“Great Hotel Belfast”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We recently visited Belfast and had the pleasure of staying at the Europa Hotel in downtown Belfast. Wonderful hotel, large comfortable room, great location and great service! Front desk and concierge staff very friendly and helpful we particularly enjoyed and appreciated the upgrade to a room that had a kingsize bed! Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear Carol T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Europa. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and within Belfast- It is a spectacular City! We would love to have stay again at the Europa and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I've stayed in The Euopa countless times over the past decade and can't speak highly enough about this hotel.
The rooms are huge compared to most comparible hotels, the prices are reasonable (although it's worth trying to haggle with their customer services team if you're a regular visitor) and the staff are professional and friendly.
It's a great location too, halfway between the trendy Botanic area and city centre shopping area (about a 5 - 7 minute walk to each).
Easily the best hotel I've stayed in during many business trips to Belfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear DundeeTravellingMan,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed your last visit and all previous visits you have had with ourselves. I passed all of your very kind comments to our staff members. We would love to have you return to the Europa and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Formerly the most bombed hotel in the world, it is now a luxurious five star hotel right next to The Grand Opera House and the Translink bus and train stations, literally two minutes walk from the centre of the city. Pricey, but if your budget stretches to pricey, a good place to visit and stay in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank aolbfs

Dear aolbfs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with ourselves and I have passed on your great comments to our staff members. We would love to have you stay again with ourselves at the Europa again and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

This is a famous Belfast hotel. Lovely decor in the lobby. Great welcome by reception and concierge. Asked if I wanted a newspaper in morning but didn't say it would be charged. Room service was a rushed delivery and a little cold, no smiles. The rooms were very big, comfy beds, no mini bar. Overall I felt like this is an aging grand hotel that could do with a bit of tender care. I didn't feel the luxurious experience that I would have expected. Still I would certainly go back as it is very nice and great location, just with slightly lower expectations.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear RedRyler,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you received a warm welcome from our reception and concierge team. I have passed on your kind comments to them. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I have taken the issue regarding room service up with our Restaurant Team and I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels very closely. I hope this issue did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa and we would love to have the chance for you to stay again with ourselves where I am sure we can improve on your last stay.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

My husband & I recently stayed at The Europa, Belfast on our first trip to Ireland. We found the room to be large, and very comfortable.The bed was wonderful , after having stayed in small B&B's. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We found it to be a great location for touring the city.
We were charged for using the internet, but seems to be the case in many hotels today.
The only negative that I had, was the street noise, however, most places we stayed in had a similar problem.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay at this luxurious hotel !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Deborah D,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff members. We are currently unable to provide Wi-Fi on a complimentary basis. Although this is certainly an area of improvement we are discussing currently. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa.

We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Had a meal here with friends last saturday night. Was ok nothing to rave about. The two men had "10 oz steaks" which I very much doubt they were and much as it was ok we all could have done with more. Big prices for small amounts of food

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear coffee1ireland,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts of your recent visit to the Europa Hotel. I apologise for the level of quality you felt you received while dining with ourselves. I have addressed these issues with our Head Chef and Restaurant Team to ensure that we provide the highest quality of food. I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels very closely. I hope this issue did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa and we would love to have you return, where I am confident we can improve on your last visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Tiny rooms, 10 pounds extortion fee to use Internet (with ridiculously complex username/PW sign-in process), cold staff. Have stayed in dozens of Irish hotels lately of all qualities - and this was the first to charge for Internet access. But great location for touring Belfast on foot.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jim4429

Dear jim4429,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I apologise you felt your room was not up to standard however the bedroom type you chose was one of our classic bedrooms which was part of the original Hotel built over 40 years ago.

Unfortunately we are currently unable to provide Wi-Fi on a complimentary basis. This is certainly an area of improvement we are discussing currently. I hope this did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa Hotel and we would love to be given the chance for you to stay again with ourselves where I am confident we can improve on your last stay.

We hope to be seeing you again in the future.