“OK, but nothing special”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The Hilton Belfast has a very good location. It's easy to walk from the hotel to many Belfast tourist location, restaurants, and pubs. Rooms were clean, but noisier than I had anticipated. Some of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Some were obviously not meant for the positions they held. The concierge staff could be depended upon to be friendly and efficient. This was not always true with the front desk staff, although some of them were also helpful and efficient. When I had an issues with the room thermostat showing a fault that rendered it unusable, it took two trips to the front desk with a written description of the problem before anyone was called to repair the problem. Breakfast was pricey, as was the in-room wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 1031dg
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us. I am particularly disappointed to read that the hotel lacked friendliness. I must admit that friendliness is one of the main areas which we are complimented on, never-the-less, I am sorry that on this occasion you felt otherwise. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - ciaran.mcmanus@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Belfast

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I booked online with no problems, arrived and was greeted by an Australian - Nicole, she was very friendly, chatty and helpful.
She allowed me to check in early and got me a room with a good view.
After check in concierge helped me to go on a tour through Belfast which he organised for me immediately.
Breakfast in the restaurant was great, good selection and helpful friendly staff

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank JillNewcastle_NSW
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you during your stay.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

stayed here as we were attending the Black Sabbath Gig in the Odyssey.

very nice hotel, only a short walk from the city centre and from the Odyssey Arena.

the staff were very helpful, we didn't find them particularly helpful in the bar however.

the room was a good decent size, and had a good view over Harland and wolf, the train station and a river

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nycon

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you and your family in order for you to have a memorable stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Great location for a city break in Belfast. Rooms lovely and spacious and very clean, everything you would need is there and the toiletries are lovely. We where in room 905 and the view over the river was lovely we even saw the Steam train coming in to the station, perfect vantage point!
It was very warm and the air con was a great help. Breakfast in the morning was terrific but I missed my mushrooms! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, we'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: All of them are beautiful, but great views from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ValerieGamble

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next return.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

this hotel is in a good position for people arriving by train from the airport but was spoilt by the dirty carpet and broken bathroom tile the sealant round the bath had mould growing in it. The breakfast was a buffet and the food was not very appetising hard cold sausage and bacon soggy scrambled egg not worth the £17+ price

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding breakfast, and I shall certainly share your comments with our Head Chef.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Hotel is in very good location for the center and shopping food was good very nice and fresh hotel room was very comfortable with good wifi true out the staff where very help full all true the hotel it dose not have lesure center

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mark w

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed last February and while the hotel was ideally located and rooms were top class some things let the hotel down. When I arrived I had left my car outside the front door as I was just dropping my bags before check in, when I went to the reception I was told by the girl that they had reported it and it would be towed away if I didn't move it immediately. The car park charge is far too expensive whilst they claim it is a discounted rate. The wifi is not free in the rooms which is only a cop out. I can't recommend the wait staff service highly enough but unfortunately I will be looking elsewhere on Belfast for further stays because of the extra add ons

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent return stay at the hotel, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.

I appreciate your constructive feedback, and I shall certainly share your comments, both positive and negative with the relevant departments.