Stormont Hotel
US$180
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$91
Agoda.com
US$97
PremierInn.com
1,160 results
All reviewsla scala bistrosunday buffetparliament buildinghastings hotelsporridgerubber ducknice hotelthe general managerexecutive roomcity centrebusiness tripafternoon teasconesrestaurant staffnorthern irelandwould highly recommend this hoteltop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Date of visit 18th August, reason for visit, a business meeting.
Before I start this review I would like to say that I tried to call Norman M (now ex general manager) but after holding for 7min 36sec I gave up, so now I will share my experience with Tripadvisor.

I have just come back from a business meeting I had in the lobby of the Stormont Hotel Belfast and after my experience I will not be using this venue again.

Lobby looks ok, but was very cold and drafty today.

I had set up a meeting with some clients in the Stormont , we got a table which had some used cups on it, a waitress came and cleared the table but did not clean it, it was covered with sugar etc from the last guest, she asked us if we would like something to drink we said we were waiting for someone else and if she could come back which she did. We ordered 2 teas and a coffee, the order came pretty promptly, the waitress then proceeded to place the cups on the still dirty table and I had to ask her to clean it (a four star hotel!!) where is the training!!
As for the tea it was coloured water, £7.00 for a small pot of coloured water.( even the teapot looked like something out of one of those pound shops)
If a four star hotel cannot make a simple cup of tea, what is the rest of their service like?
I use four and five star hotels in the South of Ireland what a difference, service and real hospitality something in my view the Hastings Group has never had.

I did not complain when I was with my clients, but did try to call the hotel and as you read earlier but did not get through.

And finally a free tip as to how to make a good cup of tea

Make sure that the water is boiling and always warm the pot before putting the tea into the pot, you never ever put loose tea or a teabag into a cold pot!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank keith w
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your needs.
I appreciate you highlighting the training issues.
Could I suggest the next time you are having a meeting we can let you have private meeting rooms of which we have 15 this may be more suited to your requirements.
Please feel free to call myself or the deputy manager to discuss further.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Well located hotel slightly out of town. Very friendly and professional staff, good breakfast, clean and very good sized rooms and bathrooms. Our request for a quiet room away from the lifts was met and we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BettyLinn

Thank you for the review , glad your requests were met .

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Thank you to Cherry Panahon,not because she is a Filipina like us, but she really did an extra mile. We were served to a sumptuous meal, ensuring we enjoyed our last few days touring Ireland, told her we have been basically served almost the same food in our more than ten days in Ireland, and she sure did made up for our total experience in Ireland. Thank you to you and your staff!
Hotel is also great, was able to visit The Parliament, and was surely a great sight! Gave it a four because it's was kinda off in location, but we were traveling as a group, so no problem with us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mcbsjd84

Great review thanks hope to see you again soon. I will pass on your thanks

Reviewed 7 August 2014

After having to find accomodation at 2am after leaving a disasterous B&B and after a very long journey, we were grateful to find the Stormont Hotel. As my family roots are local, my husband and I had passed this hotel many times on our visits across the water. We had never thought of staying there until faced with a filthy B&B in another area. The professional, kind and helpful staff, coupled with a spotless room and beautiful shower room were almost overwhelming. In our opinion, the only things to let it down were the lack of air-conditioning during the recent heatwave. The room was stifling. The charge of £5.00 to carry a jug of tap water to our room from the bar (waived when I explained I was disabled with a health condition that meant I must not become dehydrated), water not offered in the room, and the breakfast. I was brought up in England with an Ulster fry for breakfast. My family taking great pride in their culture and the fry a big part of that, The breakfast was poor in technical ability not in quantity. it seems that East Belfast has forgotten how to cook a fry. Even in the cafes the soda's are deep fried and not golden and crispy but soft in the middle as they used to be. I had been really looking forward to it and was badly disappointed. On the whole I would love to stay there again and would recommend it but I would not eat breakfast there and would stock up on bottled water if you need it.

Room Tip: room 36 was excellent but not a good view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ennasebrof
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel on a Friday and Saturday night. Very clean bedroom and bathroom. Bed incredibly comfortable and LARGE. Low noise levels. Helpful staff at the desk and frequent minicab service. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family