Europa Hotel - Belfast
  • Room Service
US$169
US$153
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$137
US$130
Hotwire.com
4,757 results
All reviewspiano baropera housegreat victoria streetexecutive roomlovely hotelporridgebuffet stylethe heart of the citycentral locationtop classafternoon teareception staffnorthern irelandfrom start to finishsaturday nightcar parkbombed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Prior to a short trip to france we decided to stay in the Europa as we were flying out early the next morning. We checked in to one of the new rooms on the tenth floor. The rooms were a special treat for our two wives and they surpassed our expectations. The rooms are luxuriously laid out and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We normally eat in Scollinis but we chose to eat in the restaurant of the hotel that night. The menu was wide and varied and the selection good. It was very reasonably priced and the quality and presentation were superb. I would heartily recommend it to all our friends. We are going back to Belfast for the visit of the tall ships and will definitely eat there again. The only downside of the trip was the power of the shower. Other than that it was a fantastic start to our holday. The entire staff we dealt with were friendly, informative and approachable and our waiter Attila was excellent. Many thanks to all for making our one night stop so enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The Hotel Europa was conveniently located. The room was clean and well appointed. I had dinner one night in the restaurant and it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But one of the most amazing things was the post-stay follow up. I completed the hotel survey and got a personalized message back, responding to one of my comments that I missed a nice deep bathtub in my room.

Oh and I got a GREAT online rate!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank araliciar
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We booked for three nights with e-bookers as they had the best B&B rate. The date of arrival was my birthday and the hotel kindly upgraded us to an executive room (I think that is what the receptionist said). It was a very good room, with decent sensible lighting, spacious with a working table and I think no less than four chairs. The room was fresh, clean and welcoming. The bathroom was modern and well equipped - it even had a super-magnified shaving mirror which could actually be lit up (yes, ladies this is important!). We were a bit short on toiletries first night but this was subsequently sorted out.
The only meals we had were three breakfasts, As I said above try to get a B&B rate as the breakfast was priced at £16, ridiculous but there you are! If you can't get a decent B&B rate don't worry - just walk towards the city centre where you will find many cafes offering breakfast quite cheaply (it is called an "Ulster Fry"). The hotel breakfast was OK after you master the toaster - once round hardly touched, twice round burnt. It was a buffet but it was acceptably hot - not the best hotel breakfast I have ever had but more than adequate.
The staff were without exception helpful and pleasant, There are two bars - one at ground level which is the more obvious - and the other (the piano bar) on the first floor with views to the main road exterior to the hotel. The former can attract people from outside the hotel; the latter is much more pleasant and refined in my view. and was a nice place to have a drink. On the other hand just across the road you will find a traditional pub (owned by the National Trust!) called the "Crown Bar " which puts the "Q" into quaint. Well worth a visit.
One last word! I should mention the location of the hotel. It is next to the Europa Bus Station - buses to all over and including the Airport. It was nice to arrive from the Airport and find ourselves next to the hotel. in addition the hotel is only about a ten minute walk to the City Hall and the City Centre. The open-top tourist bus stops nearby. Sorry to go on but i should mention that the Concierge was very good. There were about four that I could see (rotating) but they were all good and they can arrange you a trip to (for example) the Giant' Causeway, being picked up at the hotel.
We had an excellent stay and I would unreservedly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hibees43
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Arrived at hotel at 9pm was greeted at reception by friendly receptionist staff who was very informative and helpful. We had two rooms booked which were on different floors the receptionist moved our rooms so we could be together on the same floor. The room we stayed in was on the top floor and had amazing views over great victoria street. our bedroom was spotless and the bathroom toiletries was the white company of london which was a nice touch. The best was yet to come as the bed was the most comfortable bed i have slept in at a hotel and i had a wonderful nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gmck33
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights in july 09. The front reception staff were great - check in was very quick and efficient. The room was very clean and lovely - the beds were really comfy. The breakfast was excellent.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and it would be my first choice. I stayed at the travelodge the week before for a night which was not comparable to the Europa.

Great staff, great hotel, great value. keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business