“2 stars because of staff only!”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
New York City, New York
“2 stars because of staff only!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Dear Sir Hastings,

Drop by the Stormont. You will see a hotel that advertises rooms as 'luxurious.' Surely as a 'Sir' you know what luxurious is. The Stormont is not. Tacky rooms, beat-up furniture. Lobby from the 70s. The Stormont, for all intent and purpose is a MOTEL, not a hotel. Sad rooms, devoid of character...but at least they were clean. (Sir Hastings, are you spending all your considerable fortune on the Culloden [see me review]??)

The staff of this motel is great. Friendly, helpful. It is the ONLY reason I gave it two stars.

I must say one more thing: The Breakfast. Oh God. Okay, I know powdered eggs is a UK standard. And maybe these powdered eggs come from green, sustainable, Northern Ireland farms where they are sang folk songs each evening...but the powdered eggs you serve at the Stormont are literally sunk in water. The. Most. Disgusting. Eggs. Ever.

Seriously. Bar none. I travel a lot folks. The Stormont has the most disgusting eggs ever.

Dear Sir Hastings,
You need to eat your Stormont breakfast every day until you change it.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor. I can't imagine ANY of these are beyond MOTEL quality.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DAVID C
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I am sorry you are aggrieved with your visit. I would like to work with you to ensure you are happy with the out come.
My email address is gm@stor.hastingshotels.com I would appreciate you emailing me directly to discuss.
Once again please accept my sincerest apologies that you felt so negatively about your stay as this is not the type of reviews we like to receive.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had my wedding in The Stormont and I cannot recommend the hotel enough! Right from the off Norman was fantastic with his knowledge and recommendations absolutely first class! We had a lot of special requests and last minute changes but nothing was an issue. The rooms where superb and although the hotel was busy with various events going on - all the staff where extremely helpful and always willing to go that extra mile. We ate in the hotel (including the wedding and Sunday lunch) for about 5 days in a row and it was impossible to find a fault in either the breakfast or the dinner!

I have worked in hotels for a long time and know the scene very well but The Stormont is a shining light! The wedding day ran like a dream and its safe to say that all the guests we raving about the food, drink and service. Even the next next in most of their hungover states they demolished the Sunday buffet!

5 Stars isn't high enough recommendation for The Stormont and people like Norman, Julie and Michael and all the staff make this hotel worth visiting!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for the great review
So glad you enjoyed your day
Look forward to seeing you again on your anniversary !
I will pass on you comments to the team
Best wishes for the future
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Did not stay but was at charity ball. Great staff & food served warm & promptly. Very attentive & friendly staff. Lovely bread rolls & trio dessert! Parking is no problem. Can't say much more than that.

Room Tip: N/a. Did not stay but was at charity ball- food & service excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Great review thanks
Our charity events are always a great success
Next time you need to stay over !
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Beautiful surroundings and beautiful room.
Clean, comfortable bed and excellent service.
Given a room near the reception and restaurant as I am disabled.
Restaurant had fantastic menus and great service at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Great review thanks
Glad we could meet all your needs
Hope to see you again soon
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I called at the hotel on Friday the 9th May 2014, with the view of charging my electric car at the ecar charging point as I watched the Giro D'Italia passing the hotel.

Imagine my disappoint to find the charger defective on arrival and despite two remote reboots it still would not work.

This was no way the responsibilty of the hotel as they just host the charger, but as I left the car park I met Michael of the hotel staff.

I explained by predicament and enquiried if they had an external power point at the hotel. He brought me to a utility bay and there allowed me to plug in my car with the help of an extension cable I carry for such emergencies.

I was then able to charge my car, and enjoy the giro.

The service was 1st class and well above and beyond what they had to do. Once again thanks to Michael and the Stormont Hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I will pass your thanks onto Michael
Hope you enjoyed the Giro !
Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Last minute booking. What a choice. Perfect situation to watch the cycling. The hotel was fantastic. Great effort in decor for the giro. The room was spotlessly clean. The comfiest be I've slept in, ever zzz. Food was good, service excellent and very friendly staff. No need to go on. Will definitely use this hotel again. Thanks for making our stay perfectx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine S
Thank you for the very positive review
It is refreshing for the staff to get this sort of feedback I will pass onto all departments
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice, clean hotel, but nothing special. For this price I really expected more. The standard room are big enough. Nice, clean. Large bed and nice bathroom. The room was situated at the main entrance and parking place side. During a party you will hear loud people till late and lorries doing their deliveries in the (early) morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBenMan
I am not sure were we did not meet your expectations .
Please email me if you wish to discuss further gm@stor.hastingshotels.com