“Very comfortable”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Montrose, Scotland
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at the Stormont twice recently for three nights each time. I found the reception and restaurant staff to be efficient and courteous. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious and clean. The buffet style breakfast was good and set me up for the day. I ate in La Scala each evening and found the service to be very efficient. I will certainly be staying at the Stormont on my next visit to Belfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My Mum, daughter & I had the 6 course buffet here on Sunday. We were all impressed with the variety of starters & desserts. We did not sample the soup or pasta/omelette courses. There was a choice of 4 meats plus potatoes & vegetables as the main course. As well as the desserts table there was also an ice-cream bar & chocolate fountain. The food we had was all well prepared/cooked/presented. The staff were very helpful telling me which items were gluten & dairy free. Although £24 each is not cheap the quality & service made it somewhere we will return to.

1 Thank Hazel1959
N. Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a really lovely lunch today at the Stormont Hotel. Plenty of choice for us all and the children loved the food, very friendly helpful staff. The only thing I would say is that its expensive £24 per adult £13 per child so not something we will be doing again soon. It was special today and we all really enjoyed it.

1 Thank JayN_Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I spent in this hotel 3 nights. Room is spacious with a very comfortable bed, flat TV, hairdryer, tea&coffee facilities. Breakfast choice is poor. In comparison with similar European hotels, breakfast options should be broaden. Generally, nothing special. Just standard English breakfast. Continental option looks poor. Generally, the whole buffet looks poor. Big minus – they charge for Wi-Fi. Nowadays when everybody has smartphones and tablets, Internet should be for FREE. It is not luxury to have access to Internet. Hotel management should understand it and change charging clients.
Hotel restaurant- a mystery for me. We ate there 3 times. Food – not bad. Definitely lovely salmon. Thai curry – no spaces, nothing special. Quite good steaks. But let me tell you about booking tables in this restaurant. First night when we arrived, we were informed that we need to book a table as restaurant was fully booked so we did. We came on the agreed hour and how surprised we were. Almost nobody in the restaurant. It was suspicious but who cared. Second night we did not book a table as we saw that there were plenty of tables. We came to the restaurant reception seeing that there were plenty of free tables.The lady asked us if we got reservation!!!She told us to sit and wait!!!Could you image, 15 free tables and we waited. We started laughing. Last night, we booked table again as we were assured that restaurant was again fully booked. And imagine: again, was empty. We think that something really is wrong with this “booking”policy. We did not figure out why they are doing it but last night we found it funny. Perhaps, it is some kind of a play: make us thinking over the dinner about how fully booked they are but in fact they aren’t?
Overall, very nice hotel however Internet should be for free, better breakfast and stop playing with customers with a play “fully booked restaurant”.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Agusia01
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Even though this was a quick overnighter before an early flight to London it is worth writing a review; this is a beautiful hotel where one can have acomfy night's sleep with restaurants and fitness centre on site. Just a stone's throw from the airport and a short (10-15mins) bus ride from the city (a few buses such as 4a and b come this way) this is a perfect location. We didn't eat in the hotel but the facilities looked great.

1 Thank LexW
England
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Here on business - I stay in many hotels with my work and this is one of the best. The staff are professional but friendly and very knowledgable. The room was superb. Mattress, pillows and bedding top rate. Bathroom first class. Only issue I had was the mixer tap wouldn't work properly in the shower so slight problem in the morning. However cant rate this place high enough.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank FortyEngland
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I used to stay in this hotel regularly on business and was never disappointed. This was the first time I stayed on holiday, though just for 1 night as I was passing through. I am glad to report that the standards have not declined and that I found the staff as helpful and courteous as before. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable and very quiet so we had an excellent night's sleep. The breakfast was delicious - I had really missed the wheaten bread!

An excellent stay - we'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple