“Character Free Convenience”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here because my wife was presenting at a conference. As a business hotel it is fine but it is out of town and modern. I arrived late but there is no food in the bar and my wife had already eaten so did not want to sit in the restaurant to watch me eat.
The buffet breakfast was good. Staff are typical for Northern Ireland - friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmershamMan
There are newer reviews for Stormont Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here for a night while on business, checked in fine and was sent to a room with two single beds. The beds are narrow and small, comfortable but small. Room was clean, large and warm, good dark out curtains. Nice shower but a shortage of shampoos and gels. Had a meal in the restaurant, chowder to start and scampi for main. The chowder tasted good but had too many fish bones in it, was unable to eat it, shame! The main was a small basket of hand cut chips and scampi along with a dry pasty dip. I ate it all as I was hungry, still hungry when I finished. Food could be a bit better. Staff nice though.
Emergency toothbrush kit was £1.50, should be complimentary!
Good free wifi all around the hotel. I will visit again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kitser1
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and four work companions stayed here for 2 nights as we were working nearby
Hotel was beautiful, beds were amazing. Bar staff and reception went out of their way to make our stay perfect and the lovely Margaret in the breakfast room made sure we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast
We dined in the restaurant on both nights and food was amazing, however this was slightly overshadowed by one female member of the restaurant staff who's customer service left a lot to be desired. However, we all agreed that this would not deter us from returning.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at the Stormont after a wedding last week and we enjoyed our stay very much.
The staff were very friendly and the 'Executive Suite' was very good value for money. The room was spacious and the amenities you normally have to ask for (iron, ironing board etc) were already provided in the room.

We booked a travel cot for our 21 month-old and it was in our room as promised, assembled and ready for when we checked in (past his bedtime!)

The only suggestion I would make is to bring your own toddler/baby pillow and blanket. A very thin blanket was provided, but this was insufficient for Winter. Luckily, we had a blanket in the car which we improvised with. There was also no pillow, so he had one of mine. Not ideal as it was too big for him really. Aside from those things, he did enjoy the complimentary rubber duck!

Breakfast was amazing. A huge selection, including an impressive range of local produce, Guinness Bread and porridge with whiskey!

I would definitely recommend The Stormont Hotel for affordable luxury.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Arrived with my sister for a nice evening as I was flying back to Canada the next morning. Check in went well - nice staff. Booked an alarm call for me 4,30am and promised a continental breakfast as we were leaving early. Went to our room - which was small but clean seemed very bland. However beds were very comforatble and shower was great.
Went to the bar to watch the Ireland rugby match - as it was 4pm we just wanted a snack dinner was at 6pm however our only option was to have their afternoon tea menue at 16 pounds a head this had scones, cakes, and a variity of things, I asked was there anything else we could snack on the waitress came back with a "small" bowl of crisps (potato chips) I noticed on my bill I was charged 10 pounds for this "little snack" SHOCKING - we went to have dinner which was very nice then off to bed to watch TV before our early start. I went to the reception at 4,15am there was no one arround so changed and brought down the cases so we had time for a little breakfast - still no one around a cleaner told us to call on the phone to get service - the overnight porter arrived to check me out I asked about our breakfast and he said there is non I knew nothing about it..........GREAT off to a 14 hour trip and no breakfast .....but the best of all when I checked my bill I was charged for it. Another traveller leaving at the same time as us said he had expected breakfast as he too was on a long journey. As this hotel is near the airport they MUST have many early departures surely it can't be that hard to have breakfast for them.

While the hotel is modern and very clean I would NOT rate as a 4 star
I will be in contact to have the overcharge removed as I find this unacceptable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosie778
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions now. Each time it exceeds expectations. The hotel itself is very modern and yet comfortable. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and the rooms are excellent. There is a card in the rooms explaining about the beds and bedding. I thought this was over the top on my first stay - until I slept in the bed. Amazing quality and on all three occasions I had the best sleep. They are right to be proud of this!
More than the hotel itself, the staff are courteous and knowledgable. Nothing is too much trouble. Having brought a student group to this hotel before I can say that they were treated with the same respect as adult guests would expect (not always the case in some hotels).
The hotel is located right across the road from Parliament Buildings in the Stormont Estate so a visit there is highly recommended. Do bear in mind that you have to book this in advance. The hotel is not within walking distance of the city centre so it is best to get a taxi if you don't have your own car.
After three excellent experiences at this hotel, I will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My one night stay was very comfortable. I was impressed by the attention to detail - the very comfortable bed, the decaf tea in the room, the easy to use and powerful shower, and a booklet at breakfast describing where all the produce comes from. Free range eggs etc. Only thing I'd say is that the disabled loo leaves a lot to be desired, difficult to find and difficult for someone with visual impairment to use.... only thing though. The staff were all great, very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 156 has a lovely corner window...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business