“Great Base for a short break!”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here as a family of four Aug14, hotel is modern and clean, breakfast was varied and well presented, and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Has a lovely bar area where staff are very efficient friendly and helpful. Stayed in King Guest rooms which were very pleasant and comfortable, would definitely recommend this hotel as a good base for a short stay in Belfast. We were made to feel very welcome here during our trip, we used the concierge services for recommending and booking restaurants which was all organised very efficiently. Again I would highly praise the standard of service from staff here and would definitely come back to the this hotel again.

Room Tip: King Guest Rooms were very comfy and had all the amenities you would require. If you want a better v...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RockyBeau
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ciarán

Write a ReviewReviews (2,997)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ac few tweaks would make a huge difference to the guest experience. Noise from the street below is a bit of an issue and for the price, room service could be a tad quicker (45 minutes for fresh milk to be delivered to replace the sour milk there when we arrived)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Paulthedoorman

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. All guest feedback is much appreciated and I your points regarding milk being delivered to your room.

We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here overnight after Belsonic as it ended after the time of the last train home and I needed a good nights sleep before a 9 hour shift at work the next day. Little did I know that I would be kept awake half the night by the Exeter Chiefs Rugby Squad who would later celebrate their (friendly) victory over Ulster by running riot through the hotel in a loud, inconsiderate, obnoxious and arrogant manner. The quality of sleep achieved was terrible and as a result I won't stay here again. The staff couldn't have been more apologetic and nice about it and offered free beverages which was nice however it didn't even come close to compensating for the inconvenience caused. In hindsight it would have been better cheaper for my partner and myself to get a taxi home and spend the night in our own bed. For the amount of money I paid for the room it was really unacceptable and feel that a discount of some sort could have been applied. The main purpose of a hotel is after all to get a good nights sleep and I'm lucky if I got 2 hours since I struggled to return to sleep after the half hour long ruckus outside my door and rugby players hammering on walls and doors at 3.18am. It was a shame as the room and facilities were quite good but it's all for nothing if the hotel is unable to serve it's intended purpose which is to give guests a great nights sleep. Hilton Belfast - PLEASE ban that Rugby squad from your establishment... they have cost (for we definitely won't be back) and are costing you business!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding tExeter Chiefs Rugby Squad, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here for one night, Thursday 21st August for a local music event. We took an early flight to Belfast so were more than aware that arriving at 9am, our room wouldn't be ready. However, our bags were kindly taken, and Siobhan on reception arranged it so we would be called if our room was ready prior to the standard check in time. She was exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. Payment was taken, all details finalised so when we returned we could ask for our room key and go straight to our room. Exceptionally helpful.

We ventured out to get breakfast and soon realised just how great the location was. Within five minutes, we were at the Victoria shopping centre. I'd say another 5 from here put's you in the heart of the city centre, so whether it be sight seeing or shopping, you can't go wrong. It's also right by the Waterfront venue, and the H&W shipyard.

As promised, we had a call when our room was ready and headed back to freshen up. The room was beautiful. Spacious, clean, comfy and had tea/coffee facilities, iron/board, a lovely bathroom with a good range of complimentary goods and minibar. Very happy indeed.

We sampled the in room dining from the late night menu, and the food was amazing. Standard hotel prices for room service, so a little steep in price, but to be expected. Cables bar offers a great range of drinks and serves Costa coffee. We had drinks in here a couple of times, and again, service great.

On our last day, we used the quick checkout service, and again, our bags were taken for us so we could go and enjoy our day before returning home. No hassle and so simple.

All in all, an excellent property, with friendly staff, great food, a lovely bar and amazing room. Very happy.

3  Thank Paul R

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next return.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed in this hotel many times over the last five years and one thing it certainly is is consistent. However it wasn't until my most recent visit that I realised that I had never written a review for the hotel so it's time to make amends.

The hotel is well located in the city, footsteps from the Waterfront Hall and Central Station and just a couple of minutes from Victoria Square and from there into the city centre.

There is a multi-story carpark with direct access to the hotel. Hotel guests can avail of a discounted rate of £18 per 24 hours. It isn't that cheap but in the city centre there aren't too many public car parks available.

Check in was as swift and friendly as ever with the lady enquiring if we were down for anything special and if there was anything they could do for us.

The rooms themselves are modern and spacious and spotlessly clean. In all the times I've stayed here I have never had a complaint with them. The bed is large and comfortable and the black out blinds do their job perfectly.

