“Rather dissapointed - not 4 star service”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Canada
“Rather dissapointed - not 4 star service”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Arrived with my sister for a nice evening as I was flying back to Canada the next morning. Check in went well - nice staff. Booked an alarm call for me 4,30am and promised a continental breakfast as we were leaving early. Went to our room - which was small but clean seemed very bland. However beds were very comforatble and shower was great.
Went to the bar to watch the Ireland rugby match - as it was 4pm we just wanted a snack dinner was at 6pm however our only option was to have their afternoon tea menue at 16 pounds a head this had scones, cakes, and a variity of things, I asked was there anything else we could snack on the waitress came back with a "small" bowl of crisps (potato chips) I noticed on my bill I was charged 10 pounds for this "little snack" SHOCKING - we went to have dinner which was very nice then off to bed to watch TV before our early start. I went to the reception at 4,15am there was no one arround so changed and brought down the cases so we had time for a little breakfast - still no one around a cleaner told us to call on the phone to get service - the overnight porter arrived to check me out I asked about our breakfast and he said there is non I knew nothing about it..........GREAT off to a 14 hour trip and no breakfast .....but the best of all when I checked my bill I was charged for it. Another traveller leaving at the same time as us said he had expected breakfast as he too was on a long journey. As this hotel is near the airport they MUST have many early departures surely it can't be that hard to have breakfast for them.

While the hotel is modern and very clean I would NOT rate as a 4 star
I will be in contact to have the overcharge removed as I find this unacceptable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosie778

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions now. Each time it exceeds expectations. The hotel itself is very modern and yet comfortable. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and the rooms are excellent. There is a card in the rooms explaining about the beds and bedding. I thought this was over the top on my first stay - until I slept in the bed. Amazing quality and on all three occasions I had the best sleep. They are right to be proud of this!
More than the hotel itself, the staff are courteous and knowledgable. Nothing is too much trouble. Having brought a student group to this hotel before I can say that they were treated with the same respect as adult guests would expect (not always the case in some hotels).
The hotel is located right across the road from Parliament Buildings in the Stormont Estate so a visit there is highly recommended. Do bear in mind that you have to book this in advance. The hotel is not within walking distance of the city centre so it is best to get a taxi if you don't have your own car.
After three excellent experiences at this hotel, I will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
edinburgh
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My one night stay was very comfortable. I was impressed by the attention to detail - the very comfortable bed, the decaf tea in the room, the easy to use and powerful shower, and a booklet at breakfast describing where all the produce comes from. Free range eggs etc. Only thing I'd say is that the disabled loo leaves a lot to be desired, difficult to find and difficult for someone with visual impairment to use.... only thing though. The staff were all great, very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 156 has a lovely corner window...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
dungannon
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night as was going to xfactor show and the staff where extremely helpful aswell as very friendly and polite. We had a few minor hitches with room when arrived due to a mix up with my request not being noted when booking but manager norman was brilliant and sorted us out straight away and we were moved to a new room which then had a boiler problem which was not the staffs fault but we were moved to a suite and a staff member came and helped us carry our luggage could not fault the staff at all! Renee from housekeeping was extremely pleasent and even came and had a chat before we left and also stuart? I think thats what he was called helped us out in a big way. The staff at stormont really go the extra mile to satisfy their clients and we will certainly be back again

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

CHECK IN Tried to check in at 2.15 only to be told our room wasn't ready , sat in lobby & had afternoon tea . Room still wasn't ready at 4.45 & they had to change us to another room .

AFTERNOON TEA Not worth the money , 3 sandwiches , 2 mini scones , 1 slice fruit loaf & 4 assorted mini desserts ( stale ) between 2 people .

ROOM 048 very spacious but housekeeping need to learn how to use a duster , thick dust on headboard , tv , mirror , lamps etc .

LA SCALA Food tasty .

SHIRAZ Breakfast delicious .

CHECK OUT Good .

Settled down for a good nights sleep which we never got . 12am doors banging in corridors , 1am room above tv turned up loud , 3am people outside shouting , 4am people outside talking very loud , constant noise from taxis & traffic outside front ( & our room ) . Could not get through to reception from room phone to complain .

Will definitely think twice before booking into this hotel again !!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ktcooper
Pooler, Georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel was a one night stop as part of a 13 day group tour of the United Kingdom.This was a nice comfortable hotel, but a little dated by some standards. It is located a little away from downtown and away from the many signs and billboards of the past "troubles". The room was large, roomy and comfortable. Wifi is only available in the lobby. The bar was small but offered a wide selection of beverages. Our dinner and breakfast was good and hearty. This location is not near any stores or shopping opportunities, but is quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: All room must be equally the same. Wifi is only available in the lobby and bar area.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here only once and even that was too much. The hotel looks lovely but...... The central heating pipes groaned and creaked all night keeping me awake. There was little atmosphere in the bar area and the staff appeared to be half asleep. There was no table service and we had to go to the bar each time even though the staff walked past and seemed to be oblivious that our glasses were empty. The food in the restaurant was ok. Rooms themselves were large and comfy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business