“Great location, comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great location, has been upgraded and much better layout than before.Parking available.Good breakfast, good rooms at a good price. Wifi facilities. Poor selection of beers in bar but plenty of alternatives nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you review about your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Belfast. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do take note of all reviews left.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our free WiFi, free cooked breakfast and free parking, we love that we can provide all of these at no extra cost! We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Overall great experience, but disappointing that there is no refrigerator or microwave. The front desk staff is excellent and the service is great.

***The only thing I would say is ALWAYS keep the lock on your door! On a few occasions I had staff (not cleaning staff) knock once and open door immediately. Luckily the first time it happened I was decent and on my computer. I think it VERY rude to not wait for a reply from inside of the room before automatically opening the door!!!!! After the first time I was walked in on I ALWAYS kept the door locked and STILL I got the ONE KNOCK an DOOR OPENED! Luckily I had the door locked. As a woman alone I didn't feel safe that this was happening.

1  Thank DivaSiva4

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a good experience overall and the staff were friendly and helpful for you, however I am concerned about the issue that you had. Could you please contact me on fom@hiexpressbelfast.com with your reservation details so I can investigate further?

Reviewed 3 June 2014

In a fairly pleasant part of Belfast and only 15 minute walk from the centre, this hotel is worthy of cost conscious travelers. The rooms are clean, airy and of a high quality. The buffet breakfast is not bad, the shared areas are clean bright and airy.
The only negative was getting a disabled room - despite asking for a change - and the area being slightly run down. But very close to the University and the botanical gardens more then made up for this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buskerboy

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that your bedroom was clean and airy and the public areas were well kept and clean, our housekeepers work extremely hard to maintain these standards. I'm sorry we couldn't match your exact room requests this time, we try our hardest to do so but this is not always easy when the hotel is busy. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I wasn't to sure what to expect when I booked this as we booked the advance rate which was £63 for a double room, but I was pleasantly surprised! There was excellent car parking facilities which seemed to be secure enough. The hotel was very clean and I couldn't believe how spacious the room was! There was ample channels available on the TV, hairdryer, kettle etc. The room was spotless however a few 'dodgy' stains on the carpet but nothing major enough for me to complain. We also had our dinner in the hotel which again was first class and plenty to choose from with grest service! Breakfast was very good also lots of variety & you could have helped yourself to as , much as you want! Was extremely happy with my choice of hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family or staying here again myself :)

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you got to take advantage of one of our great rates and found us great value for money. I am delighted that the room, parking and cleanliness of our hotel was better than you expected. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, we love it that we can offer such a great range of items for you to choose from because we know how important breakfast is! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here from 29/5 to 1/6. Check in was very quick,as we arrived slightly early the receptionist phoned to see what room was available and quickly gave us our room key. The room was spacious, bathroom adequate.
We had there breakfast my husband's niggle about it was that only scrambled eggs were on offer not fried eggs, no soda bread offered and the potatoe bread over cooked. He satsifed himself with cereal the following days. I found the selection very good considering it's included in the price. We were also amazed that WIFI was also included.

The location of the hotel is also very convenient for town, Botanical gardens etc. We found it very easy to get around. Close to a train station which we took to Carrickfergus.

So would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Would stay here again on our next visit Belfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KathyH1967

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that check in was efficient and the receptionist was able to get you an early check in, this is always nice after travelling. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of our free WiFi, we know how essential it is! We try our hardest to cater to everyone's tastes for breakfast but this isn't always possible, next time ask the server and they will be able to get the chef to make some fried eggs for you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the fourth hotel that we have stayed in in central Belfast and whilst not the best it was of an acceptable standard for a busy high volume budget hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean although the bed linen was well past the best and the duvets and covers, although clean, could do with replacing. The beds are also rather soft - well used perhaps?The breakfast was adequate although not of the best quality. We were fortunate to find the last paring space in an extremely small and tight to access car park. Perhaps we will try hotel no. 5 on our next trip to Belfast in a few weeks time as there are sever to choose from in this price bracket.

1  Thank Robin W

Dear Guest,

It sounds as if you have lots of experience of Belfast hotels and I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We have just replaced all of our pillows and we are just about to replace all of our duvets so hopefully if you give us another chance in the future you will enjoy yourself a little bit more! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Hotel was clean, quiet and close to the main part of town; the staff were helpful and courteous. We enjoyed the breakfast. Good value overall. Access to the underground parking garage was a bit difficult and the barbed wire fence was a bit off putting!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Grace P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you found us good value and enjoyed your free cooked breakfast. I am also pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful and you took advantage of our free parking, even if you have to be brave to use the underground parking ramp! We hope to welcome you back again soon when all our car park will be operational!