“What a surprise!”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Had always thought the Europa Hotel was quite old and dated....I was SO wrong! Really was one of the best hotel stays I've had in a while. Lovely, welcoming atmosphere in the lobby. Staff very helpful and friendly and room was fantastic! We were lucky to get a free upgrade to an executive room, HUGE, comfortable bed and HUGE bathroom. The shower was the best ever, choice between a rain shower or power shower and the heated mirror was great surprise. Centrally located to fantastic choice of bars and restaurants, all within steps of the hotel entrance. The Lobby Bar, on the ground floor of the hotel, had entertainment and the Piano Bar, on the 2nd floor, also had light music. Parking is about 2 mins walk from the hotel at McCauslands Car Park. You can park the car yourself or drive up to the entrance of the hotel and they will park it for you. Breakfast was delicious, service and choice were very very good. It really was a great stay and I'm just sorry it wasn't for longer!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angela3107
Write a ReviewReviews (4,540)

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I have stayed in hotels in New York, Miami, Paris, London, Munich, Milan, Amsterdam, Toronto, Zurich, Beijing, Madrid and Rome but none of them compare to the Europa Hotel, Belfast. And the hotel caters for all price ranges so you can get away with a superb low cost deal or really treat yourself to one of their more expensive Suites. However, all the bedrooms are excellent as I have stayed in a few different types over the years. What I like most about the Europa is not the fact that it is located in the heart of Belfast with so many pubs, clubs and restaurants in close proximity but the fact that the staff make you feel special and you long to return. Not too many hotels have a manager or indeed a deputy manager like James & Raymond, who just seem to be everywhere in the hotel making sure your stay is as enjoyable and as comfortable as it possibly can be. And seriously, how many hotels have you stayed in over the years and you haven’t even seen the manager let alone be on first name terms with him? You would swear the two guys owned the place but of course we all know Mr Hastings is the owner. Nothing is too much for the staff from the moment you are warmly greeted by the concierge to the porter to the receptionist to the bar & restaurant staff and right down to the staff who make sure your room is in pristine condition regardless of your budget. Pay it a visit and I think you will be more than delighted with your choice. I know there are so many hotels in Belfast to choose from but trust me there is only ONE Europa Hotel. Go on give it a try, you'll enjoy the craic in Belfast and tell James & Raymond "Chalkie" said Hi!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The supporters club which im a member of - George Best Carryduff MUSC - held their 20th Anniversary dinner in the Europa hotel. I was surprised that they were able to accomodate such a large party - 395 people - and expected it to be uncomfortable, but this was definately not the case. There was plenty of room and the set up was excellent. The staff were freindly and very quick to help when required. There was always someone available to take drinks orders at the tables, rather than having to make our own way to the bar, which certainly added to comfort of the night. The dinner was fantastic, again surprising considering the large number attending. Would definately recomend the hotel for similar functions.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We spent a night in the Europa for a function. The hotel staff were extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. The food was superb, helped by the well presented and elegant surroundings. Would reccomend it to anyone. Also, its the perfect base from which to explore Belfast.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed at the hotel with my parents and I could not believe how amazing the hotel truly was. It is in the heart of Belfast city centre and within walking distance, less than 5 minutes, to be precise, of the main shopping area and very close to the bus station and railway station. The rooms are fantastic and the food is gorgeous. All of the staff, and I do mean all of them, are very nice. I really was impressed with everything the hotel had to offer and would recommend it to anyone visiting Belfast.

Paul White

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2011

From reception to 10th floor where I stayed this hotel oozed quality. The room made me feel that I was a VIP client. Hugh the concierge, the chef, Raymond the general manager all made themselves available to me and introduced me to all the relevant people in the hotel managing various areas of this business.

The top quality beds ensured I had a restful night and the ensuite was one I would love to have in my own home. A warm friendly place you just don't want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Spent Saturday evening as birthday celebration for hubby, staff at reception excellent, we were priviliged to be upgraded to executive suite - top class! Hotel buzzing, Sunday morning overflow of guests directed to Lobby Bar for buffet breakfast - big disappointment, food overcooked and cold - service very limited, shame as this was the only black mark - ending a perfect overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
carrolll, General Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Dear Alena & Steve

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience at the Europa Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism regarding your experience. In my capacity as General Manager of the Europa Hotel, I, as do my colleagues value your feedback, be it positive or negative. It is only through such feedback that we may rectify any shortcomings and prevent their reoccurrence.

I am dissapointed to read that you did not find our level of service to be excellent. As part of the Hastings Hotels Group we pride ourselves in our committment to delivering excellent customer service.

As you know we are a City Centre Hotel in a very central location with bars and pubs directly in the vicinity and I apologise if this inconvienienced yourself.

Thank you for bringing the internet issue to our attntion, I have logged this with our internet provider to safeguard future incidents.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Europa Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely