Europa Hotel - Belfast
US$88
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
4,809 results
All reviewspiano baropera housegreat victoria streetexecutive roomlovely hotelporridgebuffet stylethe heart of the citycentral locationtop classafternoon teareception staffnorthern irelandfrom start to finishsaturday nightcar parkbombed
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We got into Belfast around noon. The hotel told us they had some rooms available near the elevator that could be noisy or we could wait till after 3 pm for other rooms to be available. We were tired and wanted to rest up so decided to take the room. It was on the 7th floor. The proximity to the elevator was fine- not super noisy but the room was very basic and small. I guess if you pay the big bucks, you can get a better room, which btw they have very prominently displayed at the front desk, pay more to upgrade to a better room! I discovered there was no AC- not that we needed it but it got stuffy at night. The bed was uncomfortable as the mattress tilted to the middle. The pillows were uncomfortable as well. There was no lotion in the bathroom, I had to call to get some. The bathroom was very basic and poorly lit! We were told breakfast will be 10 pounds with a voucher we would collect from the front desk. We decided to try it the first morning- it was okay, nothing special. The cappuccino was good and very hot .. other than that, nothing to speak of. We found a great cafe Harlem, just a few minutes away that was fantastic. All of that being said, the location is great. We took the bus from the airport and we literary around the corner from the last bus station. We did the hop on hop off which was right there as well. The rest of the areas are very walkable as well. The hotel is old and they need to upgrade. I was woken up at night as the toilet starting gurgling!! I was not happy. I guess I would come back but only if I am willing to spend more and get a better room.. I would not recommend the basic room- no good at all!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear MonicaFoodie,

Thank you for your feedback on the Europa Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our superb location.
I was sorry to hear you were woken during the night in your room. Our Superior and Executive rooms would certainly offer more space in the room and our executive rooms also benefit from air conditioning.

Please do keep us in mind should you visit Belfast again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in the Europa for 10 nights while visiting family and friends. As I checked into the hotel I soon realized that Andrew McNeil and his reception desk staff were a cut above the rest, their courtesy and helpfulness was definately some of the best I have ever experienced. My room was ready, clean and fresh, just what I needed after a long haul flight.
On attending the Piano Bar on the 1st floor I was greeted by Natashsa who could not be more polite if she tried, lovely. There I also met David Glass and Andy McQuillan who also catered to my beverage needs. They made me feel relaxed and welcome, soon we were exchanging jokes and travel stories, it was as if we were friends for years. Even with all the 'banter', their level of customer care and service never wavered. On Saturday afternoon I attended the Jazz session in the Lobby Bar and had a great time listening to good music with a few G & T's served to me by Anthony Hackett, another stalwart bartender in the Europa who made me laugh as he danced his way round the bar to the rhythm of the music.
With the hotel bang in the middle of Belfast, breakfast is a must, so stuff yourself from the buffet of bacon, eggs, sausage, potato and soda bread and anything else you can pile on the plate because it will last you all day long....right through to dinner time or beyond. General Manager James Maginn should be truly proud of the Europa and rightly so, with the staff he has how could he be anything else? What an excellent hotel, am already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C, so check with the hotel and I'm sure the reception desk staff will do their utmost to accommodate you. Belfast does not usually get too hot in the summer, so you may not need it..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JoeLawrie
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear JoeLawrie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us, I will certainly pass on your feedback to Natasha, David and Andy.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A stay at the beginning of July in a poky musty smelling room, though the bed itself was v comfortable and clean and the bathroom spotless and modern. But it was quite extraordinary that they should have decided to move a herb garden (6 window boxes with a couple of plants in each on synthetic grass) by crane onto a flat 2nd floor roof (amongst a battery of ventilation and extractor fan shafts) immediately outside guests' rooms starting at 4.30 in the morning, making an incredible noise. The racket went on for about 90 minutes. The hotel management appeared not to be expecting this and the staff were totally bemused. Two letters of complaint to the hotel group management remain unanswered. On the basis of this and previous experiences this really is not a hotel to stay if you value a good night's sleep. Reception staff were good. Breakfast was chaotic - they cannot cope when lots of tour guests turn up for breakfast at the same time.

Room Tip: Executive rooms at the back of the hotel look much bigger and more comfortable than so called classic and superior rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jim

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on the Europa Hotel.

I am so sorry that you were disturbed during your stay by the Extractor fans. I will pass on your feedback regarding breakfast to the Restaurant Manager.

Please do consider staying with us again. Please contact me directly next time you wish to book on sales@eur.hastingshotels.com.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I just stayed in Europa Hotel last month, the location is good, we got nice rooms. Special thanks for Lynsey Carrol for your help to upgraded all the rooms in my group.
For dinner restaurant, it was a little slow in the service, need to speed up a little. Hope for the next visit Belfast again....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mirna M,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I will pass on your feedback to Lynsey regarding your group. I will also pass on your feedback to he restaurant manager.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel!! From clean comfortable rooms to cocktails and dinner in the restaurant!! Nothing like sittin in the piano bar 'watchin the world go by'. Staff are great and so helpful and the breakfast is the best you can get!! Lots to choose from :) just great all round :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear emmajayne14,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our rooms, cocktails and dinner!

Please join us again.