“Excellent.. Our new favorite”

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Excellent.. Our new favorite”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I can't believe our apartment here cost us only £20 less than a room at a low budget hotel. The place was like a good sized flat. The rooms are well decorated and the kitchen had everything from gas cooker to spoons and waiting for is in the fridge was fresh milk! The hotel itself is also superb. We were so shocked on arrival at how beautiful the place was given the low price. The staff are fantastic and it's the first place we have stayed that there wasn't a single noise the entire night. We booked online (3 couples) and on the morning we were due to stay one of the party received a call from
The hotel as the apartment they had booked had been left a mess by the previous people so my friends were upgraded to an executive room in the hotel with complimentary breakfast and an hour later check out, which was fantastic. We arrived at 3 to check in and had a bit of a wait as the room wasn't ready, the receptionist advised us to wait because our apartment was one of the luxury ones (and it was). The 3rd couple had already checked in and were shown to their apartment and returned shortly after as they were told they had been given the wrong one and had to wait 30 mins for another one but were also given a better apartment. So all in all a little bit of mix up at the beginning but everything after was great. My husband and I will 100% be back and will recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aweegem, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi Wickedbambi,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Malone Lodge Hotel. I am really pleased that you found our “little gem” in the city so great! We are working on our check in time and also the slight delay in checking in on busy days and hopefully when you come to stay again this will certainly not be an issue. Thanks again for the positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hi to all at Malone lodge
just dropping you a line in regards to my recent stay at your hotel.
On arrival your reception staff were outstanding. We were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome, as if we were old friends for a long time (this is the 1st time I've stayed with you)
The guy on reception (sorry didn't catch his name) was extremely helpful he used extremely effective questioning to ascertain if we needed a taxi later and if we needed a table for dinner which he arranged both for us, then proceeded to explain the internet access process for our devices before giving us our room keys and bidding us an enjoyable stay
later we dined in your restaurant where we were looked after by Emma. Again we were treated like old friends with a warm and friendly service. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she served us attentively. The meal was delicious just a shame we didn't have time for desert as we were attending a concert at the odyssey.
On arrival back to the hotel we were greeted by Emma finishing her shift and instead of running out of the door as I would at the end of a working day Emma took the time to stop with us and ask about the concert and did we enjoy it etc. The bar man was closing up and advised us we could sit in the lobby and enjoy our drinks there was no rush and if we had wanted another drink it was no problem from the night porter
The rooms were nice and modern toasty warm, clean and comfortable
Room service for breakfast was great
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay from start to finish your staff are wonderfully warm friendly and attentive and I will definitely be returning and recommending
Thanks Malone lodge :)
Kinds regards
Emma holland

• Stayed March 2014
Hi Emma,
It is with great pleasure that I read this review. Everything that we strive for in the Malone Lodge Hotel has been achieved in your review, from the warmth of welcome at reception, to the great food in the Knife & Fork restaurant and also great friendly and caring service from the team. I cannot wait to pass on this review to all the team and be able to show how this exceptional service can really make a guests journey special. We hope to see you again soon in the Malone Lodge Hotel.
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed for one night to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. Had booked 'a night of indulgence' which included executive room and dinner. We were upgraded to a suite and there was a card and the room decorated with The Big 50 banners. Dinner was excellent and the dessert for my husband was decorated with Happy Birthday.
The staff went out of their way to make this a very special evening. The room and the food were lovely and I would recommend a visit if you are in Belfast.
Incidentally I lost an expensive bracelet which I suspected May have fallen down the plug hole in the bathroom.
I checked out of the hotel and was reassured by the lovely Rachel at reception that she would arrange a member of maintenance staff to check for me.
Within 2hours of leaving the hotel, Rachel phoned me to say that it had been found in the pipe in the bathroom. The moral of the story is not to leave your jewellery around a sink!
I am very grateful to the staff at Malone Lodge for helping me in my moment of crisis and would definitely encourage a stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Janice ,
I am so glad that we were able to make your stay special. We aim to get the little details right for all our guests and as we were aware of your special occasion we could provide a personal touch. I was also aware of the missing bracelet and that Jonny (maintenance) was able to get it from the u-bend, success! I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to all the team especially Rachel and Jonny. We hope to see you again soon in the Malone Lodge Hotel.
ireland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

situated about 1 mile from city centre and close to queens university, ideal for a quiet vacation. found the the hotel to be of very good quality with excellent staff who were warm and knowledgable. Dined in the restaurant on one night, it was good but not spectacular. Rooms were large andcomfortable. Would visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi tomandbridie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. I will be sure to pass it on to all the team and hope to see you here at the Malone Lodge Hotel again soon.
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. Service pleasant but seemed to be going through the motions.

Bedroom clean and more than adequate but room was overly warm even with window open. Resulting in a poor nights sleep. I'd equally echo others comments about the lack of sound proofing. Glad it wasn't busy on the night I stayed.

Evening meal was again just average. Rib eye steak was rough and lacked flavour, that's a first and one I won't want to repeat, but to balance that criticism the salad was excellent and huge. Restaurant service was again just average.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Madaboutfooooood
Hi Madaboutfooooood,
I am sorry to hear that you thought the food and service to be just average. Here at the Malone Lodge Hotel we strive to provide an exceptional experience to all our guests and on this occasion you did not have this experience. I will be sure to go back and look at our steak quality and also the service training we provide to all of our team to ensure we get it right for all our guests and work on areas that are maybe lacking. Thanks you for your constructive feedback, hopefully we will see you back again and you will notice a great improvement.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was at Malone Lodge for a business meeting which lasted all day and the facilities were excellent, the staff were very accommodating and in general we were delighted with the venue. However as we arrived at 8am and didn't leave until near 5pm the only food and drink that we had all day was in the hotel including breakfast. Unfortunately within 15 minutes of leaving the hotel and only about 3 miles on the motorway out of Belfast I had to stop the car and was violently ill on the hard shoulder. I drove on for another few miles and repeated the process until my stomach was empty... sorry for the full details but I am convinced that the salmon that I had was not good as I have never been so violently ill in my life!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a lovely Hotel and I stay regularly on business - but please can the Chef drain off the water before serving the poached eggs - it spoils what could be a nice breakfast - he goes to the bother of putting on some watercress as decoration but serves the eggs swimming in water which then make your toast and anything else on the plate soggy - and before someone replies and says he does drain them I watched him this morning serve the eggs straight from the pot to my plate on the pass - also who ever cooked them on the Tuesday 25/3 not only waterlogged but as hard as nails !!!! other than that the service and staff are generally very good .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi check,
Thank you for the feedback. Please be assured that I have gone over the poached eggs with the chefs and that this as a result of your feedback is no longer an issue. I am glad that you enjoy everything else about the hotel and hope to see you back again soon.