“Best location in Belfast”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I'm a regular visited to Belfast on business, but this was my first stay at the Europa. The reason I tend to go back to my usual hotel is that they have a car park, and as a woman traveling alone, that just makes things easier. On this trip, however, I wasn't driving, so decided to stay at the Europa, which was a rare treat compared to my usual budget chain hotel, for approximately the same cost.
The staff were very pleasant, the decor is lovely, and my room was very comfortable. Lots of power points to charge my many devices, good size flat screen tv, and top it all, a lovely view to the street for people watching.
I didn't eat in the hotel as due to the location I had so many restaurants on the doorstep. I will definitely make an effort to come back again, and soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Annbone
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Annebone,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves at the Europa Hotel. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Europa Hotel - Belfast

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I do love the Europa and have now stayed there many times. The rooms are comfortable, decor excellent and the staff are really nice & helpful. Also location perfect. The only thing that consistently lets it down is the coffee. The real stuff is poor, but the decaff is truly dreadful. Nowadays there really is no excuse for that. Lots of hotels serve coffee you wouldn't get in a greasy spoon in Europe but the Europa's takes you back to Wimpy in the 70s. Please buy a few cafetieres and some ground coffee - even decaff is good these days - then it will be a really fab hotel!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AnnaF64

Dear AnneF,

Thank you your posting your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I hope you are well. I am so delighted you enjoyed your visit and received the full service the Europa Hotel has to offer. I passed all of your very kind comments to our staff members and have taken note on your comments regarding our coffee- this is certainly an area we will look in to. We would love to have you return to the Europa again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

34 of us trooped in here for a Pre Theatre Meal and Richard looked after us very well.
We were quickly seated and a drinks order was taken
Drinks arrived promptly quickly followed be our meal.
I had the Carbonara bake and it was delicious, very tasty, followed by yummy Glastry Farm Ice Cream, all served by smiling,efficient waitresses.
We thought it was very good value and enjoyed our meal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sentosa54

Dear Sentosa54,

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Europa and we would love to have you return. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Nearly 40 of us were going to the theatre and booked a two course meal with tea/coffee at the Europa as we have been before and they are very accommodating. The meals are simple fish and chips, burger and chips etc but it's a good hotel so it's a bit more upmarket. The fish is good quality and well cooked, that is to say not overcooked. The chips come either in a little individual metal basket shaped like a fish fryer or in a bowl. They are big chips and fluffy inside crispy out. The Burgers are large, home made and nicely presented etc. Richard the restaurant manager is always helpful and attentive as are his staff. It's a good place to go in small numbers or as we did on this occasion as a very large group.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ce H

Dear Ce H,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent visit to our Causerie Restaurant at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic dining experience with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff especially Richard and our Chef’s. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Europa and we would love to have you all return. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had booked 34 people into the Causerie for a meal in the Europa Hotel on Tuesday night 8/4/14. We were going to the theatre so had a pre theatre meal. We arrived in plenty of time for a drink before our meal. The service was excellent. Food was served quickley . Richard as manager makes sure everything runs smoothly. Everyone enjoyed their meal bar one. What's the old saying you can't please everybody. She still wasn't disappointed as she thoroughly loved her dessert. I would advise anyone to go. Good value also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shamrock35

Dear Shamrock35,

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is lovely but the room was quite small. Great big comfortable bed but the rest of the room was just a bit cramped.
Only enough toiletries left in the bathroom for one person-not great when it's a double room.
Stayed on a Saturday night and was kept awake by the noise from a function (a wedding I think) somewhere else in the hotel.
The hotel was nice but given the price I do have to admit I was a little bit disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bd_derry

Dear bd_derry,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay with ourselves. I am disappointed your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would like to apologise for the level of noise that during you stay from event on in the Hotel. I appreciate the points you have raised and I can assure you I have brought these up with the managers in the Hotel. We continually strive to improve our services provided in the Hotel. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can improve on your last stay.

We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked a room at the Eurpoa Hotel, I was then to take my partner out in Belfast to propose to her, however a couple of days beforehand I thought why not make use of the Hotel, and my, how great this turned out.

They could not have been more helpful; I, coming from England and my beautiful partner coming from Ireland, I really wanted everything to be perfect, and it was! I got up graded for free and had complimentary Prosseco, 2 bottles to be exact and to top it all off she said yes!!!!!

Thank you Europa for a memorable stay, defiantly will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P J

Dear P J,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. Congratulations on your engagement! We are all so thrilled for you. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa, perhaps even for your Wedding =). We hope to be seeing you again soon.