“Not an American Buffet!”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very good, breakfast excellent but totally agree with other review regarding buffet. Really very poor! Hotdog or burger and nachos this was your lot! I couldnt believe the price of wine in the hotel £7.50 a glass total rip off!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from a night at the stormont hotel Elvis show with American style buffet dinner well if a burger in a box and a tiny box of nachos is an American style buffet that is show was good hotel lovely but very disappointed with the food not at all what we expected from a hotel of this caliber if we wanted a burger in a box plenty of fast food outlets to choose from!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Until recently I've never set foot in the doors of the stormont hotel. The reason for this is because I only love 5 minutes away from the hotel. I won a competition to have an over night stay with breakfast and I am so glad I did because it's an excellent hotel, rooms staff & food are all amazing I couldn't fault a thing about it & I will definitely be staying again and recommending the hotel to others.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here because my wife was presenting at a conference. As a business hotel it is fine but it is out of town and modern. I arrived late but there is no food in the bar and my wife had already eaten so did not want to sit in the restaurant to watch me eat.
The buffet breakfast was good. Staff are typical for Northern Ireland - friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmershamMan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here for a night while on business, checked in fine and was sent to a room with two single beds. The beds are narrow and small, comfortable but small. Room was clean, large and warm, good dark out curtains. Nice shower but a shortage of shampoos and gels. Had a meal in the restaurant, chowder to start and scampi for main. The chowder tasted good but had too many fish bones in it, was unable to eat it, shame! The main was a small basket of hand cut chips and scampi along with a dry pasty dip. I ate it all as I was hungry, still hungry when I finished. Food could be a bit better. Staff nice though.
Emergency toothbrush kit was £1.50, should be complimentary!
Good free wifi all around the hotel. I will visit again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kitser1
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and four work companions stayed here for 2 nights as we were working nearby
Hotel was beautiful, beds were amazing. Bar staff and reception went out of their way to make our stay perfect and the lovely Margaret in the breakfast room made sure we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast
We dined in the restaurant on both nights and food was amazing, however this was slightly overshadowed by one female member of the restaurant staff who's customer service left a lot to be desired. However, we all agreed that this would not deter us from returning.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at the Stormont after a wedding last week and we enjoyed our stay very much.
The staff were very friendly and the 'Executive Suite' was very good value for money. The room was spacious and the amenities you normally have to ask for (iron, ironing board etc) were already provided in the room.

We booked a travel cot for our 21 month-old and it was in our room as promised, assembled and ready for when we checked in (past his bedtime!)

The only suggestion I would make is to bring your own toddler/baby pillow and blanket. A very thin blanket was provided, but this was insufficient for Winter. Luckily, we had a blanket in the car which we improvised with. There was also no pillow, so he had one of mine. Not ideal as it was too big for him really. Aside from those things, he did enjoy the complimentary rubber duck!

Breakfast was amazing. A huge selection, including an impressive range of local produce, Guinness Bread and porridge with whiskey!

I would definitely recommend The Stormont Hotel for affordable luxury.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family