“Lovely staff made us feel very special, excellent food & terrific service.”

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We received a gift of a one-night stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The staff made us feel very welcome & special by surprising us with a platter of chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to our room! The restaurant food was beautiful & service was excellent. The room was lovely with everything you need & the whole hotel was very clean. The location is quiet & very close to everything a visitor to Belfast would like to see. We would highly recommend this lovely hotel and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Aweegem, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hi mariaweldon,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so happy to see that your stay was made special and that the team made it that you had an exceptional experience. We hope to see you back on another occasion at the Malone Lodge Hotel and we aim to make that a special one also! Many thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were originally supposed to stay for two nights over St Patricks weekend. However due to money and other problems we could only stay for one.

As a couple we had gotten a package for the night, which included a bottle of bubbly, chocolate strawberries and a suite room with dinner and breakfast.

We're students in Coleraine, so we were just in town for the parade. So we felt a little underdressed when we walked into the lobby and there was a young man lightly playing a piano. We've always wanted to stay in a place where the lobby has a piano!

The staff were extremely friendly, and they showed us too our room which was lovely, massive and has a great carpet. It was heaven for us students let me tell you.

They delivered the bottle of bubbly and the chocolate strawberries, I'm not sure if they were supposed to be in the room before hand but it didn't really matter, it was delightful. The room was across the room from the hotel, which was great because it felt more private and what not.

Dinner was lovely as well, they got my starter wrong but that was partly my fault for not saying anything because I thought I read the menu wrong. But they apologised and asked if I wanted a new one, but it was fine, it didn't really matter.

Breakfast was served about 8am and lasted to 10am? I think. Either way they could have cooked you a Irish breakfast, but I don't eat pork, so I could have chosen an omelette or scrambled egg, I think there was fish or something too? My partner got the Irish breakfast like the Irish man he is, and he thought it was lovely! My scrambled egg was delicious too. There was also a selection of stuff to choose from like a buffet.

To sum it up, we had a great stay at the hotel. The staff were lovely, the hotel was fantastic and we'll be back for sure.

The best part? The bath, even though we almost flooded the bathroom.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Roxanne E,
I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience in the Malone Lodge Hotel and that the team here made your stay everything that you wanted and desired! It is great that you chose the Malone Lodge Hotel, we cater to all types of clientele and want to ensure that all our guests feel valued equally and that the service we provide is second to none. Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I will be sure to let all the team know how much you enjoyed your stay also.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

A lovely friendly hotel in the heart of Belfast. I have stayed in this hotel on a number of occassions now, including standard double room, executive room and more recently the suites. I couldnt fault this hotel in any way as the location is great for getting in and out of the city without hassle, while also maintaining a quite location in the scenic area of South Belfast.

The rooms are spotless, have plenty of space and are of utmost comfort. The hotel is reasonably priced and packages include dining in addition to the room. Breakfast is usually included and worth having. Probably the only negative thing I can say about the hotel is the limited amount of parking space in the car park although this can be overcome by not driving or if the car park is completely full, then you can avail of the free on-street parking.

In conclusion though, a great hotel in the city and well worth the extra few quid compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Chris M,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Malone Lodge Hotel. I will be sure to pass it on to all the team. The feedback you have given is great as it is absolute guest satisfaction like you have got that drives us to be the best we can be. We hope to see you again in the near future, that you again from all the team.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hubby & I stayed here at the weekend. I got an offer on one of those voucher sites, it was €59. When we got there they had decided to put us into one of their apartments and very nice it was. The place was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, and although it's a good 15 min walk into the city centre on the way there are lots of restaurants and pubs and shops. We had such a good day on Saturday that I enquired about staying a second night but at £95 a night I decided not to. A nice place but a bit on the expensive side.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Jezerbel,
We are so glad that you were able to avail of the offers that we have for the hotel. At the Malone Lodge Hotel we cater to all kinds with the great variety of rooms, suites and apartments we have on Eglantine Ave. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just back from a visit to Belfast we stayed at the Malone Lodge we had a very nice lunch in th ebar while we waited for the room to be ready after we ate we were given our room good size and the bed was very comfortable it is a good walk to the city say 15 minutes or there is always a cab outside fare is around 5stg there are bars and restaurants all round and a good variety of them
The hotels food is excellent and we would certainly be happy to stay here on our next visit

Staff are good and helpful

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi littlelamb2011,
Thank you for taking the time to put such a lovely review on Tripadvisor of the Malone Lodge Hotel. We are so glad that you liked the Macklin’s Bar and also the nice comfy beds in the Hotel and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Didn't stay at this hotel, but attended a 60th Birthday party last night, and I must say I was very impressed. The food was fantastic .. (buffet style), and hot! .. which I find at functions like these, food is usually lukewarm. I must applaud the staff though, who made the whole night one to remember. They were courteous, helpful and each one had a smile on their face, nothing was too much trouble. I hope the managers reading this will pass this onto their team - as no hotel can be a success without a good team of workers, so well done all of you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Aweegem, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hi Kateth45,

Thank you for your lovely review. I will be sure to let all the team here at the Malone Lodge Hotel know about the wonderful feedback you have given us. I am so glad that we were able to make your party’s night so wonderful and also that you liked the food so much. Thanks again we cannot wait to see you back for another party soon and maybe book in for a nights stay also!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed for a Sunday night. We've stayed (both hotel and appartments) quite a few times over the past 10 years or so - its usually our first thought when in Belfast. We had booked for dinner in the restaurant which was confirmed at check-in (which was fast and painless). Went for a drink in the bar first. I asked a waiter from the restaurant if we could see some menus and he said he would bring some. He didn't. After a good wait I asked a different waiter who was walking through the lobby. After another long wait menus arrived. No-one came to take our order so eventually we took our drinks into the restaurant ourselves and were seated quickly. There seemed to be a lot of staff around and our order was taken. Quite a long wait for starters but when it came it was good. No-one asked if our 10-year old daughter would like her mains with our starters (surely standard practice nowadays) so she had to sit reading while we ate. Asked for more drinks which was fine - although a cider we were informed had to come from the other bar as there was none in the restaurant bar. No problem - but it was a very long wait.

Then the funny bit - as we were waiting for mains to arrive one of the waitresses asked if we would like to see the dessert menu! Our mains did arrive eventually, but had to ask for the vegetables. And our daughter was served last! She wanted vinegar which we asked for and were reached a bottle which was empty. On the next pass of the waiter I asked for another and yes, you've guessed it, was given another empty bottle... Eventually they sorted it.

Mains were good, as were desserts, albeit it on the small side in this fixed price menu (£17).

Overnight stay was uneventful - good sized room, no issues. In the morning got a knock on the door at 11 and a rather serious housekeeper person (foreign accent) wanted to know when we were leaving as 'she needed the room now'. OK, I replied, we'll be a few minutes yet. She wasn't impressed, staying put and asking 'Well when? I don't want to have to come back and knock knock again'. Not a smile, not friendly at all. She reminded us that check-out was 11 - it was just gone 11 by my watch. I was tempted to throw the door open and let her in while we threw our stuff together. Her attitude was unacceptable.

Left very soon after - couldn't wait to get out to be honest.

Positives: good location, good decor/furnishings.
Negatives: poor service, attitude of housekeeper.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Aweegem, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Hi MetalMikey,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Our main objective is to provide a high standard of quality and service, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is much valued by us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet our guest’s needs. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further on operations@malonelodgehotel.com