“Disappointing”

Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Having heard many things about the Europa, I decided to stay there for a night in November. However whilst the lobby and corridors of the hotel are both quite nice, the rooms fail to live up to the same standard. We stayed in a room which was close to the lift shaft and found this to be very noisy throughout the entire night. The room itself was nice however it was not much different to those found in other Belfast hotels with much cheaper price tags. Would return if prices were lower but more likely to seek accommodation elsewhere in future!

Stayed November 2013
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Kevin C,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Europa Hotel in November.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your bedroom and that it did not live up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I hope your stay will not deter you from using the Hotel again in the future. Please check our website, www.hastingshotels.com, for best available rates before booking your room.

Warm regards

Jody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a real jewel in Belfast, and a place I would very much recommend. I like both this and the Fitzwilliam but they are both very different. One is modern chic, the other is almost a point in time relic which showcases a certain level of opulence.

The Europa is vast, and not too pretty from the outside. It has been bombed a few timescales the past, so this is probably not surprising. Inside it is very clean, well appointed and has a stately air to it. The bar is great for a few beers or a cocktail, there is a cool mezzanine area and there are photos and artwork from the history of Belfast littering the lobby and the stairways.

The style, right down to the furniture in the communal areas is of comfort and luxury.

My room was on the small side, but for the price I couldn't really complain. It perhaps needs a refurb at a room level.

Food was superb, including the breakfast. Staff always happy to help, too. Location is excellent, and there is decent value valet parking. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room that the standard as they are a bit pokey
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ireland Derry City
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed in a family room which was spacious, but a few of are party had double rooms which were very small, but the staff were very accommodating and give them an upgrade. The staff were very welcoming and the food was okay. The hotel is in a great location near the centre of town, the bus station is just beside it. I would recommend to get a room facing the front of the hotel as the rooms at the back can be a bit dark with no view. I would recommend this hotel we had a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: Room facing the front over looking Belfast
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KatrinaMcLoone
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

if unremarkable, although the beds are fantastic. I agree with a previous reviewer, the coffee is in- execrable.
The concierges were very helpful booking tours and finding out about local buses.
The food in the restaurant seemed to have been fried in lard - perhaps this is usual in Belfast but it was a bit of a shock.
Great to find it was round the corner from the bus station - and Cafe Nero!
The view from my room was desperate so I kept the curtains closed which fixed it.
Could have done with a shoe-polishing kit and body lotion given that it's so hard to carry many liquids on planes these days.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Europa as part of a Hen party and it was fantastic. Lovely service and very friendly and helpful. I would strongly recommend the cocktail making masterclass with Patrick and Brendan, the were absolutely fantastic and me and my party would say that it was the best part of our visit to Belfast. They bent over backwards to make our time special. Highly recommended :)

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank VMackay91
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Vlipka,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay and cocktail masterclass with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff especially Patrick and Brendan. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regard

Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights for a friends hen party. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were lovely. All members of staff were extremely helpful and friendly, we were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived. We had booked on to the cocktail masterclass which was definitely the highlight of out trip. We had fantastic fun with Patrick and Brendan who were both absolutely brilliant fun making the class extremely enjoyable. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good laugh and likes quality cocktails.

Thanks again Europa staff for making our trip so enjoyable especially Patrick and Brendan.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lgow7,

Thank you posting your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff members especially Patrick and Brendan and we are all delighted you had a great hen party. We would love to have you return to the Europa again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

my husband upgraded for us to stay at the europa as a mother day gift - it was an experience that i am never goin to experience again! the room was tiny the noise from a hen party went on all night - still going at 8 in the morn i enven heard what they were going to eat for breakfast - walls very thin and there was no lock on bathroom door the tv wasnt working next morning breakfast wasnt exactly the warmest neither was the coffe - i did complain saying i didnt enjoy my stay and a manager handed me her card with her name and said phone me personally next visit please - needless to say i have no intentions of returning - and no attempt to even entice us back - very dissappointed for price and rating

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catandy54
Dear Catandy54,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your recent stay with ourselves. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would like to apologise for the level of noise that during you stay. I appreciate the points you have raised and I can assure you we have brought this issue with the appropriate managers. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can improve on your last stay. Please contact myself directly on conf@eur.hastingshotels.com should you wish to stay again.
We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards.