“Fab location, classic style, helpful staff”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Oxford
“Fab location, classic style, helpful staff”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed here for a conference in a single room (double bed). I was initially given a room on the smoking floor as i checked in late, I had not been asked if i wanted a smoking or non smoking room. I did get moved on the second night but this really did disappoint me as there was a smell in the room and on the pillows (air freshner was offered but i find that even worse!). overall the staff were helpful and friendly and i ate in the resturant on my own one night and staff were friendly. The conference was well catered and the hotel really did a good job. comfyy bed and well stocked buffet breakfast with attentive staff.

Room Tip: book a non-smoking room early if checking in late
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Fantastic hotel with warm professional hospitality which encourages us to return twice per year. All staff from bar to restaurant to reception, everyone are extremely courteous and welcoming. The quality and standard of our room is second to none. Would not think twice about recomending this hotel to anyone.
Tricia Rhonda, Lesley. Ayrshire

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Trim, Ireland
Reviewed 21 June 2011

was here for 4 days for a conference,where we were meeted and greeted by friendly attentive staff of the reception.check in was quick despite 200 of us arriving,.hotel looked busy but efficient.the lobby was impressive.Rooms were near on perfect,nice design and hugh super duper bed fit for a king,literally would loose your partner in it.very clean and nice 32 inch samsung lcd tv on the wall with half marble and wood desk and ipod docking station doubled up as a radio.bathroom was very nice with a bath and shower seperate(walk in)with 2 shower head options.water was hot all the time.
Nice to have 2 car parks outside and a proper car parkgarage with security..parking is not free though even for hotel residents..
We have only one or two issue's first the corridor was freezing dont know why..?
we wait for the lift ages even the express elevator..
ony 1 bath mat not 2 as required for both bath and shower
only 1 shampoo and shower gel etc per room
hairdryer has no on button per say you must keep your finger on it very annoyijng for my girlfriend when she washed her hair and had it in her hand for 30mins
Also bar prices at least in function were a bit pricey.
Kettle needs descaling at least in our room

Breakfast was perfect try the porridge,but in the bar its not, selection was poor and cold.this was because it acted as an overflow cause the rest was full.
All in all mighty impressed would defo go back again.it certainly has changed for the bp theetter.keep up the good work

Room Tip: go for room 837 if your a couple
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Arriving in Belfast was already pretty amazing but to be staying in the Europa was hotel was an even better choice. Our room, though not huge, was clean, modern and had a super comfy bed. The bathrooms had all been recently renovated and were beautiful.

Staff were pleasant - I'd stay there again!
The only ridiculous part is - no wi-fi.

p.s. This stop was amongst a slew of stops across the Republic and Northern Ireland - just my husband and I.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
carrolll, General Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Dear Patricia

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the Europa Hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding the Europa Hotel and I was delighted to learn that you and your husband had such an enjoyable stay.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments; I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Europa Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We always stay at this hotel when in Belfast. It's in a perfect location for Belfast city centre, Odyssey arena short walk away, about 15 mins. Spotless clean rooms. comfortable beds. Worth shopping around for the best deal on this hotel... you can save 20euros pp and get breakfast included depending on which website has an offer on. Reception staff helpful, our safe in our room didn't work, so reception had no problem keeping our valuables in their own safe. drinks in the hotel bar a bit on the expensive side, suppose you get that with city hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Dear James H Bristol,

Thank you for your fantastic comments on our hotel. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found both the location and the hotel to be excellent. There are special packages for our rooms available this year which even include a drink to celebrate our 40th year when quoting 40winks, subject to availability. Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you back in the Europa again.

Yours Sincerely

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here for just the one night as we were going to a concert in the Odyssey. Overall we had no complaints about the hotel itself, the room was clean and comfortable and parking is available around the corner but you have to pay for it. The breakfast was fine. The only issue was with the reception staff who were not the most friendly and a bit unhelpful. If I was visiting Belfast again I would probably stay in a different hotel.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Savannah08,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. What disappoints me, is that we were not able to make enough of an impression to make you want to return. We pride ourselves on delivering the finest in Irish Hospitality and I am sorry that this was not conveyed or we did not come across as such on your visit.
I am disheartened to hear of your experience of our reception staff. This is certainly not the level of service that we aim to provide and I myself will be monitoring the situation very closely. This is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. We are here to welcome you, advise you , help you in any way we possibly can. I hope you will consider on your next visit to Belfast giving us another go and an opportunity to show you what we are truly capable of.

Yours Sincerely,
N. Ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed at the Europa last night; booked a single room as part of a summer deal. Check in was quite dry as gentleman checking me in was quite dur. It was as though a robot was behind the counter. Does it really take that much to say 'Welcome to the Europa etc etc'. No smiles... zip! The room I was given resembled a broom cupboard albeit a very chic and modern broom cupboard. I was really looking forward to having a soak in the bath but alas no bath only shower (even though the shower was a rain shower and amazing) but seemed to fill up the shower tray really quickly so that you felt that you were have a shower against the clock or else the bathroom would flood. Bed was very comfortable and lovely flatscreen on the wall. Tea and coffee making facilities with yummy biscuits and flash china mugs. No room service menu or guide to hotel anywhere in the room; something I like to browse through. The safe was also a bit complicated to use. I also seemed to be on the Americans floor and they were noisy but this was not the hotel's fault. Breakfast was fine however I like a few cups of coffee to get me going. Got one cup which went cold and then that was it; just back from holiday where they leave you a pot to yourself. Check out was a little more positive and friendlier. Overall just ok but was glad to get home as I know I couldnt have spent another night in claustrophiaville! Perhaps my expectations were too high; I was expecting a double sized room but with one person in it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Dear Stuartyboy,

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that we may avoid such instances in the future.
We realise that the Front Office is the key to any experience of any hotel as it sets the tone and is essentially the face of the hotel. I am greatly disappointed to hear of the manner in which you were welcomed into the hotel- most certainly not acceptable by any standards and most certainly not by ours. The Front Office Manager has dealt with the receptionist in question and assures me that this will not happen again.
It reads as though you booked a classic room as all our other bathrooms have a shower and bath facility. This is our lowest room grade but is equipped with pillow top queen size double bed, Egyptian cotton sheets, rain shower, i-pod dock and all the amenities of a 4 star property apart from those mentioned above. The next available room type is much more spacious, and has a bath & shower.
I have spoken with the maintenance Manager to ensure that the drains are checked to ensure the flow of the water. I have also addressed the relevant issues with the Housekeeping Department regarding the room service directory as all rooms should have this as standard and also the safe instructions.
Thank you for all of your feedback both positive and negative. Hope you will choose to stay with us again. Take the upgrade and you will not be disappointed.

Yours Sincerely,