“Luxury in the heart of Belfast”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Hotel is in a brilliant location in the centre of Belfast. The room for the night was £65 which was fine but the breakfast and dinner there were very expensive. So stay here, but don't eat here! there are plenty of great restaurants nearby and a great coffee shop just next door. No swimming pool or spa

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olybeast
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear Olybeast,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with ourselves and received the full service the Hotel has to offer. I have passed on your great feedback to our staff members and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,608)

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We just returned from a two night weekend stay at the Europa. Our check in was effortless and we got upgraded to an executive suite. The room was spacious and clean and on the 7th floor had great views of the city. The hotel is located centrally although everywhere in Belfast is pretty central. We ate out in a fab new restaurant called Home on Wellington Place and highly recommend it but be sure to book in advance. (also be sure to try Nick's Warehouse in the Cathedral Quarter for excellent food and dont miss Mourne seafood for an authentic Irish seafood menu). We only had breakfast in the hotel and this was the main drawback. Breakfast at the weekend at least was hectic!. The staff were disorganised and the food slow. We had to wait for porridge, then eggs, and then had to go in search of spoons and coffee etc. The numbers at breakfast didnt seem too large although when you did try to get some food something was always missing so it was a bit disjointed to say the least. The bed and linen etc was excellent and really comfy. The shower was to die for and I wanted to stay in it for hours. The bar late a night is great to return to after a night out so you can have a final night cap with great views onto the busy street below. Overall we enjoyed our stay but please get breakfast sorted out Europa?

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade to an executive suite
1  Thank gilljonNIreland

Dear gilljonNIreland,

Thank you taking the time to post your recent review of your stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay with ourselves. My apologies that the service during your breakfast was not efficient, I have taken this up with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to ensure we continue to strive to provide the most efficient and highest quality standard. I hope this issue did not affect your overall stay. Belfast is such a fantastic City and we would love to have you return to ourselves. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on business in October 2012. The hotel is well located only a few minutes walk from the very centre of the city and with plenty of places to eat and drink nearby (the historic Crown Bar is opposite).

The hotel itself is very nice with clean comfortable rooms. A buffet breakfast is served each morning but it is way above the standard fare you tend to get at some hotels. The food is hot and tastes freshly cooked with plenty on offer, including traditional Irish fare. One of the best (if not the best) buffet breakfast I've experienced so huge credit to those staff involved.

I also left a few items in my room on checking out and the hotel were very happy to recover these for me and make sure they were returned. Top service.

Two very minor criticisms; the hotel is a well known establishment (one of the most bombed hotels in the world etc) in the middle of Belfast and it doesn't serve Guinness?! A very small point perhaps but I did find it odd.

The second; some of the staff were so miserable you would think that they were enduring slave labour. It got to a point where I avoided contact with one gentleman working behind the bar as the depression was starting to wear off on me. The vast majority of those working there were great so this isn't a major point but these (very few) individuals definitely had a negative effect.

All-in-all, a great hotel and would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear rhyd78,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with ourselves. I appreciate your feedback and we continually strive to improve our service levels. I have taken your comments on board regarding our staff and I can assure you we monitoring their service levels closely. Unfortunately we do not offer Guinness at the Europa Hotel, however we do offer Murphy’s Stout, which is very similar. Belfast is such a fantastic city and we would love to have you stay again with ourselves. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

My wife and myself were lucky enough to win a 2 night stay at the hotel with tickets to see Van Morrison in the hotel ballroom on the Saturday night.
We arrived about 10am and were told our room would be ready in half an hour, which we were delighted by.
We stayed in an executive room and it was very roomy, clean and had everything we needed and much more - including a complimentary duck, which delighted my wife.
The location was perfect - very very central and directly opposite the unique Crown Bar.
Our breakfast in the morning was gorgeous and the locally sourced sausages and bacon were beautiful. We had our breakfast on Sunday in the Piano bar as the resturant was packed, but this wasn't a problem.
The staff were very attentive and gave real personal service, especially Mary on the front desk - nothing was too much trouble.
We would definitely recommend the Europ and would stay again.

Dear 753PaulG,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your brilliant feedback to our staff members. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I traveled here on vacation and stayed at the Europa because of the history of this building as the most bombed hotel in the world. The staff were wonderful and the room was very comfortable. The bed was perfect and we slept soundly. The location cannot be beat, being across the street from several points of interest, including the Crown Bar. We did find the room smaller than expected and although the bathroom was clean and modern, we were disappointed by how small it was for what we paid. Overall we do recommend this hotel, it was a very nice stay.

Dear wanderlustfullife,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I am disappointed your room type did not live up to your expectations. The room you selected was our Classic Bedroom, which is the smallest of our room types having been part of the original Hotel which was built over 40 years ago. We do have larger bedroom types available to purchase. I have passed your great feedback on to our staff and we would love to have you return to the Hotel. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Beautiful room with comfortable king size bed, large marbled bathroom with separate shower.
Piano bar food very good but expensive. Excellent breakfast buffet with choice of fried, scrambled, placed eggs. Bacon and sausage was outstanding. Porridge with very nice added touch of Bushmill's whiskey. Concierge was friendly and helpful. All in all, an excellent, pleasant experience

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Carl T,

Thank you sharing your review on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves. I have passed your great comments on to our staff members. We would love to have you stay again ourselves at the Europa and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Was celebrating a milestone birthday with a couple of girlfriends - the staff at the Europa could not have made it more special the Front of House Manager Andrew McNeill went over and above the normal duties to make sure our stay was a memorable one. The location is perfect to all the main sights of Belfast and sitting at the piano bar looking out to the well known Crown Bar deciding where to visit couldn't have been more relaxing. The rooms are excellent decorated to a high standard and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have stayed in. Breakfast was delicious and a lovely touch that the hotel use all locally sourced products showing exactly who the supplier is and if required a splash of Bushmills Whiskey can be added to your porridge!! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Nicola G,

Thank you so much for posting such a brilliant comment on your recent visit to the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you got to experience the full service we have to offer. I have passed on your great feedback to our staff members especially Andrew. We would love to have you return to the Europa and look forward to seeing you again soon.