“luxury on a budget” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
ballymena
“luxury on a budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Myself and my husband stayed in this great hotel overnight as we were seeing a show. The whole experience was exceptional. The location, the room,the customer service was the best and last but not least the breakfast was outstanding. There was so much to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definately be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andrene m
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you review about your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Belfast. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do take note of all reviews left.

I am so happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you took advantage of our free cooked breakfast, and I will pass on your comments to the staff. We are always happy to hear when a guest has enjoyed themselves. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Grace Pullen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very nice place to stay. Good price for what you get. The only thing is that the room next door is separated by a wall and another closed inside door, which makes the TV of the neighbours easy to hear.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an additional couch and rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Suzette F
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found us good value for money. It sounds as if you were allocated an inter-connecting room for your stay, if you let us know before hand we can ensure that you have a quiet room at the end of the corridor. Hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's a holiday Inn so you get what you expect to get. Not over priced, it was nice and clean with a reasonable standard if room. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again when in Belfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnEyersx
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that enjoyed your stay here and that you found us good value. I am also glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful, I will pass on the comments and they will be delighted. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

A typical Holiday Inn Express, not far out from the city centre (20 - 30 min walk) and from the bars of Dublin Road (10 mins). Breakfast is free and varied. Room was a good size, clean and a good temperature. Would I return, yes, for business or with family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AnthonyHayllar
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location handy. We hope to welcome you again in the future whether on business or with family.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Myself and my girlfriend (both 21) stayed here for four nights for new years. Like other hotels we have stayed at, we felt at home and loved the facilities the hotel had to offer. the free breakfast was a treat and we availed of it each morning and were stuffed after it! this hotel is located in a suitable area if you want to go shopping in victoria square or castle court, and we also found a small shopping centre further on in cityside shopping centre which was a pleasant surprise!
Our room had a nice flatscreen tv with endless channels unlike other places we have visited, and we were able to keep in contact with family and friends via the free complimentary WIFI in the lobby, AND also the room, which is a first! the staff we met were lovely, and also were very helpful to myself when asking for directions from the hotel to the odyssey area, when we were going to the odyssey bowling arena. the hotel also had a nice private car park that was secure, which meant you only could enter via use of your room key card. I felt this to be a nice comfort, as we both knew that the car was safe.
Overall, I am really happy to have spent the new years festivities in this fabulous hotel, and I know my girlfriend was really happy to with the hotel! We would love to stay here again if we could ever afford it, although that seems very unlikely.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank david_qprfc
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, it is brilliant to hear how much you and your partner enjoyed yourselves. I am so glad to hear that you took full advantage of all we have to offer here and found all the staff helpful and friendly. Check out our website, as you will find the best rates on there if you would like to come and stay again, we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I used it for visiting before the Christmas Holidays. Like others, on this site, it is GREAT value. Good breakfast, clean rooms, good staff and convenient to everything in Belfast. Took us 5 minutes to get to the bus stop and to some very good restaurants and pubs. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pugachev1
Dear Guest,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found us good value for money. I am also delighted to hear that would took advantage of our free cooked breakfast and the great location of the hotel. I will pass on your comments about the staff and they will be greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express on my last 3 visits to Belfast for 1 good reason: you can't find a better bargain in the city.

It's a basic 3* hotel much like all other Express class Holiday Inns worldwide. This one is situated out by Queens University, a short 15 min stroll from the city centre. It has free parking and wifi which is a huge bonus. However I will caution that the car park upper and lower levels have very badly designed ramps which are very very narrow so be careful if you drive anything wider than your average basic car.

The staff are helpful and pleasant and always responded to any requests I had at check in (such as what floor I'd like etc).

The rooms are well appointed with a great tv and lovely bathrooms. I've noticed that mattresses have yet to be replaced as this is my main point of complaint. They are overly soft and become concave with 2 people lying on them. Anyone with back issues may find them very uncomfortable.

Another issue I had one this particular visit was noise. There were groups of people visiting for parties in the city and arrived back to their rooms at between 3-5am shouting, screaming and banging on doors. All in all I was woken 5 times with the noise, and I was wearing earplugs. Bear this in mind if you are visiting at weekends and are looking for a peaceful nights sleep.

Overall I am a fan of this hotel, even with my quibbles with mattresses (please replace them soon!), the car park and noise, I would definitely and I expect to stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you found us good value, we all love a bargain! I am delighted to hear that the staff have always managed to accommodate any requests that you have and you took advantage of our free car parking. We are in the process of replacing the mattresses so hopefully you will find the beds better on your return. In regards to the noise that you experienced during you stay here, I can only offer my sincerest apologies. We do look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.