“Love it !!”

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Love it !!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I am from Belfast but I love the stormont hotel I would stay with the family :p the reception is amazing and all staff are friendly and help with whatever you need the rooms are big and we got free wifi which was amazing !! The food is amazing we went twice and breakfast is very yummy !! Overall anyone who comes to Belfast should stay at stormont and you will definitely enjoy it !!! I highly recommend it !!!!!

Room Tip: Choose an executive room they have free wifi
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks for the great review good to hear that the locals are using us aswell as our overseas visitors.
Hope to see yopu again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Bottom line, I would stay again. The bad is there was no wifi in the rooms unless you pay, the bartender served my wife Pinot Grigio in a filthy glass but quickly offered to change it after she started trying to clean it herself, and we were given a group meal which was terrible. It was obvious they got their money from the group and didn't care much for the food that was being put on the table.

The room was comfortable and clean and the bathroom was updated nicely. Breakfast was also nice and they put out a bottle of Bushmills to spike your porridge if you wish.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jdula
I am glad you would return to the hotel .

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at Belfast on our recent holiday and first trip to Northern Ireland. I was well aware that the Stormont was out of the city centre but accommodation choices were hard to find for our dates and it sounded OK. This hotel was a real contradiction - some elements were great and others well below average. Here's a quick overview:

Below Average:
- Arrival didnt start well. There is no porter at the door to help you with luggage which is a bit unusual for a hotel of this size. My husband dropped me at the door with our 2 x large bags and other bits. Reception is up a flight of stairs (I later discovered) and as I didnt want to leave my luggage managed to find a trolley and wrestle the bags on it. I later discovered that 2 girls in reception had watched me do this but didnt feel it necessary to call out or get a porter.
- Reception team couldnt have been less interested in helping us get to know the hotel and it was like extracting teeth trying to get information out of them. We were the only 2 people at reception so it wasnt like it was busy. The reception team were really ordinary our whole stay.
- Belfast was experiencing an uncommon heatwave and the room we stayed in was not air conditioned and probably the hottest room I have ever stayed in - so we were really uncomfortable and sleeping was difficult. The windows would only open about 3 inches and virtually no air could get in due to the thick walls. A bit unfortunate as the rooms were comfortable and I imagine really cosy to stay in the more normal chilly/wet Belfast weather. I am Australian and have lived through quite a few much hotter summers than this without aircon but never so hot a room. A tip - if it is hot and the room faces the west - keep the room curtains closed to keep the room cooler.
- Breakfast was expensive and not a lot of choice. Better to go somewhere else for the money and not representative of other Irish hotels we stayed at.

The Good:
- La Scala Bistro. We were tired after a long day of travel and decided to dine at the Bistro. We were a bit wary after the great reception on arrival but were really pleasantly surprised. Lovely wait staff and the menu was great. We really enjoyed the food and the team were terrific. We like it so much we went back again for another meal and enjoyed it just as much. The Bistro team dont do the breakfast - it is in the other restaurant.
- Bar Staff were also great and very helpful with tips on things to do and see around Belfast and further afield. We were on our way to the Giants Causeway and the Bar man suggested we drop into Ballygally Castle for lunch (another Hasting Hotel). Great village, great castle and a great lunch.

A different reception and some help with the bags would have made the world of difference to this review.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenY_Travels
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I have taken all your feedback on board and addressed the issues you have raised.
Glad you enjoyed the reataurant experience.
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

A bit out the way for a trip to Belfast. Nice and clean with big rooms and giant bed though. Could do with a leisure facility. I had a nice walk up to the castle but Got locked in. Be careful, I had to jump the fence.

• Stayed July 2013
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay.
There is a sign on the gates to tell closing times.
we are on the main bus route to belfast which takes 15 mins to city centre.
We also use David lloyd sports centre and get complimentary use for guests.
hopefully this information will be helpful for your next visit.
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was the second time my family and I have stayed at the Stormont and it won't be my last. The hotel is in a great location and the service provided by the staff is second to none. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, we coulld not fault anything at all. The rooms are perfect and kept wonderfully clean.The beds are the most comfortable that I have slept in anywhere.All the hotel staff were fantastic and friendly and buffet breakfasts in the didning room are marvellous - I need to exercise a bit more now to burn off the extra calories. The public areas are well kept and the wifi very handy too. All in all I don't think I would stay anywhere else if I was visiting Belfast. I did not use the leisure centre that was availablle, but if I was staying longer then I would have, as it was a bonus having that facility if I wanted it.Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a great stay.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, they are all great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SimonwMurray1
Thanks you for your great comments
Staffordshire, England
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here on business during the G8 and overall was impressed by the hotel.

Positives- The staff were professional and polite and the hotel was very clean and modern.
The rooms were good quality with excellent bathroom facilities with decent bath and shower with good water pressure.
Bar service was good and quick and staff made you feel welcome.

Negatives- Quality of breakfast was not brilliant although acceptable but service could have been better. Some mornings you would order poached eggs and they would never arrive.
The hotel also does not do a lunchtime menu in the bar or reception area and we could not get any food at all on Fathers Day despite being paid guests at hotel because they were full with bookings from outside. I did not think this was acceptable considering we had paid a lot to stay here.
Hotel advertises a fitness suite etc however it does not have one and it was removed sometime ago. It is a 30 min walk to a local gym you can use through the hotel. Don't be fooled by this advertisement.

However overall very good and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Great feedback thanks
Dublin
Reviewed 5 July 2013

we stayed in the stormont hotel and was a excellent place to stay. The beds were soooo confortable. The decor of the hotel was very nice and the staff were excellent in helping us get around our first time in belfast, the bar girl seen us playing cards while drinking and when at the bar i said im not sure of the rules to go fish we are prob just making them up, after getting our drinks she went off printed the rules of the game and handed them to us, sums up the little extra things they would do. WIFI free in the lounge, Right on the gates of stormont so great location form the city centre and Titanic Quarter etc. overall very good place to staty

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review great feedback I have passd onto staff.