One issue that I did have with this most recent stay is that the bar appears to have radically increased their prices. From memory a glass of rose wine was approximately £6 or £7 but when I got a glass of rose for my wife I was shocked to find that it was £9.75 for a 250ml glass. I always expect to pay a bit extra in a hotel bar but this is way out of line with what is charged in any bar in the area. The price of a pint of Stella was £4.20 which again is steep but not as extortionate as the wine.

Breakfast the next morning was priced at £12.95 each which is pretty standard for Hilton hotels. There is a massive range of foods available and all tasted pretty good. My wife did request a poached egg from the kitchen and this did take about 15 minutes to come which shouldn't have been the case as by that time she had finished the rest of her breakfast.

Overall though it was another successful stay, the hotel itself certainly isn't 5* but a strong 4*.

1  Thank ewerk1

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read your positive remarks, and I shall certainly share them with the relevant departments.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lovely hotel , very friendly staff . Very convenient to waterfront , odyssey and shopping (walking distance) breakfast had great selection . Only negative is the bath/ shower , plug would stay in and shower not great

Room Tip: Good location , concert in waterfront the night we stayed so a bit loud but over at eleven
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate2864

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the bath area, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have to say that paying £130 for a 5 star hotel room (no breakfast) for one night is quite a lot! With that you would probably expect a decent service. When we arrived, the staff weren't bad (nothing noticeably good. have no issues here and no criticisms here). Got to our room and we were greeted by a huge kingsize bed :) 2 twins pushed together but it seems comfy and was bigger than a double so we were happy. Room seemed nice and i will be completely fair in this review - there were some awesome things in the room. Air con/thermostat was a very nice touch. Secondly the black out curtains actually do their job well! The room and bathroom was nice - even had a phone in the bathroom! We were attending the Imagine Dragons concert. My girlfriend had an early start the next day so we headed back after the gig (awesome gig btw) :) we were in a good mood and settled down for the night around 12:30am. At 3:45am, we were both woken up by the shouts of An English Accent. At first we both thought there was someone outside the hotel shouting. We remember that we were looking on to the lagan and back area of the hotel, where staff can only be. It appeared closer and I realised it was in the hotel. A few mins past and it seemed to quiet down, only to have 2 loud English voices. At first, i thought there was going to be a fight. Then I heard banging of a door (someone banging on the outside of one of the Hotel Doors. Before entering our room, we noticed a rugby team in the lobby. My girlfriend researched who they were and discovered it was the Exeter Chiefs. They had beaten Ulster and were celebrating. For an upstanding, 5 star hotel, it is not professional to allow drunken hooligans to run riot at that time of night, irrespective of their size and physique! I was so exhausted i just wanted to wait until it past by and get back to sleep. It continued on periodically over a 15 period. I heard someone English firmly telling them to get into their rooms. Then started banging of the walls!!!! I eventually had enough and rang the front desk and sleepily told the night porter that i wanted it sorted as we had an early start the next day! The night porter was swift in saying he'd sort it out. In fairness to him, (I believe his name was Jonathan Taylor) he must have said or done something to sort it, as silence ensued. Managed to get back to sleep and in the morning, felt like i'd a hangover. Felt exhausted as I'd tried several times to get to sleep and it took me a while to turn over again! When we got the reception desk, we were greeted by Donna McMenamin. She was genuine and lovely. She asked we'd had a good stay to which I said awful. I explained the scenario, and she was fit to say there were 4 to 5 other noise complaints! Donna sympathised with us, and asked us if we were ever planning to return. My partner and I looked at each other, and basically said no. Donna seemed to look genuinely upset and clearly enjoys her work and happy to work for the company she works for. She gave us the manager's email address and said we could email him and even offered us a complimentary cup of tea, coffee or soft drink. In a hotel this expensive, that was a lovely gesture. As we didn't have time, we had to go but thanked her for the gesture. The other girl on the reception (I believe was Siobhan) was also very nice and made good conversation. As a rule, I will never be returning to this hotel. I found it overpriced for the over all service we got (if you pay that much money, you'd expect to have a good night's sleep), but do want to make a special comment on how well the staff members Donna McMenamin, Jonathan Taylor and Siobhan (didn't get her surname) all were with us. If there was any hope of us returning, it'd be by their fantastic customer service skills!

Room Tip: Be wary - there could be loud rugby teams/drunken bums come in to the hotel and wake you up - it is...
1  Thank Cormac74

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very concerned to see the low overall rating that you have provided Hilton Belfast, and as such I would like to discuss your experience in further detail.

Please do contact me at ciaran.mcmanus@hilton.com, and we can work together towards a positive outcome.