“Convenient and clean hotel at an excellent price!”

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great convenient location to city centre - 10minute walk.
Varied continental breakfast - fry,cereal,juices,yogurts,pastries. Very tasty.
Clean rooms and bathrooms.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Free and safe car parking behind the hotel and we could leave the car there even after we checked out and they said this was fine, as we wanted to go shopping for the day and get the car on return.
Excellent rates - 90euro for 3 person room per night.

Only thing was that the room got very warm even though we did not have the heating turned on - so we opened a window which was secure to open even though we were facing onto the street. Also my sofa bed was a bit bumpy in spots, but the others said the beds were fine.
Would recommend this hotel and I would go back no problem.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are probably quieter but it wasnt that noisy in the front.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for takling the time to review your recent stay with us as a customer focused hotel we welcome all feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will inform the staff of your kind comments.
Ill look forward to welcoming you back if your travels ever take you back to Belfast.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is my third stay at this hotel and I will continue to stay here for future visits. We stay here when visiting our son who is a student at Queen's University. It is less than 5 minutes walk from the University area so perfectly positioned for us. The rooms are spotless, warm and functional. All you could want really. Breakfast is amazing- all you can eat buffet.The reception staff could not be more helpful and really go the extra mile for you. If you need advice, a taxi booked etc, they will make the call for you. When you check out, there is a secure room you can leave your luggage for the rest of the day if you go out again as we did. The price is per room and very reasonable for multiple occupancy. In fact, for a family, extremely cheap.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne F
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review. The entire team work hard to ensure all our guests receive good value for money and enjoy their time with us. I am glad youenjoyed our free cooked buffet breakfast which is a good start to the day.
Thank you for your loyalty and return custom and if you are not a Priority Club member already please ask one of the reception team on your next visit and they can enrol you so you can earn points for every visit.
I will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occassions now. My previous review is available on this hotel. This review is to reaffirm the previous comments I made that this is a great hotel for a good value stay in Belfast. It is very reasonably priced, is easily accessible with secure parking and close enough to all the central areas of Belfast.
And nearby in the queens district there are loads of eating places including one of my favourites - Scalini's (see my separate reviews).
All in all, if you want a very nice hotel for a good price in Belfast, this is the one.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review and for your repeat custom. I am delighted you get value for money while you stay with us.
I will look forward to welcoming you back in the future. A top tip for your next visit if you are not already a member of our Priority Club please ask one of the reception team to enrol you and you can earn points in return for your loyalty.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed in the hotel from the 3rd of feb until the 6th for my partners bithday. We were not concerned much by where we stayed as we planned to do a lot of site seeing and would not be spending a lot of time in the hotel...

However, we were very pleasently surprised and instantly felt like I wanted to spend time there! I truley do not think they have one single member of staff who was not willing to go out of their way to impress the guests. Top service from every single person working in the hotel!

We arrived early at the hotel and although we were too early (arrived 2hours before hotel check-in), we were given the wi fi code for our iPad and the receptionist checked us in as soon as our room was ready (an hour early which was great)

The room itself was a tiny bit chilly as the maids open windows to let fresh air in when cleaning (as we later discovered) but the room was quickly warm once we turned the heating on, there was a bottle opener attached to the wall so you can bring in your own drink and an ice machine in the lobby, we were also allowed to call a takeaway and the receptionist told me just to wait in my room and she would call me when it arrived!! Shower was sooo warm and very roomy! loads of tv chanels to choose from and room was very clean, fresh and modern

There was a free phone in the lobby for very cheap taxis and drivers where very friendly, a taxi into city centre was exactly £4 but only a 15min walk. The hotel staff also arranged a few excursions for us which they made it seem a pleasure to do

Check out was at 12 and our flight wasnt until 8 that evening but the hotel staff kept our bags with no pressure for us to rush back for them. I have recommended this hotel to several people already and I will stay here again!

Room Tip: we had 101, end of the corridor, quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsty M

What a great review thank you for taking the time to write your kind words. The entire team will be delighted with your comments as they all work very hard to ensure all our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay.
Thank you for recommending us and I will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

3 girlfriends and I stayed over on 3 February, clean rooms and were given adjoining rooms which was great . Receptionist most helpful. The rooms were very cold in the afternoon when we arrived but heated up well after we switched on the radiators. We were asked to keep quiet by the night porter at around 2am as someone had complained that we were a bit noisy as we chatted. We were told that breakfast was available to 12 noon but stocks were very low when we came down for breakfast at 11.20am. we got enough to eat. Free, secure parking was great. Taxi fares not expensive. Relaxing reception area with plenty of soft seats and newspapers to read. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 206/208.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your pleasant review and constructive feedback. I will pass your comments regarding the breakfast on so we can improve. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you all back in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Recently spent a pleasant evening here with my husband..... receptionist very nice and helpful. rooms modern and clean, not just in city centre but taxi fares to city not expensive. Buffett breakfast and no one rushing you to leave... surrounding's modern and clean....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your pleasant review. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your evening with us in our clean modern hotel.
I hope to welcome you both back in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for one night, we justed wanted a night away and was pleasently surprised by what we received. We had great staff who gave us directions, a very clean bedroom / bathroom. We had a lovely times and hotel was quiet at night. The only downfall I have was the parking, there is only a few car parking spaces and we had to wait until someone else left their space and we had to take theirs. We found quite a lot of guests had the same problem. Although this did not affect our stay and we will be returning again!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for your excellent review. I am happy to hear that we pleasantly surprised you. I will pass your kind comments to the staff who will be delighted. I am sorry for the inconveniance caused by not getting a parking space right away but I am glad you did in the end. I will look forward to seeing you when you return to stay with us.