“Quiet and centrally located hotel near Queen's University”

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Quiet and centrally located hotel near Queen's University”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited this hotel on business and it far exceeded my expectations. The only thing that was problematic was the fan in the bathroom that didn't switch off but the staff did their best to sort this out and apologised when they couldn't do so (it got fixed on my last day) - this impeded my sleep somewhat. The room was large in size as was the bathroom. It was nice to be able to have a window that opened fully. The restaurant - both breakfast and dinner - served amazing food and if you are on a diet, don't go here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi Claire A,
Thank you for sending in such a lovely review. Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, including our large size rooms with a large Bathroom also.
We pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you. I have rectified the issue with the fan since your time with us. I am also really pleased that you really enjoyed your dining experience in the Knife & Fork Restaurant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A very nice hotel situated reasonably central to everything.
Large comfortable rooms, good food, wine and excellent service provided by Mr Vijay Kumar
in the lounge bar.
Internet was free of charge and very fast.
Overall a pleasant experience and would certainly re-visit again

1 Thank rmilligan52
Hi rmilligan52,
I really appreciate your lovely comments regarding all of our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team gives our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated. I will ensure to pass on your kind words to all the team.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.
Cork
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice hotel, wifi could have been better, great location for getting around, parking behind the hotel which is free so all in all very good. Bar food limited and overpriced but after a long days work its ok!

Dear mumofonehappybaby,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, and for your constructive feedback regarding Bar Menu & prices. We have already brought this to the attention of our team, further to your correspondence with us.It is important for us to receive such feedback so we can strive to continually improve our service levels. We do hope you will return to see us again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is local to me so I often go there for the bar food. The quality of the food is excellent. The simpler the item the better it tastes like their battered fish, chips and peas. Eating in the lobby is very relaxed and comfortable. There's no need to book. Price is very reasonable. The staff are pleasant and seem to stay in their jobs and so are interested in their work and competent. The best thing is their Guinness - the best in Belfast.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in the hotel so I can't comment on the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Helen M,
On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

At short notice I needed to make accommodation arrangements for a Conference guest speaker the night before the event. The speaker in question was a well known individual with a notable media profile and so it was of great importance that the hospitality selected was of a high standard. Having heard recommendations for this hotel and having met several of the staff at a function previously I had no hesitation in making booking enquiries. Despite the short notice the hotel could not have done more and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my booking request and even arranged a complimentary upgrade for my guest. At the Conference my guest speaker made a specific effort to come and thank me for arranging such fantastic accommodation arrangements. They couldn't have been happier with the service and standard provided and they will be choosing to return when next visiting Belfast with the intention of making this their 'go-to' hotel when on business in Belfast. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to other organisations for Corporate bookings or similarly for Private bookings. An excellent well run establishment!

Dear Sinead F
I was delighted to read your very positive review of your client’s recent stay with us. It is so encouraging to get such great feedback. I have passed this on to the team. We hope to see you and your guests again very soon.
Antrim
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Decided to try the Malone Lodge for food as friends of ours are getting married there later this year & we had never been before.

Chose to eat in the restaurant where the food was ok but the service was appalling. Had to keep calling waiter/waitress over to ask where our food was. We had our 2 small children with us & by the time we left the restaurant we had spent nearly 2 hours there. I really would not like to see them if it was busy!

A very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Anne M
Dear Anne M

Firstly my sincere thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback on your recent dining experience with us.

I regret that you received poor service from members of our team during your visit. We pride ourselves in personal service; it is very disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not reach your expectations. I profoundly apologise for this. We like to think that our people are our best asset at Malone Lodge Hotel we sincerely hope that you will trust in us to take this feedback constructively and rectify an exceptional experience which does not match the usual standards.

Once again my sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Malone Lodge Hotel is renowned for.

Finally I do hope you will consider another visit to us so that we may have the opportunity to rectify this experience which does not match the usual Malone Lodge Hotel.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Althought the hotel has a great restaurant we decided just to dine in the beautiful lobby. They offer bar snacks etc and the food has always been without fault. Unfortunately our recent visit to the hotel was a bit disappointing. We waited over 30 mintes to get our order taken even after trying to attract the waitress attention and asking at reception. Thanks to their regular waiter Vejay our experience was a bit more pleasureable. The hotel have a gem in him, he is always so pleasant and welcoming and nothing is ever a bother. Only for Vejay seeing to us as nicely as he did I don't think we would have been returning. Definitely recommend a visit to the hotel for a snack or just to relax in their lobby and if Vejay is working - you will be well looked after.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi BBY,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, and for your constructive feedback regarding lobby. We have already brought this to the attention of our team, further to your correspondence with our team. Although this is not the level of service which we usually provide, and is therefore disappointing to hear, it is important for us to receive such feedback so we can strive to continually improve our service levels. We do hope you will return to see us again soon.