“Continually high standards”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I used to stay in this hotel regularly on business and was never disappointed. This was the first time I stayed on holiday, though just for 1 night as I was passing through. I am glad to report that the standards have not declined and that I found the staff as helpful and courteous as before. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable and very quiet so we had an excellent night's sleep. The breakfast was delicious - I had really missed the wheaten bread!

An excellent stay - we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel last night for a function. The food was poorly cooked vastly overpriced and meanly portioned. The head restaurant manager as I assume he was was extremely rude to the guests and this rudeness and lack of respect and hospitality seemed to resonate down the line to some other members of the waiting and bar staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dede d
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Basically the Stormont is a chain owned factory hotel, working to a standard and nothing else. Yes, the standard is high, but it's soulless lacking in any imagination apart from tbe magic "formula" and not somewhere id want to stay for more than a couple of nights. Unfortunately I stayed for a week, with few notable exceptions, it would appear that most of tbe staff are plugged in to recharge overnight, so plastic is the operation, and housekeeping left a lot to be desired. I have stayed in less expensive, less well specced hotels, and felt far more welcome. Great for a weekend or overnight, but nothing more.

• Stayed: October 2013
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for the review I am sorry you felt we did not make you as welcome as you expected.
This was cetainly not our intention.
I have taken your comments on board and will address at our next head of department meeting.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

When I first looked at the hotel on the internet I thought my kids would kill me because there was no swimming pool. But they LOVED it. The rooms are kept spotless. They look brand new. The dinner is amazing.(I loved the rib-eye steak)! Though the value wasn't to great. With soft drinks £2:50 for only 200ml. But overall it was outstanding.

1  Thank Marktheguy

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, glad you enjoyed your stay.
Tip for your next stay we get complimentary use of the David Lloyd complex which has an indoor and outdoor pool.just ask at reception

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Stormount is excellent value for money. The hotel rooms are attractively furnished with beds you just sink into. The room was spotlessly clean, warm and has all the facilities you need.
Food is delicious too

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Great feed back thanks, glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I do not know why you end your responses with I hope to see you again soon!
My point is there was no choice of wine with the £15 menu and the menu was only made available to us after I had asked for it.
I wasn't staying in the hotel so room service was off no use to me!
I stay frequently at 4 and 5 star hotels in Dublin and don't even pay £7 a glass. Maybe an idea to add some cheaper house wine and reduce the cost of your soft drinks and more people would probably dine more often.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

After having looked at the menu i remembered that they had an offer displayed on the board outside. I then asked the waiter did it apply to a Sunday to be told yes and we were then given the menu. It included a glass of wine but no choice so tough luck if you didnt like Chardonnay.the food was excellent but the drinks a rip off! £2.50 for a small glass of coke and £7 for a glass of wine, will certainly think twice about going back and little wonder there were only 2 other tables taken in the restaurant.
I had also been on a Friday night 2 weeks prior to this and they weren't even serve us a sandwich at the bar infact there was no food available unless you ate in La Scala which stopped serving at 930pm. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: October 2013
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your food.
The dine with wine menu does have two courses and a glass of wine included ,this is very keenly priced at £15 per person and does not lend itself to a wide wine selection , we have tried to match the wine with the menu choice to the best of our ability.
Our prices are in keeping with other four star properties.
We do not serve snack food at anytime in the lounge but there is a room service menu available 24 hours a day which serves sandwiches.
The restaurant opens until ten I will investigate why you were told 9.30. Thank you for highlighting this for me.
I hope to see you again soon.