“Fabulous City Hotel”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at the Europa Hotel as part of a large group visit. It is simply stunning and on a par with other city hotels we have stayed in abroad. It is a very smart and elegant boutique style and furnished to the highest of standards and in a great central location. Our executive room on the 5th floor was just fabulous with what looked like an emperor size bed - we felt like we were sleeping on clouds it was so comfortable. Staff were great, the buffet breakfast and options were as you would expect and served in a lovely big airy restaurant. Our only disappointment was when we ate in the hotel restaurant on one evening. Accepting it was later, unfortunately the service was not great and we had to remind staff at least three times of requests we had made and endure the noise of their setting up the restaurant for breakfast. The food was okay but we felt in the way and the dining experience was poor. Would definitely stay here again but will eat out as there are many good restaurants nearby. Overall a great stay and hotel recommended.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade to an Executive Room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear mrandmrs149,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed the comfort of our executive rooms - particularly our "cloud" beds.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the service your received in our restaurant. I will ensure this is addressed with our restaurant manager.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Belfast.

There are newer reviews for Europa Hotel - Belfast

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here on two occasions for work- the staff are by far the friendliest hotel staff I have ever come across.

Good value for money in my opinion with luxury rooms and the comfiest bests ever. Espa products in the rooms smell amazing, and breakfast is good too.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear yorkshirefoodie0,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly our friendly staff. I will ensure I share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here overnight and was staggered by the shocking standard of the whole place. Tired-looking corridors reeking of vomit, tatty, characterless rooms and probably the worst plate of pasta I have ever had the misfortune to eat in the downstairs restaurant. It's a damning indictment of the city that this place is heralded as some sort of premier establishment when, in reality, it's an overpiced mess.

There's not even a hint of style to take the edge of the total lack of substance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Pius R
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we booked this hotel for one night as part of a theatre break. the staff were excellent .the room although smallish was very comfortable with a wonderful shower room.all the facilities were excellent and the location of the hotel was so central to all the other attractions. would recommend the europa for an overnight stay or just call in and enjoy the atomsphere

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear John B,

Thank you for your recent feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you recommending us for anyone wishing to stay in Belfast.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Belfast.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'm just back from a stay at this hotel today and just had to share my experience. When we arrived I was greeted by a friendly smile at reception and told that our room had been upgraded for us at no extra charge. As this was for my boyfriends I had pre arranged a few extras such as flowers, chocolates and balloons, our room was amazing when we arrived.

The room was spotlessly clean and as we were on the 8th floor there was a fantastic view, we were made to feel so welcome from start to finish. We're already planning our next visit.
Thanks for making my boyfriends birthday so special.

Room Tip: The location of is hotel is brilliant for getting the train or its also very close to the shops too.

Dear Lovetotravel8910,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. I am so pleased we helped you to make his birthday special.

We look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for work, staff are really helpful and nice, the hotel is fine not top but nice. Rooms are clean but a bit small! The price per night is extremely cheap! The logistics were arranged few weeks ahead, all was perfect upon arrival very fast checkin and check out. The breakfast is tasty

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Lama H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased to hear everything was in place for your arrival and you recieved an efficient check in by our team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed four nights at the Europa Hotel in central downtown Belfast and felt compelled to write about our stay. My wife and I have travelled extensively in Europe and North America in recent years and have to say that the service rendered by the Manager, Mr. Andy McNeill during our stay was exemplary and he is a tremendous ambassador for the Europa.
From the moment of our arrival at the hotel we were greeted personally by Mr. McNeill with a very warm and cordial welcome at the front desk, my wife and I were extremely impressed by how he immediately made us feel like honoured guests in his home rather than as perfect strangers in a large hotel chain.
Over the course of our stay I observed how he interacted with his staff and could see immediately that there was a great deal of mutual respect. It was quite evident that his professional attitude and commitment to customer service and excellence could be seen in how his staff interacted and treated other guests at the hotel, whether it was at the front door or in the restaurants or lounges, your hotel is a great example of how hotels should be run.
Our stay at the Europa, Belfast was a very memorable and enjoyable one and we will definitely be back again and stay at the Europa, you can't beat the service, food and location.

Dear John M,

I was delighted to hear Andy McNeil took such great care of you and your wife during your visit. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments personally to him.

We would love to have you stay with us again. Please keep us in mind should you visit Belfast again.