“Would have stayed longer”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
NJ
“Would have stayed longer”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

On a trip through Northern Ireland only spent one night in Belfast. Next time we will stay longer. Great city and the people were just as great. The hotel staff were helpful and accommodating. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. Great location and great value..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TonyandKaren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Recently visited Europa Hotel on two occasions. I found the staff, reception, conceigier and restaurant to be most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable on local issues. Rooms were comfortable and both evening meals were excellent being well presented and delicious. (Richard does a good job here) I can recommend this superb hotel to all who wish to stay in a city centre environment with many nearby facilities.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank gmgraham
PogMo
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Left for a walkabout and asked reception to fix the broken heating while away. Returned some hours later to find the keycard would not open the room. Found out that we had been deleted from the system. Happily no one else had been inadvertently checked into our room in the meantime. Imagine what if. No apology as the 'system error' was being correct, even as I was being asked to give my full name. Noone had fixed the heating either. I had the distinct impression that the staff could not care less and cut our stay at Europa short a day, leaving for the Fitzwilliam next door, same price but so much better. We felt we had truly arrived in Belfast after settling into the Fitz, not this tin shell of an anachronism. Not recommended

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thoin
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Worst Experience Ever. 03rd of July 2010.
This has to be the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. My first time in Belfast & it has left a very sour taste. When we arrived the two young men on the door were lovely but this is where the 4 stars started & ended. I have never in my entire life come across such ignorant & bigoted staff in my life. In this day & age they should be ashamed of themselves. 4 of us travelled up from Co Kildare to a GAA match. We had to wait ages in the Restaurant for our meal. No apologies, no steak knives & the staff were not very friendly. There was NO mention of any special rules or regulations on check in. For starters the MANAGER stormed in to our room at 5 o’clock in the morning, never knocked or anything. Thank god 1 of the girls was fully clothed when he stormed in saying he was charging her €50 because she was smoking in a non smoking room. She dually put out the cigarette & apologised immediately. Between us we had 2 rooms, 1 had no smoking signs & the other 1 had no signs anywhere. I was in the residents bar at this time & was walking to the front door to have a cigarette when a resident shouted at me out of the blue walking down the stairs [---] SOUTHERNERS I was in shock but just kept walking & when I got to the front door I told the security man on the door what had happened he just laughed. He thought this was very funny he asked what room I was in & when I told him he said o ye funny things going on in that room???? What he was on about god only knows?? I went on to bed, but at 12 o’clock the next morning while we were getting ready to leave our room, the front desk rang & a very obnoxious male voice said when are leaving I said we are going now in a few minutes, he said how long because if I want to I can charge you €20 an hour because you are suppose to check out at 11 o’clock. First time we heard this??? When we were checking out we were charged €50 for smoking in a non smoking room, & threatened by the manager that he could call the police if he wanted to, we explained there were no signs but the Manager the same guy that stormed into our room at 5 o’clock wasn’t having any of it. This Hotel does not want people from the South of Ireland staying here so to everyone from the South don’t attempt to stay here at any time. Disgraceful Hotel & Disgraceful Staff. Faulty Towers is putting it mildly..NEVER AGAIN..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank denisemcgann
cork
Reviewed 9 July 2010

great hotel so central to everywere nice room nice staff cant complain it was brill il be back again if im going to belfast

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jeff333
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I stayed at the europa in late june 2010, I have to say that I found my experience extremely enjoyable.
The room we had was fastidiously presented and was excellent, with all the items I like to see, i.e. i dock, flat screen T.V. and of course a kettle for that oblititory cup of tea at the end of the evening! Before we went out, we decided to kick off proceedings with cocktails in the first floor bar, we were served immediately, and nothing represented a problem, we were made to feel very special.
In the morning we had breakfast, which I found to be excellent and very sustaining.
All in all a very enjoyable stay in belfast, complemented by our stay at the Europa, which I would recommend to anyone looking somewhere special to stay in Belfast.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank mayfl0wer2010
Dublin
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I work as an account manager having a territory nationwide, in general there is nothing to match the comfort of your own home, but if I was to consider a close alternative it would be, each time I have stayed in the Europa Belfast, with the warmth of local based staff to welcome you, they try to cater for your every need, to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and encourage your return. I had a very nice experience of impeccable customer service with an employee called Mary, all staff however, have always shown me warmth, courtesy and professionalism. It is not often enough that acknowledgement is made of nice experiences had, to make this challenging world that bit more tolerable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business