“Lovely food & Surroundings” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maryville House

and 1 more site!
Maryville House
Ranked #8 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
“Lovely food & Surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I have visited Maryville many times in the last two years. Today was a great experience- the staff were very attentive, the food was good and the atmosphere, buzzing. The menu is simple, yet enticing, with options such as Salade Nicoise, quiche, etc. The teas are fantastic- we tried the Spearmint and the White tea. Nice coffees also. Pretty Edwardian setting.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lynsey H
Dear Guest.

Thank you for such kind words!
It is amazing how much a good review will give everyone here in Maryville a spurt of happy feelings!

Thank you so much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Travelling with 3 young boys this is the first time that we veered off the the "family room at hotel with a swimming pool" road. And we were not disappointed. The boys loved their room (said it was 'the comfiest bed' ever) and the space. My wife was brought back to a bygone era with the china cups, the bathroom taps, the stained glass windows, and the old tiled floors. The breakfast was unique and very personal, and the afternoon tea was a revelation. Only slight criticism, is that the showers could be more powerful and some of the bathroom fittings made fit in the Darjeeling room.The service was fantastic and a special mention to Nicole who went way above and beyond the call of duty, to provide what can only be described as a fantastic customer experience. Nothing was ever too much trouble and her Maryville bambacino in particular went down well with our boys. Overall, a unique and very personable experience with great food and delightful furnishings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Brendan D
Dear Brendan.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us wonderful feedback!
We get so many customers who come to us based on other guests reviews!
It means the world to us and our business!

Thanks again and Kind regards !
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

All the tea you can drink, FREE CAKE on the landing, and lovely décor.
Great friendly staff, very helpful and considerate. Willing to go out of their way to help if you're arriving or leaving at an odd time to make sure you don't miss out.
Very comfortable rooms and a great range of breakfast choices, even for a vegetarian like me.
A truly boutique hotel with a great menu for afternoon tea or lunches.
I need an excuse to come back now.
About 30 mins max from the International airport and a short bus ride into the city centre. Set on a street with lots of great coffee shops, delis, and a traditional barbers. And ice cream parlors - what is it with Belfast and Ice Cream?

Room Tip: Stayed in 2 different rooms as I was back and forth over 3 weeks, and both were great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JoeSTWoL
Dear Joe.

Thank you so much for a brilliant review!
It is so nice to read a review which is for the time when I wasn't even there!
The staff who work here truly care about everyone's experience!
Glad you enjoyed the Lisburn road shopping.
What's wrong with ice cream?
Yum!

Thanks again! Hope you find that excuse to come back!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Boutique hotel that also has a tea room open to the public.
Rooms are very comfortable with en suites and Victorian decor. Clean with lots of fluffy towels. Apparently there is normally a full breakfast, however, as we stayed over a Bank Holiday weekend when the Hotel was technically closed, our breakfast was left for us and was basically just cereals with some nice fresh fruit and young hut. We were left some great cake to feast on too.
Very pleasant if lonely overnight stay.

Room Tip: A all rooms are named after 'teas'. Earl Gray, Lapsung, Darjeeling etc our room on the secon...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank antoniamariapaola
Rutherglen, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Enjoyed a lovely lunch of chicken caesar salad, a thick vanilla milkshake, (just the way we like them...... it is unusual to find a decent milkshake in the UK), and a generous selection of gluten free cakes. It is always appreciated when it is this easy on my diet. A very pleasant lunch.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bilbey
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently visited Maryville Tea Rooms with my girl friends for a hen party and the service was excellent.
Our reserved area was beautifully arranged and the waitresses were very accommodating. We were given our drinks very promptly and though it was about a further 30 minutes before our sandwiches and tray bakes arrived we were offered top ups for our drinks and fresh teas and coffees when the food arrived. It was a very busy Saturday in the tea rooms and yet we were made to feel very important with the high level of customer service we received.

I would highly recommend Maryville for those special occasions. A beautiful environment and great customer service. The finishing touches around the house do not go unnoticed either! So many beautiful things the bride to be wanted for her wedding reception! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah C
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The whole experience of Maryville House Tea Rooms was incredibly disappointing - especially as such a bright picture had been painted to us but we found the service incredibly poor, the food was unseasoned and whilst I readily acknowledge that, after my husband complained they did not charge for the food it was still very disappointing and sad that obviously ingredients of a very high standard had been used but badly cooked and poorly prepared. The Roasted Pepper soup was like eating raw peppers with smoked paprika added. The Egg Mayonnaise sandwich was completely without seasoning and my husband, who is a Tea Connoisseur was served English Breakfast Tea instead of the Turkish Apple Tea he ordered. The waitress brought the English Breakfast tea to the table and my husband pointed out that it was the Turkish Apple tea he ordered and she went away and promptly came back with the same tea and said it was Turkish Apple Tea when it was no such thing! Very poor!

On speaking to the Owner, my husband felt that her attitude was that really, "when we are short staffed you have to take whatever you get because we cant do any better". This is appalling! It is your responsibility to make sure the customer gets what they pay for regardless of your problems with staffing.

Further, I booked a room for one night with Marywille House in their so called "Boutique Bed and Breakfast" and as I am disabled I was happy to have a room on the first floor but when I booked in the owner started to show me to a room on the second floor and for me to actually have to do 2 flights of stairs is not an option but this was not even hinted at when I booked my room.

You said you would refund the £30 already paid for the room and I will look for that in my account in the next few days.

I was in Belfast for a Civic Reception and a Service in the Cathedral last evening. Whilst I was able to attend the Civic reception I had, in fact, to take the bus back to Omagh from Belfast and this meant that I was in the embarrassing position of not being able to attend the Service in the Cathedral. I was here to promote a book that I have co-written and I really needed to be at the Cathedral for that service as our book was to be on sale there. It was just a total disaster.

Maryville House needs to take a long hard look at themselves and stop claiming to be something they are NOT!

We would not recommend either the Tea Room or the Bed and Breakfast.

One positive note - the refund for my room was processed very quickly and in my bank account within three days.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business