“Great One Night Stay”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just back from a one night stay at the Europa Hotel. We got the April Fool package which was one night stay with breakfast and a free cocktail for £40pp.

Check in was quick and friendly, and we had the cosmopolitan cocktail in the Piano Lounge which was lovely.

The rooms were clean and ample for our stay, beautiful large shower. Toiletries were provided as well as a hairdryer.

We didnt eat in the hotel but did pass a few hours in the Lobby Bar, there was a group playing and the atmosphere was great.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of the usual english breakfast, croissants, toast, fruit and cereals, cheese and ham. It was lovely.

If we got this offer again we would definately return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear dons31,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with ourselves and I have passed on your great comments to our staff members. We would love to have you stay again with ourselves at the Europa again and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,665)

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

This is now a modern and well appointed hotel with clean and spacious rooms and even suites and a penthouse on the upper floors. The help- yourself breakfast is excellent and extensive. Rooms have wifi (charged) and also the option to use Openzone (free) if you're a BT customer. Free hotel wifi in public areas. Coffee and tea in our rooms plus safe, iron, and iPod dock. No mini bar though. Downstairs, there's a business centre though staff were extremely helpful in printing for us from the front desk. (in fact the staff were without exception very helpful and eager to please) Car parking is via a 3rd party provider round the corner though there is a valet option. Bars: reasonable one on 1st floor does cocktails and light bites, plus more basic one on the ground. The hotel restaurant offers evening meals but the menu isn't very extensive. As the hotel is in the middle of town this isn't such a problem. The wonderful antique Crown pub over the road should be sampled. Our only problem with this hotel was the automatic bathroom light which blinds you if you have to visit the loo in the middle of the night - there seemed to be no way to override this.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear TiredTrotter,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Europa. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your comments in relation to the bathroom lighting and are looking into this. We would love to have return to the Europa and we look forward to having you again soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Excellent hotel in centre of Belfast. The Europa is one of the best known hotels in Belfast. It is next to Great Victoria Street bus and train stations. Breakfast is excellent buffet style.Staff were friendly throughout the hotel.Rooms are well furnished. When staying on previous visits I always upgraded to a superior room. I did the same again this time. £20 supplement. This time i was most disappointed. Instead of the lovely view of the city, all I could see was the front tower of the hotel. Reception should have stated that it was a front room but had very restricted view.They did not. It did not ruin my stay in hotel but if I'd known I would not have upgraded. Hope to return but definitely not to room 315!!!!!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are at the front of hotel and have a bath. Standard rooms have shower only. Avoid Sup...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

On Friday 5th April I and a few girlfriends stayed at the Europa Hotel. This was my first visit to the hotel and I would have no hesitation in going back to stay in a lovely welcoming hotel. The Staff were all very helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was great.
The room was a good size enough for three people and a good size bathroom. Everything was of the highest standard and the bed was extremely comfortable.
We also visited the Piano bar which had lovely comfortable winged chairs and a really relaxing atmosphere.
We had breakfast the next morning which offered a great choice and you could have your eggs freshly made from scrambled, poached or fried.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay and I can't wait to go back.
Well done Europa.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Adeline W,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you and your girlfriend had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and got given the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We had two nights in Belfast on our recent trip to Northern Ireland. The Europa Hotel was a great place to stay. The room was tiny and the bathroom was oddly configured (the showerhead was over the slanted part of the tub), but they were clean and everything worked. The staff was excellent. The breakfast and dinner were delicious. The Lobby Bar was well-stocked. The only downside was that the only free WiFi is in the lobby. It was easy walking distance to everything we wanted to see and do in Belfast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear grandduchess,

Thank you posting your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff members. Unfortunately we are currently unable to provide Wi-Fi on a complimentary basis within our bedrooms, however we have free Wi-Fi available in all public areas. I hope this issue did not affect your overall stay and we would love to have you stay with ourselves again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

If you ask anybody to mention a hotel in Belfast, I bet the Europa will be top of the list. It's on Great Victoria Street, and it's on the site of the old Great Northern Railway station. It has the title of the most bombed hotel in the world, and it can list Bill Clinton as one of it's many celebrity guests. It's a 4 star hotel and it has 272 bedrooms. Because of all bombings, it earned the nickname "the Hardboard Hotel"

I stayed here a few times and each time I felt like a celebrity. On my last visit over the weekend, it was no different, and the only complaints I would have, is that they don't have a car park, and they don't have complimentary newspapers for guests. Treat yourself, your worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear b m,

Thank you posting your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff members. We would love to have you stay with ourselves again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

In an act of spontaneity we decided to check-in to the Europa. Fantastic experience - friendly front of house staff who couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating and really liked the ambience of the place. Room was so comfortable - huuuuuge comfy bed and amazing 10th floor views of the city. We had breakfast - really helpful staff and food was absolutely delicious - no one rushed us out and we could take our time and enjoy it all. Would defintely come back again and recommend it highly as the best central hotel in Belfast by a mile

Room Tip: Good rooms seemed to be in supply and excellent quality within the room, especially liked the ipod/i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Crazyclairesse,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed your visit and received the full service the Europa Hotel has to offer. I passed all of your very kind comments to our staff members especially our Reception Team. We would love to have you return to the Europa again and look forward to seeing you again soon.