Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
House Belfast(Belfast)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,348 results
All reviewshi expresssecure parkingice machinethe sofa bedqueens quartercar parkbotanic avenuefree breakfastuniversity areaulster museumminute walkwould stay here againbudget hotelquiet areahotel is situatedstayed here for nightscooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A typical Holiday Inn Express, not far out from the city centre (20 - 30 min walk) and from the bars of Dublin Road (10 mins). Breakfast is free and varied. Room was a good size, clean and a good temperature. Would I return, yes, for business or with family.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AnthonyHayllar
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you review about your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Belfast. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do take note of all reviews left.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location handy. We hope to welcome you again in the future whether on business or with family.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Myself and my girlfriend (both 21) stayed here for four nights for new years. Like other hotels we have stayed at, we felt at home and loved the facilities the hotel had to offer. the free breakfast was a treat and we availed of it each morning and were stuffed after it! this hotel is located in a suitable area if you want to go shopping in victoria square or castle court, and we also found a small shopping centre further on in cityside shopping centre which was a pleasant surprise!
Our room had a nice flatscreen tv with endless channels unlike other places we have visited, and we were able to keep in contact with family and friends via the free complimentary WIFI in the lobby, AND also the room, which is a first! the staff we met were lovely, and also were very helpful to myself when asking for directions from the hotel to the odyssey area, when we were going to the odyssey bowling arena. the hotel also had a nice private car park that was secure, which meant you only could enter via use of your room key card. I felt this to be a nice comfort, as we both knew that the car was safe.
Overall, I am really happy to have spent the new years festivities in this fabulous hotel, and I know my girlfriend was really happy to with the hotel! We would love to stay here again if we could ever afford it, although that seems very unlikely.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david_qprfc
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, it is brilliant to hear how much you and your partner enjoyed yourselves. I am so glad to hear that you took full advantage of all we have to offer here and found all the staff helpful and friendly. Check out our website, as you will find the best rates on there if you would like to come and stay again, we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I used it for visiting before the Christmas Holidays. Like others, on this site, it is GREAT value. Good breakfast, clean rooms, good staff and convenient to everything in Belfast. Took us 5 minutes to get to the bus stop and to some very good restaurants and pubs. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pugachev1

Dear Guest,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found us good value for money. I am also delighted to hear that would took advantage of our free cooked breakfast and the great location of the hotel. I will pass on your comments about the staff and they will be greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express on my last 3 visits to Belfast for 1 good reason: you can't find a better bargain in the city.

It's a basic 3* hotel much like all other Express class Holiday Inns worldwide. This one is situated out by Queens University, a short 15 min stroll from the city centre. It has free parking and wifi which is a huge bonus. However I will caution that the car park upper and lower levels have very badly designed ramps which are very very narrow so be careful if you drive anything wider than your average basic car.

The staff are helpful and pleasant and always responded to any requests I had at check in (such as what floor I'd like etc).

The rooms are well appointed with a great tv and lovely bathrooms. I've noticed that mattresses have yet to be replaced as this is my main point of complaint. They are overly soft and become concave with 2 people lying on them. Anyone with back issues may find them very uncomfortable.

Another issue I had one this particular visit was noise. There were groups of people visiting for parties in the city and arrived back to their rooms at between 3-5am shouting, screaming and banging on doors. All in all I was woken 5 times with the noise, and I was wearing earplugs. Bear this in mind if you are visiting at weekends and are looking for a peaceful nights sleep.

Overall I am a fan of this hotel, even with my quibbles with mattresses (please replace them soon!), the car park and noise, I would definitely and I expect to stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you found us good value, we all love a bargain! I am delighted to hear that the staff have always managed to accommodate any requests that you have and you took advantage of our free car parking. We are in the process of replacing the mattresses so hopefully you will find the beds better on your return. In regards to the noise that you experienced during you stay here, I can only offer my sincerest apologies. We do look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The HI Express is a very good hotel in a good location. Loads of restaurants, bars, etc. around, 15-20 minute walk to the city centre, a 5 minute walk to the university, botanic garden and Ulster Museum.
The rooms were fairly spacious and very clean. The mattresses were a bit too soft for my liking, but that's just a personal preference. Slept well nonetheless.
The free breakfast had a good choice and was tasty. Free Wi-Fi and parking was also a plus.
Staff at reception were very friendly.
Had stayed there before and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us good value. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of our free cooked breakfast and free WiFi. Thank you for your comments about the staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.