“Wonderful”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and stayed 1 night and it was excellent. The location was great, the staff very helpful and friendly. The rooms and hotel was lovely and clean. The breakfast was second to none. I was very pleased with my stay and I hope to return very soon. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2011

After a 3 night stay, which turned out to be more of an endurance test, I can safely say that I have not encountered such poor manners as those displayed by the hotel's receptionists, particularly the woman on late night reception . Rude, aggressive and inflexible are words which spring to mind.
A dodgy elevator; an unexplained fire alarm that didn't seem to register with, never mind prompt any staff to react (despite hotel being bombed several times!!!!!) ; slow, grumpy waiting staff at breakfast... the list goes on.
All that and personnel aside, the hotel was clean and tidy enough. The so-called "suite" where I stayed is by far the most small and old-fashioned I have stayed in but satisfactory. The best bit was an older English man who seemed to work in the upstairs bar. His open, friendliness seemed most out of place in the Europa.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Rosie1972
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear Rosie1972,

Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very sorry to hear of the service our Reception Staff provided you upon arrival to the Hotel. This is not acceptable and I have brought these issues up with our Team and Reception Management and we will be monitoring their service levels very closely. I have also took on the other issues you have raised during your stay at the Europa. I appreciate the positive comments you provided and hope this did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa. We would love to have you return to the Europa and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards .
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I think the only reason this hotel made it into Rick Steve's book is that Clinton stayed here once. This place was expensive, and they nickle and dimed you to death. Really, who charges for wireless anymore? The overnight parking fee was outrageous. I even got bit by something in my room one night and I spent the rest of the trip worrying that I picked up bed bugs from there. Plenty of alternatives within a stone's throw.....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Abbey012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My wife and I recently decided to return to Belfast and the Europa Hotel for a break. From the moment we stepped into the Europa the experence began. The reception staff were so cheerful and helpful. We were upgraded to a super room. We then needed the services of the conceige, who was just a real help and with Belfast humour.... Which was a hoot.

The next day was breakfast.... Wow, everything, (I mean everything) even Bushmills on Porrage or Guinness Wheat bread, which was fantastic.

We had drinks in the Piano Bar with family where the pianist was just out of this world. Great atmosphere.

We had 4 nights of bliss. Obviously the General Manager - James McGinn runs a happy and well organised Hotel because it shows. We may infact be back with friends for the New Year, being that we raved so much about the Hotel to our friends, that they want to come to experience the Europa. I have stayed in number of hotels in Belfast, but non compares. This Hotel is centally located with lots and lots of Bars/Restaurents, and the Famous Grand Opera House is just next door..... The bus from the airport takes you right to rear of the Europa as well. So you have it all...

Special mention to Andrew McNeill front of house manager and to his reception staff and of course the conceige.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Firstly, the room was small, not worth £85 a night. We couldnt sleep on the first night as the room was like a sweat box. There was no air conditioning and we only slept the second night as we were so tired. The breakfast was £16 per person. WHAT A RIP OFF. The carpark cost us £28 for two nights. WHAT ANOTHER RIP OFF. This hotel would not get three stars in the south of Ireland or any other civilised country. I would not recomment this hotel to my worse enemy

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gcderek
Anaheim Hills, CA
Reviewed 30 July 2011

They charged 10 Euros per day for internet access...that's about $17.00 per day.
They charged 16 Euros per night for parking...that's about $27 dollars per day.
Breakfast also 16 Euros...crazy prices!
They don't have air conditioning and it was warm. We couldn't get a fan because they only had 2 fans in the whole hotel so we had to sleep with the window open, which exposed us to traffic noise and the bird chattering, which means it was not restful.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank reenieww
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Europa is a great family run hotel right in the heart of Belfast City and very close to the bus station for connection to the airport and to other venues. The decor is light, airy and modern and the atmosphere combines a sense of welcome with one of luxury, warmth of welcome and attention to detail. The art works by local artists are a particularly attractive feature of the hotel.

The rooms were clean, spacious and very well appointed and comfortable and the breakfasts are to die for!

We particularly liked the pleasant buzz about the restaurant and bars with opportunities to unwind in comfort. Care and attention are professional and unobtrusive affording a relaxed but professional atmosphere.

The worst part was having to leave but we will return!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business