1,266 results
All reviewsla scala bistrosunday buffetparliament buildinghastings hotelsporridgerubber duckthe general managercity centreexecutive roomcomfortable hotelbusiness tripexcellent hotelrestaurant staffafternoon teasconesnorthern irelandtop class
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel is very beautiful, comfortable and accommodating. We ate dinner at the restaurant that was wonderful. I had the Irish beef with potatoes and carrots in a wine sauce. The staff was very helpful and the rooms are immaculate and welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary B
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Mary B,

Thank you for such a glowing review. I'm truly delighted that your stay was so perfect and I hope I can welcome you back to Stormont Hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We only stayed in Belfast one night which was not enough. The hotel was very good, the room we had whilst only having a view looking out across the main entrance area to the hotel was fine. The room was on the darkish side which is something we experienced in a few hotels whilst on holidays. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable and the bathroom adequate in size. Free Wi-Fi was available. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very good. Staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was also very good. Would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Br S

Dear Br S,

Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much and I hope I can welcome you back to Stormont Hotel again in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Able to leave the car fox in hotel car park, but it still cost £10 taxi ride to George best airport.
At the desk the receptionist went through the charges, I asked what's the £50 charge for she said "I've just explained that to you" then whilst checking out the male receptionist treated us as invisible. Absolutely dead pan no greeting, no smile no training.
The room was OK but very warm no A/c no fan. Opened the window and main road noise horrendous.
Went for an OK meal where the waiter had to walk to the far end of the hotel for our drinks.
A previous reviewer mentioned Andy Williams music on a loop!! Well it would drive a sane man to drink.
To the management, get it sorted, staff training, and the rest. Will not stay there again prefer to pay big money to a taxi directly to the airport.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roamerabout7070

Dear Roamerabout7070,

Thank you for your comments. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2017

First the good. Lots of parking, the room was big, clean, with a comfy bed. Breakfast was lovely too, lots on offer. Nice atmosphere in the reception / bar area for a evening drink by the fire.

Now the bad. No fridge in the room, and when I asked to have something microwaved it had to be taken to the staff room which had the only microwave anyone could think off. These are very "baby specific" problems if traveling with a new baby so not applicable to everyone.

And the weird. It took 40+mins to get two toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, which arrived as one non toasted ham and cheese sandwich. The excuse given was that the restaurant was busy and restaurant guests take priority. I find that strange as I was paying for my food too, and I'm a guest of the hotel. I should be part of that "busy" instead of a separate entity.

I'd say its a good hotel for a couple and tour groups (there was a few when I was there) but not the best for a family with very young children.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for any issues you experienced during your visit - this is clearly not the expectations I have for guests visiting us at Stormont Hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have stayed in this hotel four times this year, on business trips. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. My only criticism of the rooms is that there is not enough light in them.
The restaurant, La Scala, is really excellent. Lovely food, big enough portions and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Grahamh729,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and I hope I can welcome you back to Stormont Hotel soon.