“First class”

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“First class”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stay with a few friends.. rooms were gorgeous and spacious. Staff were more than helpfull. Knife n fork restuarant served up a beautiful meal . Couldnt ask for better! Ps. Breakfast was well presented and tasted great too!! (Who needs poached eggs)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Margaret R
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Margaret R,
Thank you for sending in such a lovely review. Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging.I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, including Knife & Fork and the delicious breakfast minus the poached eggs!Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team.
On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is in many ways ok. Spacious rooms, well equipped, nice breakfast and more. The location is good, close to Queens and not far from the University gym (or the river if you want to see the early morning mist). The main reason to write this review is that the road is quite busy and that some of the rooms are close, leaving it impossible to keep the windows open at night. It seems to apple especially to the rooms on the other side of the road from the main building. It was necessary to move rooms. As the hotel was full over the week-end, we had to wait a couple of nights (but since we wee there a week, it still was worth it).

Room Tip: If sensitive to noise, ask for a room facing away from the main street.
Dear Arild B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here with us at Malone Lodge Hotel.

I would like to apologize for the issues regarding your room.

Once again my sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Malone Lodge Hotel is renowned for.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Malone Lodge on 2nd July 2014, we stayed in the presidential suite on the ultimate indulgence package which was absolutely fantastic. From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel til we left we felt like VIP's. Included in our package was bubbly and chocolate dipped strawberries, a four course meal which was delicious as we paid a £5 supplement and took the steak well worth it. Then to finish off after a relaxing night in the suite you get your breakfast included which has as good selection of fruit,cereal, toast,croissants,yoghurt and fruit juices after which you then order your cooked breakfast, tea and coffee also. I do have to say I had the best nights stay and the bed was so big you could get lost in it and pillows where brilliant. I will definitely stay in this suite again on the same package. The staff were all polite, helpful and nothing you asked them for was to much bother. Brilliant team of staff in the Malone Lodge Hotel. If anyone is looking a chilled, relaxing retreat for a night I'd definitely recommend this package. ; )

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle B
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Michelle B,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, including naughty but nice chocolate dipped strawberries and bubbly!
We pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team.
On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here on business and couldnt have asked for anything more! Great customer service, great menu, great sleep.....overall great experience! My only flaw was the wifi signal in my room which dropped quite alot but plenty of space in the Lobby so I made my office in there.

I stayed in one of the suites and my only regret was that I didnt really get enough time to spend in the room! Cleanliness was spot on and the size of the bathroom was ridiculously good! Location was great too!

2 Thank Stuart G
Dear Stuart G,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, including our large size rooms with a walk in shower & bath.

I am sorry that you experienced some disruption the WIFI signal, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back should you be re-visiting Belfast in the future.
Clare
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had a pretty awful eating experience which unfortunately soured the whole experience for me. There was a booking mix up and they did not seem to have my group booked into the restaurant. The head waiter seemed belligerent and rather than accepting that the fault could be on their part was quite rude with my party and not helpful at all.
It was two hours before we got our first course from the start of the booking fiasco and the courses were dragged out unnecessarily.
What really upset me though was that rather than accept responsibility and throw us out some free bread to keep us going, when we asked from bread (after an hour and a half) we were told we would have to pay for it.
A manager did eventually apologise and discounted our bill but the head waiter had already irreparable spoiled my eating experience. He could certainly do with a refresher in basic customer service.

2 Thank ScubaNinja
Dear ScubaNinja,

Thank you for visiting us here in Malone Lodge Hotel recently and thank you for your feedback.
I was disappointed to hear of the shortcoming which you experienced in The Knife & Fork Restaurant and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. Furthermore, having discussed this issue further with our team, we are now in the process of retraining all the team on the booking process to ensure this issue from re-occurring in the future.
In relation to your comment on the service you received from the head waiter, I will raise this issue further with him and the team and ensure that this will be addressed accordingly as we pride ourselves with a reputation of high standards of service and comfort.

Once again sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Malone Lodge Hotel is renowned for.

Finally, we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back should you decide to re-visit in the future, furthermore I do hope that we will have the opportunity to demonstrate our level of commitment to you and hope this one incident did not deter you from future visits.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Once again this lovely Hotel is let down by the breakfast chef again . Just had breakfast - Poached eggs on toast with bacon . When I went down the server , who was very nice (Scouser) pointed to the cooked buffet and told me to ignore it as it was for a coach party and they would cook my breakfast fresh. They then proceeded to take 2 bits of bacon from the buffet and serve them with my poached eggs - again swimming on water served with a slice of uncut toast on the side on the smallest round plate I have seen , there was hardly enough room for the eggs.
This might sound petty but at around £13/14 for breakfast I would expect better - just lazy and no standards - I think I will opt for the continental or see if I can get a room only rate as you would be as well going to Mc Donalds and save a few quid.
Its worth noting I mentioned this back in March to which I got a very nice reply from the management saying they had spoke with the chef - well I have got news for you they don't listen.
Other than that this is a nice and friendly hotel.

2 Thank chcek
Hi chcek,
I would like to apologise for the issues regarding your Poached eggs. I will ensure that the Head Chef rectify the issues raised immediately through more training and diligence. May I take the opportunity to again apologise that you have faced a situation where the eggs you have been given do not meet our highest standards for a second time.

belfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed overnight in one of the apartments recently, clean and well maintained. Had requested early check in which was not a problem. Had dinner in the knife and fork grill - as someone who lives in Belfast, I can honestly say, best customer service I have had in any Belfast restaurant. Staff were so accommodating and nothing too much trouble. Would definitely eat here again and would recommend to anybody visiting Belfast as close to city centre (about 20minute walk)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear nicolastravels
I was delighted to read your very positive review of your recent stay with us. It is so encouraging to get such great feedback. I have passed this on to the team. Thank you for your great recommendation of the Knife &Fork Restaurant. We hope to see you again very soon.