“Excellent friendly service and well located”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent friendly service and well located”
Reviewed 19 February 2009

Had a very enjoyable 2 night break in the Hilton last weekend. Service was excellent and staff extremely friendly. Bedroom was spotless and very roomy with good facilities. Breakfast was very good. I am coeliac (I have a wheat & gluten intolerence) and the breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hotel - staff understood my condition and the chef freshly prepared my breakfast each morning. The hotel is well located close to shops and restaurants.

On the down side the trains passing outside can be noisy but can't be heard when the windows are closed. Parking is available in the adjoining car park but you pay extra - £18 for 24 hrs when we were there.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Glutenfreeguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Not sure if I agree totally with this hotel being a 4 star. The rceeption area is very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful but the room was a little dated and the bathroom was not up to scratch either.

We did get a very good rate from the Hilton website during their January sale so can't grumble too much but can see why other people have left negative reviews.

Therew as plenty of choice for breakfast, the hotel is in a quiet part of the city but very near all the shops and the centre of town. The bus from the city airport drops you off just near it but be warned you can't get it back from that bus stop.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Dirty bathroom
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fatboyonadiet
Dublin
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I would higly reccommend this hotel to anyone! the staff went out of theri way to make us feel welcome, the food was lovely, the room was great, very clean, modern and well stocked with everything you might need. The location is also excellent, only 5 minutes walk to Vistoria Square Shopping Centre and all the restaurants/pubs. Only small complaint: There is no hotel car park, and the car park beside it is very expensive even with hotel discount so be warned.

• Liked — Very friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Expensive Parking
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Tobba
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I stayed at the Hilton in January 2009. The hotel was clean and modern. The room was well appointed with views over the river. The staff were extremely helpful and the food was great.

I can't understand the negative reviews posted here. I would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Steely707
San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 January 2009

We spent 2 nights here arriving on New Year's Day. We contacted the hotel directly and negotiated a great rate for 2 interconnecting rooms for us and our 3 yr old girl. The check-in staff were pleasant enough, though we thought the lobby and entrance weren't exactly 5-star standard. Because of a series of blunders by Hilton (room wasn't ready, then new rooms weren't inter-connecting), we were finally upgraded to the top floor which included access to the executive lounge which was really nice. The room was a good size with nice river views and the beds were comfortable, but the carpets were worn and the air-con caused all of us to have stuffy noses! We enjoyed the buffet breakfast with the friendly staff but they don't tend to top up the food enough, so you are sometimes waiting. All in all, we enjoyed the stay as the staff were friendly and welcoming but we didn't feel we were staying ina 5-star hotel. Good value only if you get a good deal.

• Liked — Location and friendly staff
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank miya'smum
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Very good hotel - rooms are great and very comfortable. This hotel is central to the city centre - just a 5 min walk. It is also very convenient if you are going to an event in the Odyssey. A taxi is about £3.50 to/from the Odyssey. Breakfast was the only downside to this hotel - quite poor service and quality. Next time I will go down the street and get a £3.95 Irish breakfast in one of the many cafes!

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank abrolly
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 January 2009

I stayed at The Hilton recently with my parents as we were attending a concert in The Odyssey. For a 5 star hotel I wasn't impressed at all. We had originally only booked one night but needed to stay another and rather than move hotels, we stayed on a second night. The first night we stayed in the standard rooms which were reasonable. However, while the Hilton's own website states that you should 'choose this contemporary 28m²/301sq.ft room for city, river or mountain views', my parent's room looked over a horrible car park. My air-conditioning wasn't working initially and I needed to call down to get it turned on. When I retured to my room after dinner that evening, it was off again, and this time it took two calls to get it back on. Neither of our rooms had the promised bathrobes either.

The second night we had to upgrade to the executive rooms as they had nothing else available. This time we both had a view but my parents room had a half bottle of wine and some chocolates laid out for them, while mine had none?? On the following morning, I called down to reception for help to locate the hairdryer. I was initially told the wrong location of it and when I called again to say it wasn't there, I was told someone would be up with one straight away. In the meantime, my mother located it (in a very hidden drawer in the desk) but out of curiosity I didn't cancel the arrival of the new one. True enough, no one ever arrived anyway.

The main reception area was incredibly cold any time we passed through it and the bar very basic and almost unpleasant. While we accepted that we stayed on one of the busiest nights of the year with Christmas parties etc, we didn't expect to have to put up with loud pumping music in the bar both nights when thats not where the parties were being held.
Breakfasts were reasonable - a very good selection of food but the hot food wasn't great. The staff at breakfast were very friendly however.

Finally, as we were checking out, my mother was amazed to hear one of the receptionists and the concierge having a blazing row just beside her - needless to say, I won't be back to this or any Hilton Hotel if posssible.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family