“Great location but...”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location in the City Centre. If you plan on using the "free internet", be prepared to sit out in the hallway to use it, the signal in the room does is not strong enough for surfing the web.
Good service.
Might look for another City Centre location if I were to ever return to Belfast, which is not likely to happen.

Room Tip: A must in Belfast, the black taxi tour. Very, very good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Brian K,

Thank you for supplying feedback at the Europa Hotel.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly with your bedroom information so I can look into the poor internet signal you received to your room.

I am pleased you enjoyed our great location.
I hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to Belfast.

Jody

Write a ReviewReviews (4,664)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I managed to pick up a good deal via an online site, so decided to treat myself while visiting Belfast to volunteer for the Giro D'Italia in may. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff from the moment I arrived, the room was lovely and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice and excellent quality
I loved the little details... The little cards detailing where they had locally sourced the bed linen/ bed/ breakfast etc... And the location of the Europa is superb.
My only criticism of the whole weekend is that the service in the bar could have been quicker and slicker, but it felt like they might have been short staffed (?)
My whole weekend was made complete by the kindness of the receptionist Inge, who gave me her giro D'Italia pin badge... Had a great time at the Europa and will try and stay there agin if I come back to Belfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Linzi W,

Thank you for your kind feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted to hear our staff were friendly and your found our beds comfortable. I will certainly pass on your great feedback on breakfast to the Chef. Inge will be pleased to have made your stay.

We hope you will consider joining us again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff are great. Stayed here a few weeks ago - great all round. Can be quite expensive though if booked in short notice...(Went online to check for one night's price for next month...260 pounds? No thank you.)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear bluehexe h,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased to her you enjoyed the service from our staff.

Please contact the hotel directly for best available rates - we would love to have you stay with us next month.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A bargain room from a discount website proved to be an absolute gem. I found myself in a 10th floor 'superior' room overlooking the bustling street below - and Belfast's historic Crown bar. Staying a couple of doors along from the Clinton Suite (Bill was here in 1995), the room was spotless clean, warm, spacious and very quiet. A £10 voucher from reception gets you a huge Ulster breakfast. Delighted!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tartanpenguin1
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear tartanpenguin1,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The location of this hotel is great with easy access to all major attractions of the city. The bus terminal is behind the hotel with the fare from Belfast City airport being £2.40 and a 20 minute journey dependent on the traffic.

There is no airconditioning in the rooms so in summer it is hot and stuffy!! There are simply better value hotels in Belfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear LondonSunseeker22,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed the benefits of our central location.

Regarding air conditioning, only our executive rooms benefit from this.

Please contact me directly if you are considering returning to us again, I will ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was a beautiful hotel with comfortable rooms and excellent Wi-Fi. Next to the Grand Opera House and just down the street from pubs, restaurants and shopping, it is a convenient stay for touring or business. My room overlooked the air conditioning units on the roof, but the room itself was spacious and comfortable. This is a card powered room, so if you want to have the electricity on to charge things while you are out, ask for a spare card. Restuarant food was good, and the wait staff friendly.

Room Tip: The Titanic Museum is now open, and has a wonderful display of local history tied to shipbuilding he...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear bostonmickey2010,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location is indeed great for exploring the city.

I hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for one night during an organized tour of Ireland and Scotland.

This is an extremely attractive hotel and good location.

Rooms are clean and comfortable.

The piano bar on the second floor is great place for a drink.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear stan S,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed our great location and found our facilities clean and comfortable.

We hope you will consider staying with us again when you are next in Belfast.