“A nice hotel”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Stormont Hotel is a nice hotel. I will get the groan out of the way first The WIFI is available at a charge & is operated by BTopenzone. When will hotels offer free WIFI?
It is located near to Stormont which is a bus trip into the centre of the city apart from Stormont there is not a lot around this area of Belfast. It is quiet close to Belfast city airport and is easy to find being on the A20 road out of Belfast which goes to Newtownards. Check in staff where very welcoming and friendly and greeted you with a smile. When booking this room as I had stayed in a number of other Hastings Hotels on this trip they upgraded me to an executive room. Which was a nice touch; but was also funny as I have stayed in the standard rooms in the Stormont and I think they are better. The room I last stayed in had a great walk in shower made by Matki I was so impressed by it I bought one for home it had also recently been decorated whereas the executive room looked like it could do with some serious refurbishment as it looked very tired as was the bathroom which had an over the bath shower. I understand they are going to do the executive rooms up until then I would save your money and go in a standard. Had a very good meal in La Scala if you are on the BBD rate they give you a £20 a head voucher you can either stick to the set menu or you can pick from the restaurant menu using the £20 credit which is a nice idea had one of their steaks which was very good. Overall a nice hotel with good staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We treated ourselves to an overnight stay in the Titanic Suite - highly recommended! The whole hotel is squeaky clean and sparkling. The suite is exceptionally comfortable and roomy. The bed was the most comfortable we've ever slept in.
We had a fabulous meal in La Scala Restaurant, and a great breakfast the following morning. The outstanding feature of the Stormont Hotel is the service from the staff. Anthony and his team in La Scala provide a lovely balance of friendliness with really professional service. Michael and the bar team give one to one attention and great service even when it's busy. Every member of staff you meet in the hotel smiles and says hello.
We had a really lovely and relaxed time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This hotel does everything OK but seems to be aimed at the conference / package tour market.
There is nothing bad about the place & I have no complaints & indeed might well use it for business meetings but the place is just lacking in personality.
They couldnt find our room booking & checking in took over 20 mins but at no stage was there any hint of "sorry for the delay " etc
great spot to see Stormont

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Looks can be deceiving.
Yes the hotel looks nice and pleasant the reception staff are efficient even if they do lack enthusiasm and a smile.
The rooms are well furnished in a modern style with the expected level of gadgetry and an excellent walk in shower which is as well as you will be taking frequent showers in the summer months. The rooms have a southern aspect and NO air conditioning so you can imagine how hot the rooms are during the day and don’t really cool down at night, so the beds may be comfortable but your sleep will be far from comfortable as you battle the heat and the noise from the car park as both windows need to be open all night just to get some air in there.

Foe a hotel of this quality air conditioning really should be as standard in all rooms

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This was my second stay in two years at the Stormont Hastings hotel. Just like last time I was checked in quickly and was soon in my spacious, modern room. The room itself is very modern with a large wall mounted Samsung television and free BT Openzone wifi which I was able to really appreciate during my stay.
The rooms are well laid out with nice large beds and ultra modern bathrooms with overhead drench type showers. There wasn't a single speck of mould anywhere in my bathroom either.
Within my room rate I also had a Full English breakfast. I'd recommend getting the inclusive breakfast otherwise it's a whopping £16 per person. The quality is great though and I particularly liked the idea of having whisky with porridge - nice!
Overall, this is a hotel with a very palatable atmosphere helped along with nice staff and genuine attention to the needs of the clientele. I think it's the best of the corporate type hotels in Belfast and won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Stormont where we were attending a function. Our room was very nice, spotlessly clean, with contemporary decor and with a very large bed. I saw the hotel had a gym but I didn't use it. It had an ipod dock as part of the alarm clock next to the bed which I thought was a nice touch. Even though there was a function in the suite opposite our room, we didn't hear a sound all night, parking was free. Breakfast was excellent, the staff, friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I have stayed in the Stormont on many occasions through business and every room I have stayed in has been good. I spoke to someone a couple of weeks ago and the one thing that everyone remembers is the beds. They are sooooooo comfortable! Which believe me is all you really want when you are away from home. My most recent stay has prompted me to write the review as I have felt that it was a bit expensive to eat at the Bistro especially with a limited budget of £20 (business expenses) However, La Scala bistro now has a special on offer. The current one is a lamb dinner with a large glass of red for £12. It was the best meal in a restaurant I have had in a very long time. The lamb was beautifully cooked, very nice mash potatoes, lovely veg and very tasty jus. The wine was also very nice. A Merlot I think it was. I would have not hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business