“A very pleasant lunch”

and 1 more site!
Maryville House
Ranked #7 of 52 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Enjoyed a lovely lunch of chicken caesar salad, a thick vanilla milkshake, (just the way we like them...... it is unusual to find a decent milkshake in the UK), and a generous selection of gluten free cakes. It is always appreciated when it is this easy on my diet. A very pleasant lunch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bilbey

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently visited Maryville Tea Rooms with my girl friends for a hen party and the service was excellent.
Our reserved area was beautifully arranged and the waitresses were very accommodating. We were given our drinks very promptly and though it was about a further 30 minutes before our sandwiches and tray bakes arrived we were offered top ups for our drinks and fresh teas and coffees when the food arrived. It was a very busy Saturday in the tea rooms and yet we were made to feel very important with the high level of customer service we received.

I would highly recommend Maryville for those special occasions. A beautiful environment and great customer service. The finishing touches around the house do not go unnoticed either! So many beautiful things the bride to be wanted for her wedding reception! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The whole experience of Maryville House Tea Rooms was incredibly disappointing - especially as such a bright picture had been painted to us but we found the service incredibly poor, the food was unseasoned and whilst I readily acknowledge that, after my husband complained they did not charge for the food it was still very disappointing and sad that obviously ingredients of a very high standard had been used but badly cooked and poorly prepared. The Roasted Pepper soup was like eating raw peppers with smoked paprika added. The Egg Mayonnaise sandwich was completely without seasoning and my husband, who is a Tea Connoisseur was served English Breakfast Tea instead of the Turkish Apple Tea he ordered. The waitress brought the English Breakfast tea to the table and my husband pointed out that it was the Turkish Apple tea he ordered and she went away and promptly came back with the same tea and said it was Turkish Apple Tea when it was no such thing! Very poor!

On speaking to the Owner, my husband felt that her attitude was that really, "when we are short staffed you have to take whatever you get because we cant do any better". This is appalling! It is your responsibility to make sure the customer gets what they pay for regardless of your problems with staffing.

Further, I booked a room for one night with Marywille House in their so called "Boutique Bed and Breakfast" and as I am disabled I was happy to have a room on the first floor but when I booked in the owner started to show me to a room on the second floor and for me to actually have to do 2 flights of stairs is not an option but this was not even hinted at when I booked my room.

You said you would refund the £30 already paid for the room and I will look for that in my account in the next few days.

I was in Belfast for a Civic Reception and a Service in the Cathedral last evening. Whilst I was able to attend the Civic reception I had, in fact, to take the bus back to Omagh from Belfast and this meant that I was in the embarrassing position of not being able to attend the Service in the Cathedral. I was here to promote a book that I have co-written and I really needed to be at the Cathedral for that service as our book was to be on sale there. It was just a total disaster.

Maryville House needs to take a long hard look at themselves and stop claiming to be something they are NOT!

We would not recommend either the Tea Room or the Bed and Breakfast.

One positive note - the refund for my room was processed very quickly and in my bank account within three days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank weehinny051055
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I took a friend to the tea rooms for breakfast as she was considering booking a room for 'Afternoon Tea' for her parent's 'Golden Anniversary'.

We ordered the full breakfast and two coffees. the coffees arrived but the waitress said it would be at least 30 - 60 mins before our breakfasts would arrive. We asked why and she said the chef was at a meeting and she didn't know how long it would last.

I asked her to ask the chef when she would complete her meeting and she did. The chef and the two people she was having a meeting with were at in the same room as us. The Chef told the waitress 'Give them another coffee and tell them they have to wait'.

WE left and went to Swantons further down the Lisburn Road where we were treated with dignity.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank helers_8
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at this quality B and B. It is not cheap but it is good value, compact but very nice rooms, excellent breakfast menu to choose from and a nice location. There is a large guest lounge area, they provide tea/coffee making facilities as well as cakes and cordial in the hallway outside the rooms. Staff are very friendly and professional and rooms have everything you need. There is a bus that passes the front door and goes to the city centre. We would happily return.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I could not have had better service from the staff at this hotel. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable! There was a wonderful array of cookies, scones, and assorted goodies on the sideboard on the 2nd floor. I could help myself to tea or coffee any time and when I dragged myself in late at night, decafe and snacks. The room was cozy, the TV worked, and lots of hot water for my morning shower. The manager knew I had to check out at 5:30 am and offered to pack some food for my bus ride back to Dublin. Now that's customer service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lmarie911
MaryvilleHouse, Owner at Maryville House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for all your kind words and thought with your review!
It really is what makes it all worthwhile for us!
Such a boost to the morale of all the staff!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I visited MaryVille house with my grandmother last week when the weather was good. We had booked an afternoon tea and were lucky to get one with how busy they can be on a Saturday! We came through the front door and we were instantly greeted by a lovely smiling face that brought us to our table that was set up with beautiful mis-matched crockery. We had never been for afternoon tea before but the waitresses were very kind and explained how it all worked. We were offered a wide selection of teas and sandwiches and after settling our teas were brought right away. We had a little wait for our sandwiches and tray bakes but this was worth it because they were all so fresh and delightful. There were an abundance of tray bakes and we couldn't possibly finish them but we were able to bring them home with us! We would defiantly recommend maryville house for a lovely warm experience and we will be returning again soon to try more of your delicious tray bakes!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Buttercup21212

We strive to deliver the best service we can offer, in all the aspect of the business and it is therefore so rewarding to hear when we get it right!
Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback with a lot of other potential customers!
It really matters to us, a lot!
Thanks ever so much! :)