“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Newtownards, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I just spent a lovely night at the Europa Hotel the staff were absolutely fabulous Linda Deegan was on Reception when we checked in and also when we checked out she was just Lovely and so very helpful. I must say she was very efficient and made sure we had everything we needed. Wesley parked the car for us he was just so helpful. We had a lovely breakfast before heading home thanks again for a lovely stay and also to Linda thanks again for making us feel so welcome

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dunnjo, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Gillian450,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to Lynda and Wesley who looked after you so well.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Jody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cavan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Nice clean and friendly, parking can be hard to get close to hotel and is paid parking too, and having to pay for Wi - fi in a 4 star hotel in this day and age is a bit much too, other than that a good experience all round.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tyrith,

Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly pass on your comments regarding wifi to the Hotel Manager. We appreciate your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a classic double on the 10th floor. Party music continued right up until midnight, probably from one of the weddings that day so why weren't we warned beforehand, or placed in a room further from the merriment? (Only discovered on day of check out that the partying took place on the 12th floor). Acoustics of the disco music in the small shower room was particularly clear! Second night was quieter but window remained open due to stuffiness of the room, so just traffic and people noise filtering through. We did get an apology from the guy at reception on checking out, but by then it was too late. Didn't help that another guest 'took' my toast from the machine at breakfast and a waitress dropped a whole tray of tea cups next to us. My partner had stayed once before not without issues a while back, but wanted to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt. I'll say no more.

Room Tip: Check if there is a big function that evening and if you'd like a restful stay then request a ro...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Seok C
Dear Seok1708,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Europa Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding he disturbance of music in your room. This would not something that happens often, I will certainly raise this with our events department.

I would ask should you consider staying with us at the Hotel again please contact me personally on sales@eur.hastingshotels.com or call 028 9027 1066.

Once again I am so sorry for the disturbance.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I got a good priced 2 night deal including breakfast I chose this hotel mainly because of the location and to see what it was like now because the last time I seen it a wee bomb hit it I had a quiet room but I didn't like the view so I kept the curtains shut the bed and pillows were very comfortable and there was great entertainment in the lobby bar

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear mcguigancatherine,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I played on the same chess tournament as Pat. I did not sleep there so I cannot say anything about the rooms or the food, but I agree that the hotel has very nice conference facilities indeed. Our conference room was perfectly quiet and had a handy little terrace with a beautiful view to the surrounding streets.

The staff was also very friendly and helpful, and the bar looks really classy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Gabor H,

Thank you for your feedback on your time with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Hotel.

Donegal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My hubbie and I stayed overnight at the Europa recently as we thought "why not stay in one of Belfast's most prestigeous and famous hotels"! It is safe to say we won't even be staying again. The only positive I have to say is the bed was really comfortable.........

No small chat in reception staff whatsoever and coming from Northern Ireland myself I found this rather odd! Our room was on the 8th floor which was terrible cramped. I had to move the coffee table to pull my chair back to open the drawer and use the hairdresser, very tight squeeze! I found that no Wifi was an absolute joke in this day and age and had to purchase a wife card at reception if you wished to avail of it. Sound proofing is non-existant as we could hear next door's conversation (and they were not even talking loudly!). Awful brown damp staining around window with stained net curtain. Wallpaper covered in black marks from being hit against. One hand-towel with no spare in closet. Dust thick on top of wall mounted headboard and terribly flat pillows which I had to double over (again no spare in cupboard!).
Then there was the fried breakfast...AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. Breakfast cost us £16 each and for the life of me I can't comprehend where they plucked that figure from. I ate one sausage. Eggs were so greasy they slid all over the plate...the fried bread was layers in thick lard which made me gag. For £16 I would at the very least like my food to be edible and have it taken to my table instead of queueing up for slop. AWe ended up leaving our full plates, checking out and going elsewhere for breakfast. Reception staff didn't even ask how our stay was. Guys at The Europa....you are famous for one thing only and it's certainly not you food or room quality!

Room Tip: Steer well clear!
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Madgesbadge
Dear Madgesbadge ,

I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed during your stay with us. I would be grateful if you could touch base with me so that I may look into this matter further. I can be contacted by phone or email 028 9027 1066 or sales@eur.hastingshotels.com.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I recently spent a few days in the Europa hotel where they hosted the Ulster Chess Championships. The facilities were excellent and the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The location of the Hotel couldn't be better as it is right in the centre of Belfast and easily accessible by public transport. Andrew McNeill was our point of contact with the hotel when booking the room and he made the process stress free and overall my experience in dealing with the hotel has been great. This was an excellent venue for this type of event and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ross H,

I appreciate you taking the time to write feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and found our central location a benefit.

We hope to welcome you back soon.