“hard to beat”

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Derry City
“hard to beat”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 night's as I had an appointment for one of those days .As I always stay at the Europa I thought I would check out some reviews on this site I was shocked to see some bad reviews.On our last stay there was a problem with the bill and when it was sorted I was told by Andy that when I stayed again he would look after me,true to his word when we phoned at short notice to book 2 nights he gave us a great rate and upgraded us to an executive room. On our arrival we were greeted by Andy personally and apologized straight away for the last mistake when we last stayed. I have to say the room was excellent and very spacious the only downside was the view but we could live with that,I have to acknowledge the absolute great service we received from all members of staff from the bar staff to the concierge as my wife was on crutches the staff bent over backwards to see if we needed any help be it with luggage or offering to get breakfast and bringing it to our table . We had a most enjoyable stay and cannot praise the whole staff enough 11\10 well done Europa can't wait to come back

Room Tip: All great rooms maybe ask for room with a view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I treated my husband to a wwekend stay in the Europe. It was excellent would definately recommend it. Room was excellent, staff excellent, location great. Breakfast was very enjoyable with a great selection. Will definately be returning

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel room is excellent
Well looked after by staff
Central location
Will definitely return here for a stay
Food good at night
Breakfast in morning good
Bar staff are very good
Every thing you need is roundabout this area whether you want to eat in hotel or out there is plenty restaurants and pubs right outside

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
belfat
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here on valentines night as a special surprise from my husband, the hotel itself and service is first class but the cleanliness of the room was something else, we had red wax over the tables, dusty skirtingboards and a half made bed when we pulled back the covers there was no bottom sheet and all u could see was the two single mattresses! The next morning we went to shower and wash and there was no hot water/warm water out of shower, bath or sink washing in cold water is not enjoyable. It was a terrible end to a perfect day that my husband had spent so much time and money organising just for me! I am truely disappointed and would not stay here again, I have stayed in cheaper hotels that I can at least have a shower in the morning!

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited the Europa for a late Valentines day getaway. All of the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We were given two vouchers for complimentary champagne cocktails at check in. All in all a lovely stay. Recommended.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Me and my family were looking for some bar snacks on Monday eve, so we deceided to go into the Europa Hotel Belfast. We were kindly greeted up in the Piano Lounge but a very professional waitress called Natasha. Natasha was very polite and gave us one to one service from the word go. The food and presentation were excellent. It was really nice to be treated well by a waitress nowadays. Fair play to you Natasha, keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Can not say a bad word about this hotel. Great service, amazing rooms and fantastic location! Got a deal for two night stay with dinner included and must say it was a lovely meal. Restaurant had lovely atmosphere and was nice and quiet. Best creme brulee Ive ever tasted! Would def stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple