“Modern Hotel with all the comforts”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Just spent an overnight while attending a family wedding and the complete experience was memorable . Having availed of the guest discount , an 80 sterling B and B people was very good value . The rooms are finished to a high standard with some lovely views of Stormont gates . The only thing that did surprise me is an 11am check out time , which seems an hour earlier than the international norm , particularly when breakfast finishes at 10.30.
Apart from that I would recommend .

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Stormont Hotel

Reviewed 11 December 2010

I recently stayed here on business, and the hotel was brilliant: the rooms are large, with HUGE beds, flat-screen TVs and tea/coffee making facilities and a full-size ironing board in the wardrobe. All perfect when you are away from home.

The bathroom was a good size, with a great rainfall shower, and complimentary 'White Company' toileteries, that were replenished daily.

The room rate doesn't include breakfast, and on the Sunday morning, I decided to take breakfast in the restaurant, which became a very complicated, and confusing affair, as the first person didn't know how to charge me, and then I was sat down at a table with no cutlery. I waited a while, and then got the waitresses attention and was moved to another table. The breakfast, however, was very good, and they didn't charge me for it, after all the confusion!

The main restaurant is excellent: the food is lovely, and even though the portion looks small, they are filling.

The only downsides of the hotel are that drinks are quite expensive, it is a good 15 min (1hr if the traffic is bad) taxi ride out from the city centre (but you will realise this if you decide to book!), and that the wi-fi internet is not free (and is an exhorbitant rate if you decide to use it!)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I was travelling with a party of 15 to attend a ball in the hotel. When we arrived I was told my room number that was it! I was not told how to find my room what amenities were in the hotel although the receptionist was mannerly she was not friendly and was uninterested towards us.
The main problem I had with this hotel was the bar staff. I would like to point out that the restaurant staff was very nice, friendly, mannerly and happy to help. When we ordered food and drink from the bar we were made wait for longer than necessary (their personally conversations seemed more important than the service they claim to provided).
I and other members of the group experienced this attitude on a regular basis. They very rarely said please or thank you if at all. I also ordered two cocktails which took 30 minutes to arrive and when they did the bartender (Chloe) just put the drinks on my table and walked off she didn’t in anyway acknowledge the fact that the drinks were delayed. And to add insult to injury when I looked at the drinks one glass was full the other was half full. I returned my drinks for an explanation as to how she could consider that it was acceptable and she basically told me I was lucky, that they normally come in smaller glasses. (The glasses seemed average to me) She offered me a refund which was acceptable but never once did she apologize I can’t understand this type of customer service what a joke.
To keep this fair the rooms were very nice a little small for a 4 star but very clean. The lounge area was very nice with an open fire which made for a relaxing place to enjoy a drink.
Although the restaurant staff was very nice, the restaurant itself was average I was expecting a lot more for a 4 star hotel the marble tables made it seem very cold and the chairs were like something you would find in a garden. The tales could have been set better (a table cloth goes a long way) and we had to ask for a jug of water. The food was very well presented and I’m happy to say tasted as good as it looked.
Overall the stay was ok but the staffs really need some training on how to deal with paying customers. If I was the manager I would fire them all. I have stayed in many hotels and never experienced a service quiet like it, truly bad. I really can’t express how rude the BAR staff were.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Everything from check in to the pillows was perfect at the Stormont.

Staff were exceptionally friendly throughout my stay and very hospitable. I've never stayed in a hotel that has managed to achieve the perfect balance of quality and friendliness and comfort as well. A true 4* but definitely 5* for service.

The hotel itself is modern yet relaxing. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had the best night's sleep in a hotel ever. The room was quiet overnight and had all the amenities you would expect of a 4*.

The hotel prides itself on sourcing local food and it really shows in the quality of the breakfast. I chose to stay for the Sunday lunch which is a big carvery in the ballroom. Again the quality was great with choices of fish, salad, pate's, soups, roast dinner, home-made desserts and ice cream and a cheese selection. Yummy!

Location wise the hotel is only a 5 minute taxi ride from Belfast City Airport,. As I was there on business for a short time I didn't get chance to explore Belfast but I will certainly be back!

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, it's fabulous!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2010

My partner booked this room at short notice. thought he had booked "a bargain" ie a £200 room for £100. Very average,tired,shabby furniture,very small ensuite, no sign of great shower on other reviews. We recently stayed at the Clandeboye lodge in Bangor and it was must nicer and cheaper. We were surprised to find that breakfast wasnt included. Also we found it very noisy,even on 3rd floor. We wanted a cheese board at midnight, but room service runs to 9.30 only. THIS iS NOT 4* SERVICE. This is the first time ive complained, and i have stayed in many hotels.
The receptionist was monosyllabic, same girl both days, sort of next, name , what room. No pleasantries or asked we we enjoyed our stay. Waiter in bar couldnt take a simple order for one tea, one coffee...we got 2 coffeees............
We did enjoy our lunch in La Scala, manager there and staff were very good. Food was fantastic and served in very interesting ways.
We will not stay in the Stormont again but will be back to La Scala

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Loved this hotel. Very warm and inviting. It is a taxi or bus ride to city center however.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2010

As I start all reviews as you can see I review a great deal of hotels and I’m not an angry one time guest looking to get revenge. This was our second stop on a 3 city trip.
This hotel is 4 star even on American Standards, the hotel was new, clean and the staff was GREAT.
The room is larger than average for Europe and has all the modern features you’d expect. The hotel workout room is very well equipped and the bar and restaurant were both very good.
The only downside is the lack of internet, I think it is in VERY poor taste in 2010 it require guests to pay for internet. To use their wireless you have to buy cards (much like calling cards) to use internet and its not cheap almost $10 US / hr. that is beyond ridiculous.
On the first night we went to the bar and one of the employees children who seemed to be waiting for her mothers shift to end was running around hanging on the railings that we left the bar only after one drink and went to the restaurant and had light appetizers and drinks. Towards the end of those the young girl showed up at the restaurant w/ her mother and again was loud and running around (her mother appeared to be a server in the restaurant)
The restaurant manager was very friendly and really went out of his way to make sure your meal or time in his restaurant was pleasant. On our last night there (Sunday 11/21) the young woman working the bar alone was so very friendly and sweet. Even brought our drinks to us while we sat by the fire. (great customer service)
The breakfast buffet was very good (best of all three hotels), but could see it getting boring if you were staying there a week. If this is the case no one is saying you have to eat here everyday.
Much like other reviews it is very far from the city center so there is a need for a cab or bus. Their bus system is very confusing, we took a bus and were not aware that the bus stopped running the route because of the xmas lighting that night so we were stuck downtown for 90min waiting for a bus. The hotel is not downtown, but free parking and a short cab ride it is central enough for me. The city center is great but we were not aware that everything closed so early, which was a bit disappointing.
Would I return here. Yes 100%! I loved Belfast, I only wished we had more time. If you have the time Take a walk around a the Stormont Estate right across the street. It is very beautiful and worth the time. Ireland was wonderful overall and cant wait to return... Cheers!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple