“Best hotel in Belfast!”

Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Best hotel in Belfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Europa for a friends wedding which meant it was an all day event. From arrival the reception staff Linda and Mary where great! So friendly and chatty! The dinner at the reception was great! Andrew McNeill made sure there was always wine on the table and had a genuine interest in making sure everyone was enjoying the day. The room itself was outstanding! Great view, so clean and very spacious. Overall I would 100% recommend the Europa Hotel! I have stayed in many Belfast hotels but none come even close to the Europa!

• Stayed June 2014
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ross M,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased you found our reception team so friendly, I will certainly pass your kind feedback on to Lynda and Mary.

It was lovely to hear Andy kept you and your fellow guests well looked after.

We would love to welcome you back to the Europa on your next visit.

Jody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the fabulous Europa Hotel, Belfast. The rooms were spacious, the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was brilliant. My only problem was that I paid for my stay in advance with Agoda, but the Europa still charged me when I left, and a lot more than I had been quoted as. So paid twice, and still haven't been able to get money back. Would make me think twice about staying again

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Aidan201398
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Aidan201398,

Firstly I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Europa Hotel.

My sincere apologies regarding the confusion over payment at the end of your stay. I would be happy to look into this for you. I would be grateful if you could email me directly on sales@eur.hastingshotels.com so I can look into this matter for you and hopefully have this rectified.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Europa is superbly located in the city centre. The hotel is classy and well appointed. Our room was very large and nicely furnished. We especially liked the very large "pub" on the main floor- a great option for lunch. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The staff were wonderful. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AvidTravellerCalgary
Dear AvidTravellerCalgary,

Thank you for your recent feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed our superb rooms and friendly staff. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for a family wedding and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Everyone from the staff on reception to those working in the restaurant, bars and the wedding itself were so friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snarf35
Dear Snarf,

Thank you for your lovely review for the Europa Hotel. I hope you had a great time at the Wedding.

I will be sure to let all the staff know your kind comments. Please do come and visit us again soon!

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for a night after a wedding. The hotel is just off the city centre with bus/rail nearby. I used valet parking as the hotel has no parking of its own. Valet parking is £16 per 24hrs or if you wish to park yourself, there is a car park at side of hotel and approx. £5 per night.
Reception is spacious with bars and restaurant access. Valet was courteous on arrival and departure. My room was on 7th floor (720). The room itself had all you would need but I found it cramped. If staying more than a couple of days, I would get a bigger room. Bathroom was ok and shower great.
The piano bar/Library bar is a nice place to sit and watch the world go by. The function room for the wedding was fantastic and well decorated. Food was hot and very nice.
Breakfast had a good selection. I not one for cooked breakfast usually but the hot food was very good and eggs cooked to perfection. Now for my issue. The lifts take for ever. Even the express lift. I spent approx. 35 mins going to and from the 7th floor to the 1st. I only went to collect a bag so all the time was spent waiting on lifts. At one point, I decided to use the stairs and even that turned into a nightmare as there are no directions, just a few doors off the stairs and found myself wandering around staff areas. Nice hotel but get those lifts sorted out. OH! still waiting on my checkout bill. They had a new system in installed and could not check me out. said they would email it to me but yes, still waiting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gary P
Dear navigator,

Thank you for leaving you recent review. I am pleased overall you enjoyed the Hotel facilities and food.

Room 720 is one of our classic rooms which is part of the original hotel and therefore are the smallest room type we have. We do have larger room types available, our superior's and executives which I would recommend for your next visit.

I am very sorry to hear of the delay your received whilst using our lifts, there is not usually such a delay, however the Hotel was fully booked at the weekend. I will certainly pass this feedback on to our maintenance team to ensure everything is working as it should.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Europa Hotel in the future. Please keep an eye on our website for latest special offers.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Overall an above average experience with, good, clean, well maintained rooms and friendly, helpful staff. The reception staff were excellent and attentive in quickly handling any concerns or issues.

The concierge men were especially helpful and knowledgeable in all respects.

The "included" morning Irish breakfasts were as good as I've seen anywhere though the lack of staff required us to constantly seek out someone for coffee/tea service.

The one night we (6 of us) tried the dining room for dinner it was simply a disaster with inattentive staff more interested in chatting amongst themselves than serving us, many advertised wines unavailable and food bordering on inedible. There are too many excellent restaurants in the neighbourhood to ever repeat that experience.

For 4 days we had superb internet service which became a disaster which Hastings switched to a new system which constantly crashed and demanded far too much personal information to log in again. If you rely on the internet think twice about staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Blarnee
Dear Blarnee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I was pleased to hear you received lovely service from our reception and concierge team. I will be sure to pass these comments on.

Please accept my sincere apologies on the disappointing food and service you received in the Causerie Restaurant. I can assure you this is certainly not our usual standard and will ensure this is addressed with the restaurant manager and head chef.

I do believe we had an issue with our new internet system which went live at the weekend. I can confirm this has already been addressed with out internet provider to ensure it is working correctly.

I do hope overall you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider returning to us next time you are in Belfast.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

along with 2 other couples, we travelled to Belfast for a rugby weekend, along with a chance to wander the city. Our room was fabulous , though a bit on the warm side till we got to grips with the heating set-up. Location was brilliant, smack in the middle everything you might wish to enjoy. could not fault the staff, cheerful and helpful at all times, ready with any tips and information to make your stay as pleasant as it could be but also keen to hear any suggestions that you had that other travellers might find useful. I would have no problem going back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Daniel O,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us. Our location is indeed superb for exploring all Belfast has to offer.
We pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff and I am delighted you experienced this on your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Europa Hotel in the future.