“Belfast Hilton” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Belfast Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

First rate staff and service. Room was spotless, very friendly and great location. Only downside was air conditioning in room was broken,which I am sure would have been fixed if requested. Excellent views of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Gary S
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for the Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to have our loyal guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next return.

Ciarán

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

A fawlty towers of broken bits, being kept together by an exemplary crew.
Though some of the staff seem to judge the guests!
And don't ask for the Doorman, he's probably watching the golf in the bar.
An underwhelming experience never to be repeated .

Stayed July 2014

I appreciate your constructive feedback, and I shall certainly share your comments, both positive and negative with the relevant departments.

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. It's a typical large hotel. Unfortunately the atmosphere is not nearly a good as the Doubletree in Dublin.

The desk staff were adequate, not overly helpful or attentive. The service is the hotel café was sporadic, selection very limited and every quite expensive.

WiFi is not free unless you sit in the lobby which provided seating the is very uncomfortable. You can also access the WiFi from the Café/Bar which seems to be what is being encouraged by the lack of comfortable lobby seating.

Charges of the best part of 10 GBP per day is outrageous and continues to be my biggest pet peeve when it comes to higher end hotels. The cheap and cheerful one general provide free access everywhere including your rooms, so what's the problem with these large world wide hoteliers. It strikes me simply as a money grab.

The hotels rooms and facilities for breakfast were fine.

The bed in my room was one of the very best I have slept on. I also find that a lot of hotels have gone to the comforter without sheet in between which I affects a good nights rest. You can usually be very warm without any option other than cranking up the air conditioner to remedy the situation, It would seem more practical to have a sheet and lower air conditioning costs than what is now required to get a cool enough room to be able to cover up with the comforters provided.

Breakfast buffet at this hotel was very nice, They provided poached and scrambled eggs with their full Irish breakfast options. The serving staff generally were attentive, unfortunately the young woman serving in the area I was seated in one morning was much more focused on a discussion with what appeared to be a friend rather than serving the other customers. Credit to the restaurant manager for taking the time to intervene and try to get her back on track with what she was supposed to be doing. It did take some effort on his part.

The concierge at this hotel was not very helpful. His manner was quite off hand and left the impression that he really wasn't interested in helping with advice on hotel bookings, travel arrangements, taxi ordering, etc. The older fellow that worked on the weekend was much, much better and certainly more interested and helpful with everything.

The hotel location was excellent to many restaurants, central Belfast shopping, site seeing/points of interest and as such would make a good place to stay while in Belfast.

My overall impression from the staff was that they weren't interested in serving or may simply needed to have more staff than was on hand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Unfortunately however, you were not entirely satisfied with your overall experience, and I am particularly disappointed to read that the hotel lacked friendliness.

I must admit that friendliness is one of the main areas which we are complimented on, never-the-less, I am sorry that on this occasion you felt otherwise.

Although you have also mentioned various positive issues of your stay, I will share all of your feedback with the relevant departments within the hotel.

Thank you for expressing such positive comments with regard to your recent stay at Hilton Belfast.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was on a stag night and I decided with some friends not to stay at the hotel for the homeless our other friends were staying at.

I'm a Hilton gold honors member so I knew that i would possibly receive an upgrade to the executive floor..As it happened when I booked my friends and myself a room each the executive rooms were only £6 GBP more than the normal rooms so I just booked us all into them rooms.

We landed at BFS early in the morning and headed for some breakfast and a few drinks before checking in. Upon check in there was no mention of of my Hilton status like other Hiltons I've stayed in. I received all the information about wifi and executive lounge times for free drinks. The bedroom was of good standard and had great views..only thing wrong with my bedroom was that my tv wouldn't work properly so I phoned for a hotel engineer to come to fix it...within no time the hotel engineer had fixed the dodgy tv and I decided to catch an hours sleep...I had just settled down in bed when there was a knock at the door..to my surprise it was a Hilton staff member with a small bottle of white wine and two satsumas. After falling asleep in my comfortable bed I woke up to have a shower and made made my way to meet my friends in the executive lounge for the Hilton happy hour...the staff were wonderful I never had an empty glass..and whenever i was about to finish my glass of vodka it was swifty replaced with a new glass.

Breakfast was awesome...excellent selection in the main restaurant...I even went back for more and that's unlike me.

checkout was swift and uneventful.

This is an excellent hotel...the only thing it missed was a swimming pool and wellness/spa facilities...other than that another great Hilton stay.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast.

I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed with my wife recently and got wowed! Great staff like Donna, Petra and a tall nights guy named Zur. The asset of this hotel is their front liners - an absolute selection of fine hoteliers. City hotels are expensive but this one is 5 star because of the perfection of trained staff to meet you and leave you taken care of from check in to goodbye. I would recommend this to everyone I know. A few tips for newcomers booked in advance and get room only (no breakfast) and on check in ask for an executive room upgrade for £30 pounds. This will give an exec room on the highest floors, free breakfast in executive lounge, free non-alcoholic drinks all day and night till 10pm, 6 to 8pm Canapés and Selected alcoholic beverages in their executive lounge. Save your money for shopping not on drinks and food which you'll get free in their executive lounge. Rooms are big and clean. Get a lake view if you can. Parking is beside the hotel but discounted rate only. Wifi is free in the ground floor only. This hotel is 5 minutes to any area in the city! Train station is few few meters away - central station. Fault, we couldn't stay and extend our holiday anymore....thumbs up too to Conor, F&B manager.

Room Tip: Away from lift because it's a busy 198 rooms. Take a river view on a high floor. Book an upgrade...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank asiantraveller2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

KL, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

It's near to Belfast Central Train Station as well as city too. About 15 minutes walking distance to City Hall. Staffs are very helpful. We able to book at a very cheap price and it's valued for what've we paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Chor Wooi Y
Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past, but not for a couple of years now, so knew what to expect.
As I had booked far in advance I got a good rate which included breakfast. I was glad of this and was pretty happy with the offering.
There was some noise from the rail line which runs near the hotel. The other negatives were the high cost of the car parking, which was not a surprise as it is indicated on the website and I have experienced this at other Hilton's. Also the lack of free wi-fi other than in the lobby area is annoying.
However on to the positives. We had a King Studio room and it was great to have some additional space and the sofa, as well as the floor to ceiling windows. Having this room also gave us access to the executive lounge on the 11th floor. This was a great perk where we enjoyed canapes and beer in the evening. Special mention must go to both Neil and Donna who 'worked the room' really well. Keeping tables clean and glasses topped up and also chatting with guests and sharing local knowledge and tips too. They really are a credit to the hotel and it was a pleasure to see them both at the reception desk when we checked out the next morning. It was like saying goodbye to friends and the number one reason why we'll be looking to stay at this hotel again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BennyBlue
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you in order for you to have a memorable stay.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon.