Europa Hotel - Belfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ten Square(Belfast)
  • Pool
4,751 results
All reviewspiano baropera housegreat victoria streetexecutive roomlovely hotelporridgebuffet stylethe heart of the citycentral locationtop classafternoon teareception staffnorthern irelandfrom start to finishsaturday nightcar parkbombed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have( like lots of others I guess) heard a lot about this hotel over the years but never stayed there until this visit.
I found that it lived up to its reputaton as one of the best in Belfast.
The room was of excellent specification and quality, slightly spoiled only by the heating not being on when I arrrived at 5.15pm.This was because it operates individually controlled by the entry card and it took a while to warm up.Bit of a niggle !
The reception staff were friendly and efficient.
We did not dine in during the evening but the breakfast was first rate and could not be faulted.
We used the concierge for car parking which was very efficient with our vehicle waiting for us at the designated time the following morning.
Why can't these hotels supply free internet in the bedrooms when they can in public areas?.These days I consider £10 a rip off when others provide for free.
Overall though a positve experience in a very good quality centrally located hotel with a long and interesting history.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were part of a group tour ... while the hotel indicates they have air conditioning, it is only in the public areas. It was "warm" for this part of the country when we traveled. The room window only opens at most 3 inches. When we asked reception for a fan, they said they would deliver one shortly. It never came. Additional phone calls to reception later in the day said they would get one up to us. Later when there were problems with the TV, the young man who came up to re-set it, told us that all their fans had been distributed earlier in the day. Later when the fan issue was discussed with an assistant manager, he basically rolled his eyes at my husband, didn't really say much but his body language certainly told us to "toddle on." Basically we were lied to Add to that we were on the front side of the hotel ... lack of air circulating & street noise all night long made for poor sleeping. Suggestion: Get ceiling fans!!!!!!! if the hotel isn't going to provide individual room air conditioning.

Room was nice, but bit small on sq. footabe. That really became clear when I had to use the hair dryer. Hair dryer was in the desk so when I pulled out the desk chair to sit down, the chair was backed up to the bed. That meant that if you needed to get from one side of the room to the other, then you had to roll across the bed or stop drying your hair and put the chair back in the the desk keyhole. Very poorly thought out floor plan! The bath was quite nice but there were no hand rails, so getting out of the tub onto a marble floor without something to assist to keep you from slipping on all the very nice surfaces made one a bit uncomfortable.

Elevators - always had a long, long wait. There were several tour groups there ... being August 1/2 of Europe was traveling in the UK and Ireland.

Food was average. Really nothing special at all,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Belfast is an amazing & welcoming city. Imagine staying at the best hotel in Belfast and that would be the Europa. We walked downstairs to have a dinner/concert with Van Morrison in his hometown last week. Stunning location, the staff took sweet care of us and we were in the center of town. Ok, it was the most bombed hotel in Europe at one point but it sure is stunning! Don't miss breakfast! Even after a late night pub crawl with Van's band... he was nowhere in sight..... We all made it to the morning-after delicious breakfast feast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Europa with my husband for my Birthday and was blown away with how special I was made to feel.

The room was exquisite and as for the bed... Soooooo comfortable!!

We went to the Piano bar for a pre drink before our meal. The ambience was brilliant... The pianist even played Happy Birthday for me as the staff brought me a little cake with a candle... Was a really nice touch!

We didn't stay in the hotel for dinner but came back to the bar for drinks afterwards. The bar was very busy but we were made to feel welcome and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our night.

Breakfast was gorgeous, a real highlight of the stay!

I will definitely be back...looking forward to my afternoon Christmas tea even more now!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel is well positioned with airport bus, bus and train stations and city centre on doorstep
Rooms comfortable and decent sized and no outside noise.
Did not have dinner, but breakfasts very good - particularly liked the little booklet telling about all the suppliers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo