“A truly wonderful stay”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Northern Ireland, as we have many family members in and around Belfast. Having said that, we COULD stay with family - but we prefer to stay in a hotel when visiting. We have stayed in several local hotels, this was our first time at The Europa. We absolutely loved it. The accommodations were above average (and yet the price was not), the bed was so comfortable. The staff were very accommodating, and the location absolutely cannot be beat - particularly when you're taking the train daily to Bangor and other areas, the train station is right next door, as is the bus station!!

So many amazing pubs and restaurants close by. Three right across the road, any one of which have great ambiance and food.

I think we've found our Belfast home, we'll stop changing up every time, and just stick to the Europa from now on.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diamondlover
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Diamondlover,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am so pleased we were a home away from home on your visit. We would certainly love to have you back with us when you are next visit your family.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Thanks very much for a great stay. I really liked the following:

a) The room. It was comfortable and though described as a single room contained a double bed and a more than adequate amount of space. it was well equipped with the iron and ironing board being very much appreciated. I also liked the curtains which kept the room dark which in turn helped sleeping. I also liked the fact that it was quiet.

b) Other facilities. I particularly liked the free safe deposit box in the room; a pleasant surprise not to have to pay extra for this. I also liked the courtesy luggage room for the period between checkout and my departure for the airport.

c) Location. Fantastic - close to everything including the bus station which serves the two Belfast airports.

There are no obvious points for improvement but here are some observations:

1) In my feedback to the hotel, I mentioned that the shower basin in room 716 does not drain properly. I suspect that this is a simple one-off issue that will not affect anyone else.

2) Other reviewers have commented on the quality of the breakfast. My perception is that it is in all respects up to the standard expected but is not exceptional as other reviewers have suggested.

I would be pleased to use this hotel for my next trip to Belfast.

Room Tip: Nothing known
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear DicktheBad,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on the hotel facilities. I am pleased you enjoyed our rooms and fantastic central location.

I appreciate your feedback on breakfast and will certainly pass this on to our executive Chef. I will of course have the Housekeeping Manager look into the shower basin and ensure this is fixed if not done so already.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I hope you will join us again on our next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our Ireland Tour began in Belfast, on 7/12/14, which happens to be a significant day for the beginning of the" Marching Season". This is relevant because our stay at the Europa was pleasant, secure and comfortable, in the midst of what could have been a night of violence in the streets. The Hotel has played a historic ans somewhat Notorius role in Norhern Ireland Troubles, but I wont get into that for this review. Suffice to say , the rooms, staff, meals, & all facilities were wonderfull
It is centrally located, within walking distance of great shopping, pub crawling and siteseeing.

Room Tip: If your concerned about traffic noise in the summertime when your windows most likely will be open...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James M

Dear James M,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on the Europa Hotel.
I am so pleased you enjoyed our facilities, staff and meals during your time with us.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room, plus a great view of the city. Great value for the money. Valet parking. Close to several restaurants, pubs and sight-seeing locations. Loved our visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lisa b,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with the hotel team.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am local and was in today for lunch with a group of friends. Staff were friendly and service was good but the food did not match up to what you would expect from a first class hotel. I looked as if it had been sitting for sometime and was not very appetising. We need to promote everything that belfast has to offer and that includes our food.
I will think twice before going here again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sesles
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear sesles,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on lunch in our Lobby Bar. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the quality of our food.

I will be happy to look into this further if you would like to contact me directly, 02890 271 066.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

cannot fault this stunning hotel! from the helpful front desk staff to the very friendly bar staff and waitresses. will be recommending this hotel to all i know! rooms lovely too with very comfy beds.i will stay here again for sure- soon hopefully:-)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear doodles81,

Thank you for your kind feedback on the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased our friendly team made your stay memorable.

We hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect because this hotel was very inexpensive. We paid $130 per night. I was looking for something that was very close to the bus station due to the fact that we were taking a coach bus from Belfast to Dublin and wanted to be in walking distance of the bus station. Well...this hotel is wonderful! The rooms are very big and the beds are so comfy! The bus station is less than half a block away. It is also very convenient to great restaurants and pubs. This is a great place to stay in the city of Belfast!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms didn't have wifi. Our room did. You might ask about the wifi.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear relaxnstyle,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel.
I am so pleased our superb central location made your trip easier.

I hope you will consider joining us again.