“A lovely wee Friday 13th”

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A lovely wee Friday 13th”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We booked Friday the 13th after Malone Lodge had sent out an offer email (£60 double room - room only, they do some great offers if you sign up to their mailing list). It was the perfect excuse for my husband and I to use a voucher we had been given by a friend.

On check in we were greeted by the very friendly and talkative staff (with another passing member of staff recognising us from a previous stay!). We went to our room, which even though was small was still bigger than other hotels I have stayed in and was perfectly comfortable. Their beds are my favourite out of anywhere I've been! They are so comfy you don't want to get up.

As always the hotel had a wonderful atmosphere, and as always, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: if you want a bath, make sure you ask for it. All rooms have showers but not baths
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coleraine, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Just returned from an excellent night at the Malone Lodge Hotel. We decided to book this as we were getting a special offer and wanted to spend a couple of days in the city. When arrived, we were up graded to an executive room free of charge. This room was across the road in an annexe and very quiet. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean with a jacuzzi bath in the en suite. We dined in the restaurant in the main hotel and were not disappointed. We had booked room only so did not sample the breakfast. The hotel is a 20 minute pleasant walk from the city centre. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again. Louise, the receptionist was especially helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kalruth
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012

1 of the best weddings ever made possible by all the staff and management at malone lodge my wife and i congratulate all concerned and thank them for excellent service and professionalism and the food was very very good highly recommend

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank martin m
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I went here for my sister in-laws wedding and I must say I was very impressed with how nice this hotel was. The room was excellent and so were the staff they were very friendly and helpful and the food was great I would recommend this hotel and I will be back again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank antohawk
N Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The Malone Lodge is an excellent and convenient hotel in Belfast. The reception staff & everyone we came in contact with were first class. Room spacious - en suite spotless. Quality of breakfast very good. I have stayed in several hotels in Belfast some high profile but none come near the Malone Lodge in rerspect of service and value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZiggyNIreland
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have stayed several times at the Malone Loge and never been disappointed. By U.K. standards it is excellent value for money: large rooms, clean, elegant, friendly staff and good service. I come on business, but this time my wife accompanied me, and she was very pleased too! This is a good hotel and I would not consider staying anywhere else, as you know what you get with the Malone.

Just be aware that it is a 25 minute walk to central Belfast from the hotel, not an unpleasant one, but remember this is Northern Ireland, so you could get wet! Since the hotel is near Queens university, there are plenty of eataries around if you want a change from the hotel dining room, although this one is good.

Only two provisos: the lobby and restaurant are rather hot and stuffy - better air conditioning would be a bonus. And there is serious building work going on with the hotel being extended at the back - a sign of its success. Having said that, we were not disturbed in our bedroom. But you may want to ask for a quiet room (there are several).

I would comme again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Belfast
Reviewed 25 June 2012

There was not free Wi-Fi ,. Breakfast was good but it was a little pricey
Managed to get a deal so good value for money

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com