“4 Star delight”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Beautiful surroundings and beautiful room.
Clean, comfortable bed and excellent service.
Given a room near the reception and restaurant as I am disabled.
Restaurant had fantastic menus and great service at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Great review thanks
Glad we could meet all your needs
Hope to see you again soon

There are newer reviews for Stormont Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I called at the hotel on Friday the 9th May 2014, with the view of charging my electric car at the ecar charging point as I watched the Giro D'Italia passing the hotel.

Imagine my disappoint to find the charger defective on arrival and despite two remote reboots it still would not work.

This was no way the responsibilty of the hotel as they just host the charger, but as I left the car park I met Michael of the hotel staff.

I explained by predicament and enquiried if they had an external power point at the hotel. He brought me to a utility bay and there allowed me to plug in my car with the help of an extension cable I carry for such emergencies.

I was then able to charge my car, and enjoy the giro.

The service was 1st class and well above and beyond what they had to do. Once again thanks to Michael and the Stormont Hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I will pass your thanks onto Michael
Hope you enjoyed the Giro !

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Last minute booking. What a choice. Perfect situation to watch the cycling. The hotel was fantastic. Great effort in decor for the giro. The room was spotlessly clean. The comfiest be I've slept in, ever zzz. Food was good, service excellent and very friendly staff. No need to go on. Will definitely use this hotel again. Thanks for making our stay perfectx

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine S

Thank you for the very positive review
It is refreshing for the staff to get this sort of feedback I will pass onto all departments

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice, clean hotel, but nothing special. For this price I really expected more. The standard room are big enough. Nice, clean. Large bed and nice bathroom. The room was situated at the main entrance and parking place side. During a party you will hear loud people till late and lorries doing their deliveries in the (early) morning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBenMan

I am not sure were we did not meet your expectations .
Please email me if you wish to discuss further gm@stor.hastingshotels.com

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Having stayed in town a number of times this hotel was chosen for me for a conference. What a joy to stay in. Despite the hotel being full of cycling teams for the Giro D'Italia I was warmly greeted at reception. Despite arriving really early the hotel did their best to give me my room early.

Ate in La Scala with a large party and again we were looked after very well and those who had steaks were given a real treat.

Room Tip: Try and get 156 or 157 they have fantastic corner windows which make the rooms feel really big. The...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Great review thank you
Really happy you enjoyed your stay and we met all your needs
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Whilst I have no major complaints about this hotel. It was clean bed was comfortable etc I must admit I was disappointed with the room. We paid £128 for executive double ( an upgrade on the superior) and I have to say it was quite small and basic. The shower facilities had clearly been upgraded but there was bit enough pressure to have a really good shower again a disappointment. However in the plus side the room was clean and comfortable and as we were only there one night it was ok. I would not want to stay there for much longer though. In terms of location it was across the road from stormont parliament so good for a picture and only took 15min in taxi into town to see titanic museum. I would rate the hotel average but could be improved with better water pressure and little touches like a turn down service and room service.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thanks for the review
It is great that you enjoyed most of the facilities ,
Maintenance have looked at the showers for me thanks for highlighting this.
We do provide room service and also do turn down if requested .
Try it on your next stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A fantastic hotel. Good sized rooms with very comfortable and large bed. Free wifi, relaxing and rich atmosphere and friendly staff. Good parking and facilities for coach drivers to wash down.

Look forward to staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business