“Quite Classy”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Quite Classy”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here for one night in May on business. The location is good if you are in East Belfast or are flying out of George Best City Airport. Very clean and tidy hotel with spotless, comfortable, spacious and warm room. Staff are extremely efficient and the the restuarant choice suited me perfectly. The breakfast in the morning is superb with great tasting Irish Sausages with great staff on duty.

Football was on TV in the evenining and I like a bit of an atmosphere but the sound was turned down in the open plan bar due to a good musician/singer playing in the reception/foyer area and a wedding fayre taking place. The singer was good but I would have preferred the sound up on the football and staff informed me that on other nights it is.

Good quality hotel so if you like a hotel which is quite reserved then this is for you. If you like a bit of atmosphere to relax in after work when the football is on, then it is not. We all have different tastes so if you like quite and relaxed with a bit of class then this is for you. The bar prices are a bit steep.

Big plus for this hotel is the staff. That and the fact that the hotel is classy is why I have rated it very good even although I love a bit of atmosphere and the sound up with my football.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gerrym49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Our trip to Belfast was due to a family member falling ill whilst over on holiday. The Stormont Hotel staff could not have been nicer to us. They all went out of their way to make us feel welcome and really looked after us. The hotel itself is absolutely lovely and really comfortable. Even the basic rooms are lovely and clean and have everything you need in them. The restaurants serve excellent food and the cocktail bar and lounge area is a nice place to sit and have a drink and relax. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the belfast area and this is by far the worst of the bunch, first of all the place has no atmosphere at all!! It felt uncomfortable spending any time in the hotel, that was topped off by staff who looked uncomfortable in their jobs and have obviously never had any customer service training. The interior of the hotel is definatly not a 4star standard, the furniture in the room seemed cheap and it looks as though corners have been cut on quality throughout the hotel, If you compare this to other 4star hotels in belfast e.g. Ten square or malmaison there is a world of difference.
now to the main reason for writing the review, we were booked in for two nights with one breakfast, there was no special pre pay rate it was just a standard booking over the phone the bill was to be settled upon depature. We went for breakfast the first morning at 10.35 and was told breakfast finished at 10.30 and there was no food left, which was a bit annoying as this would have been no problem for 99% of other hotels in the world never mind belfast. I let this issue go knowing I could take the breakfast the next morning. As it happens I slept in the next morning and missed breakfast which I thought would have been no problem as I had not paid the bill yet and there is no way they were going to charge us for breakfast we did not eat. I was wrong!! they charged us for breakfast both mornings totaling £32! when I took this up with the manager on duty she told me in an impolite manner that we booked breakfast so we would have to pay for it! I explained that it was not a special pre pay rate and we booked direct with the hotel and did not consume any food so the hotel would not loose any money by refunding the £32. This was met with the answer "it is up to ones self whether they come down for breakfast" which did not really answer my question so I asked how they could charge us for 4 meals we did not eat she repeated "it is up to ones self whether they come down for breakfast" so I ended up paying the bill and walking out. This just topped off what was truly and awful stay in one of the worst hotels I have ever visited. this is the only hotel I have ever stayed that forced me to write a trip advisor review, I felt I had to warn potential guests about this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank clonoej
London
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel just outside the city. Good food in Scala Restaurant. Special deals before 7pm are worthwhile. Some road noise from outer rooms close to road. Good standard decor and amenities. Great service from Belfast staff

• Stayed May 2012
Southport UK
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is well situated for Belfast. Far enough out of Belfast to make you think you are in the countryside yet near enough to get a bus into Belfast (30min). The rooms were average size.Food was good value in the restaurant as long as you eat before 7pm (different price). The hotel needed a pool to make it a excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stef1940
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Absolutely dreadful. Room was shabby, burn marks on the comfy chairs, damaged bath panel with a big crack in it held on by random screws, bathroom handle had obviously fallen off at some time and and been screwed back on with screws that didn't fit the holes, my husbands head stuck to something sticky on the bed head, walls were paper thin so we could hear everything from all the rooms around us. Half the price would have taken us to a Premier Inn which would have been far superior. 4* hotel? Don't make me laugh! We were in a 'superior double', looking out at a brick wall down several flights of stairs with no lift access. Window and door opened into a corridor so no fresh air. Horrible experience. Complained at reception to no avail or apology.

Room Tip: Ask if you're going to be stuck in a 'City Room'. If so, avoid like the plague!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
wales
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Had a lovely stay on business with a lovely room with view of parliament buildings and grounds very comfortabl. Food plentiful and varied and staff very pleasant particularly whilst eating alone on 1st night I was made to feel welcome.
Would suit many types of traveller and special occasions catered for.However its a fair way out of the city so car hire /taxi/bus needed. Highly recommend

Room Tip: rooms facing city are very sunny
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business