8.30pm which was perfect as we had been sight seeing all day.The food and atmosphere was great, we all had a fablous meal.
John also arranged two Black Taxis at 11.30am on Sunday morning which brought us on a City Tour. The two drivers were really knowledgeable and very helpful.

We also received outstanding service from Donna in the Excutive Lounge. She could not have done any more for us. She is a great host.

The bedrooms equally lived up to the excellent service we received. Beds where very comfortable and the bathroom had all the neccessary amenities.

The breakfeast buffet was also very good and we enjoyed breafeast on both mornings.

Overall we had a great weekend thanks to the excellent service we received.

We will certainly be back in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ehagarty8

Thank you for your response.

I am pleased you experienced the 5 star service that we so frequently deliver here at Hilton Belfast. I will make sure Donna receives the credit she deserves. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.