“Cliffs concert”

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Cliffs concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel last night it was very comfy the staff were polite and helpful we stopped One night for a concert but we got a great heal ...One night Cliff concert dinner and breakfast £120 all in would stopp there again x.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Hi David A,

Thanks for the great feedback on the hotel and the deal that you got. We hope to see you back in the Malone Lodge Hotel soon! Many thanks again from all the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to a friend's wedding. Tried to check in at 2.30pm. Was told check in wasn't until 3. Tried to check in at 4. Successfully checked in at 5pm. We had been 'upgraded' to a suite. Massively stained sofa and bed, pretty unattractive bathroom. The wedding was fun, but not helped by the truly awful food. We had roast beef. Imagine the thinnest cut of grey anaemic meat, accompanied by a "roast" potato that I imagine was deep fried. Then microwaved. It certainly wasn't roasted in goose fat. And then desserts that were inedible. A trio of desserts, each more awful than the last. This place is a letdown to Belfast. Sort it out.

Room Tip: Rooms in pretty much any other hotel are better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bang0rB0und
Dear Bang0rb0und

Firstly my sincere thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback on your recent experience with us.

We pride ourselves in getting it right for all our guests and it is very disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not reach your expectations. I profoundly apologise for this. We like to think that our food is one of the many areas of expertise we pride ourselves on, we sincerely hope that you will trust in us to take this feedback constructively and rectify an exceptional experience which does not match the usual standards.

I would also like to apologise for the issues regarding your room.

Once again my sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Malone Lodge Hotel is renowned for.

Finally I do hope you will consider another visit to us so that we may have the opportunity to rectify this experience which does not match the usual Malone Lodge Hotel Welcome.
Kerrykeel, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked the Malone Lodge apartments as part of a package with Belfast Hen parties. We had 2 apartments, and they were superb - clean, comfortable, with excellent facilities. Towels and bed linen are supplied, as well as little toiletries in the bathroom, and a selection of cereals, tea, coffee and biscuits in the kitchen, and even a carton of milk in the fridge. The icing on the cake for me was the congratulations card and hen party banner waiting in the apartment.Such a lovely little touch!
We had a cocktail class with Tony, which was great craic, and a delicious meal in the Knife & Fork restaurant. We didn't have time to have our dessert, and the staff were extremely kind, sending our desserts up to the apartment so that we could have something to tuck into when we got home!
I couldn't recommend the Malone Lodge highly enough, for facilities, food, location and service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi MurphyCiara,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. I cannot wait to pass it on to the team. I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your hen with us and that you would recommend us to others. Good luck with the wedding!
Eire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel at the end of March. We got a deal on Grabone.ie. We when arrived our room was ready which was great- there was a slight problem with the key which meant a few trips up & down before a manager came up with us & got it sorted.
Room was nice & big with a big bathroom with a bath- a big plus for me. We were to the front of the hotel & heard alot of noise throughout the night from people coming back from nightclubs etc so not much sleep got.
When I made the booking we were offered a special dinner rate which we decided to go with after we checked in just for an easy life as we knew we wouldn't be in the city that day to check out restaurants. The food was lovely however we felt that the portions were on the small side and they charge you for anything extra should you want it ie. a side portion of say chips which I think is really scabby. It was however a really nice dinner @ £17pp for 3 courses its not bad value for money. Did go for a quick wander before dinner- turned right outside the hotel & left at the traffic lights there are a few very nice restaurants & an award winning steak house on the street so I would probably give one of those a try next time.
The hotel is a little outside the city centre but we drove in in about 5-10mins so it was fine. We really wanted to visit The Giants Causeway, Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge & Titanic Centre so we didnt have much time in the city centre but we hope to go back & do the city properly next time.
Breakfast was nice BUT way over priced- I ordered 'Pancakes' from the menu & what I got was 1 pancake cut in 4 pieces & it cost me £10!!! I think management needs to look at the breakfast menu & do some changes. There is a little cafe practically next door to the hotel which offers full breakfast for like £6/£7 or something! Which I was sorry we hadn't just popped in there!
Overall it was a nice hotel but I think for the price we could probably find somewhere else closer to the city centre!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are probably quieter!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happiest-on-hols
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi happiest-on-hols,
I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Malone Lodge Hotel. All feedback we receive is great and the constructive review you have given has allowed me to address the pricing and menu issues you have raised with both my head chef and also restaurant manager. Hopefully from here we will be able to tweak the menu to help our guest and the Malone Lodge Hotel.

I do hope you decide to return to the Malone Lodge Hotel again
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My son and his wife booked this hotel for their wedding reception on 24 May 14 and i would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone thinking of booking it. The beautiful room and table arrangements were outstanding. Both the quality and quantity of the food were very enjoyable and the service was excellent. We also stayed for 3 nights, lovely rooms, breakfast excellent and particular thank you to Tony in restaurant who provided breakfasts to latecomers and also provided breakfast with room service. Hope to back in Belfast and stay in this hotel again soon.

Room Tip: Even though we were in a front room the traffic noise did not affect us.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Josephine S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Malone Lodge Hotel and thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

I really appreciate your lovely comments regarding all of our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team gives our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated. I will ensure to pass on your kind words to all the team.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited this hotel on business and it far exceeded my expectations. The only thing that was problematic was the fan in the bathroom that didn't switch off but the staff did their best to sort this out and apologised when they couldn't do so (it got fixed on my last day) - this impeded my sleep somewhat. The room was large in size as was the bathroom. It was nice to be able to have a window that opened fully. The restaurant - both breakfast and dinner - served amazing food and if you are on a diet, don't go here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hi Claire A,
Thank you for sending in such a lovely review. Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, including our large size rooms with a large Bathroom also.
We pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you. I have rectified the issue with the fan since your time with us. I am also really pleased that you really enjoyed your dining experience in the Knife & Fork Restaurant.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

A very nice hotel situated reasonably central to everything.
Large comfortable rooms, good food, wine and excellent service provided by Mr Vijay Kumar
in the lounge bar.
Internet was free of charge and very fast.
Overall a pleasant experience and would certainly re-visit again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business