“Not all its cracked up to be”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Room was beautifully decorated ,staff were friendly but definetely overpriced when you can get a similarily styled room for a cheaper price in belfast. good location and easy access to train station,near good bars,wouldnt stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Beth16495,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased to hear our staff were friendly and you enjoyed our superb location and beautifully decorated rooms.

Hopefully you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would highly recommend the Europa Hotel,could not fault it in any way,the staff made my sisterinlaw & myself very welcome on our arrival & were so friendly.The food was excellent & value for money.This was my second stay at the Europa & I look forward to staying there again in the Autumn.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Ann F,

Thank you for your great feedback of the Europa Hotel.

I am so happy you and your sister in-law enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the autumn.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A group of 21 friends went to the restaurant for supper last night at about 10.15pm, after a lovely evening at the opera in the nearby Grand Opera House. Our host had booked a table for a quick bite to eat, and we arrived a bit early and had to wait in the foyer. The staff were pretty surly about having to join the tables together (we were in one party and didn't want to sit in 3s and 4s), and eventually we sat down about 10 minutes after our booking. The host had ordered Irish Stew for everyone, and got 4 bottles of house wine. That is all we had, the stew was edible (not much meat, some fat, lots of potatoes), but not very big, and served with two minuscule pieces of dry bread. The bill came to an astonishing £355, very nearly £17 a head! We could have eaten a delicious meal, in convivial surroundings, in many other local establishments. Very poor show for a so called 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Henrietta R
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Henrietta R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at the Europa Hotel.

My sincere apologies you found our service in the Causerie Restaurant of poor quality. I would be grateful if you could contact me personally so I can look into this matter further for you.

Please contact me on sales@eur.hastingshotels.com.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

What can I say other than first class service from beginning to end. Staff where welcoming on arrival, rooms where superb and the attention to detail was second to none. While all the staff where excellent Caolan in the bar most definititely deserves a special mention, he was friendly and looked after us .. no request was too much trouble. This young man was a credit to the hotel and our appreciation will hopefully be passed on. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear mrsmarieb,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted to hear your event was a success with us. I will certainly pass on your feedback to Caolan who made your evening memorable.

We hope you will join us soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is really nice hotel, the outside looks is more like the 60's character, but from the inside it is a different story.
Pros: The Hotel is really elegant staff are mostly very welcoming and helpful,Lifts are spacious and Chic, Corridors and hallways are very Nice and appealing, My Room 1116, was very nice, of a very good size, Desk, seating area, Large double Bed, Large LED TV, Ipod player " not working", Mid size elegant bathroom, The wooden furniture is outdated but I liked it, the bed is really great and comfortable, the Pillows were awesome, big closet with s Safe box inside and Ironing facilities.
The Bathroom has an excellent shower with powerful water pressure.
Breakfast was good with nothing is so special.
Location is great , right into the city center, hop on hop off tour bus picked us from Hotels entrance,McCombs Tours also start from Europa Hotel, Bus station is just behind the Hotel, so one can take the Airport bus from Belfast Int'l Airport or George Best Airport to this station and the same back to the Airport, Very convenient.
Tesco Express, SUBWAY, are in front of the Hotel, Boots is just beside the Hotel, the Opera House is on the other side too.

Cons: Shocking to discover that the Rooms are not AIR CONDITIONED, I wouldn't suspect that such a nice hotel has no A/C's into the room, No Fans , the window couldn't be fully opened to allow fresh air or to cool down the hot temp. I called the reception immediately after arrival and the receptionist replied that he has nothing to do and they don't have fans, which gave me a very sleepless night, on the second day I went personally down to the reception and met one of the employees and Asked again for a fan, or any A/C room, or I am ready to leave at once to some where else... The man was really helpful and promised to get me a fine, I went out all day and when I was back I found a fan on the desk, and the reception employee called me to make sure that I have it already... so things started to be much easier for me.
I really Loved this Hotel and I would definitely go back if in winter time or if I know they had the rooms Air conditioned.

Room Tip: High level rooms give a nice Hills View.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Akramdash

Dear Akramdash,

Thank you for supplying feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed our elegant surroundings and helpful staff.

Unfortunately our classic and superior rooms do not benefit from air conditioning as they are part of the original building. All of our executive rooms do have air conditioning. I am pleased we eventually were able to source a fan for your room to help make your stay more comfortable.

Please visit us again when you are next in Belfast.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at the Europa Hotel as part of a large group visit. It is simply stunning and on a par with other city hotels we have stayed in abroad. It is a very smart and elegant boutique style and furnished to the highest of standards and in a great central location. Our executive room on the 5th floor was just fabulous with what looked like an emperor size bed - we felt like we were sleeping on clouds it was so comfortable. Staff were great, the buffet breakfast and options were as you would expect and served in a lovely big airy restaurant. Our only disappointment was when we ate in the hotel restaurant on one evening. Accepting it was later, unfortunately the service was not great and we had to remind staff at least three times of requests we had made and endure the noise of their setting up the restaurant for breakfast. The food was okay but we felt in the way and the dining experience was poor. Would definitely stay here again but will eat out as there are many good restaurants nearby. Overall a great stay and hotel recommended.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade to an Executive Room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mrandmrs149,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed the comfort of our executive rooms - particularly our "cloud" beds.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the service your received in our restaurant. I will ensure this is addressed with our restaurant manager.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Belfast.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here on two occasions for work- the staff are by far the friendliest hotel staff I have ever come across.

Good value for money in my opinion with luxury rooms and the comfiest bests ever. Espa products in the rooms smell amazing, and breakfast is good too.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear yorkshirefoodie0,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly our friendly staff. I will ensure I share your comments with the team.